Official 2023 Halloween Horror Nights 32 (Orlando)

Tony, that is exactly the reasons we`re not going to the event this year and we`ve been doing HHN since 2007.

You hit the nail for me with your comments. For us, it`s not the same unmissable event it used to be.
Sad to hear that.

I already have my AP from last year, so that is the main reason I still plan on going.
Much will depend on the cost of the tickets and I also plan on doing the SeaWorld event.

The SW event is so much cheaper and easier. The Jack the Ripper show is really good. The scare zones are much more creepy & in-your-face and you can get some good banter with the scare actors. I do wish they'd up their food game for Howl-o-Scream.

Bummer that I missed it all these years when it was better. Still, I hope this year is decent. Either way, it will be fun to see it for the first time. I'm sure it will beat the Halloween events at the local parks.
Their production value still sets the bar sky high. Although much has changed over the years to appeal to a broader audience.

The scares, well, depends on what happens to actually scare you. I still manage to get my share of jump scares.

Knew change was in the air when they modified Depths of Fear due to so many guests’ complaints. Story is they originally added the dog bit to counter the allegations that they were going “soft”. Idea to spark an uneasy reaction in those who were a bit nose bind after all the human gore portrayals.

Turned out, they surely hit that mark. Tasteless? Of course it was, as many horror genres do tend to roll. It was absolutely designed to make people uncomfortable, just worked a bit too well. IMO disingenuous they rapidly capitulated and modified the house.

The overall dumbing down of a long-standing history of adult horror content to make it palatable to the general public (especially children) is likely here to stay.

I have noticed in general, since covid, that groups in the theme park arena, including some of my close friends, have become disillusioned with their interest. I don't know if those things have changed, their expectations changed, or they are just becoming bored. It's OK. People don't have to like everything, all the time, forever. But I would judge for yourself, especially since you have never been.
Likely, to some degree, a combo of all of the above.

one good thing about coming in as a noob now, you don’t have to compare it to it’s past glory years.
I do wish they'd up their food game for Howl-o-Scream.
We have been lucky enough to get Sharks for dinner pre event. Do think their xmas food booths are much better.

These two rumors rumbling around for a bit. They are getting louder, can’t say they are necessarily credible

Tomorrow, there may be some news

“ ACCORDING TO AN INTERNAL HIRING AD, HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS 33 WILL RUN FROM AUGUST 30 THROUGH THE NOVEMBER 2, 2024.”

&

UK TAs are hinting tix sales may commence there tomorrow

:confused3

“ ACCORDING TO AN INTERNAL HIRING AD, HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS 33 WILL RUN FROM AUGUST 30 THROUGH THE NOVEMBER 2, 2024.”
Yeah that seems to make the most sense - although I would have like to see it start the weekend before so they don't have the repeat of last years mess opening weekend (from all accounts anyway - I was not there)

Lots of chatter in a FB group I am in. Looks like some tickets are going on sale today. In fact, if you believe people, some people already got them this morning and then it closed off again.

Quick question. What time does HHN start in the evening? I am staying in a Universal Hotel and will have express, what time should we arrive at the gate? I don't want to be in the front of the crowd because of physical limitations that cause me to move a bit slower then I am sure others will want to go. I am just trying to figure out what time for my friend and I to have a meal at City Walk before hand.

August 30-nov 2

pricing is up on FB groups via sales thru TAs

Reports people were able to add tix online to existing reservations

Not sure if the DIS TA is offering, always nice idea to consider supporting them

Thus far, only single night tix & express (high out of the gate, will only increase)

Pricing as of today, no tax & Rounded up

First chart tix price, 2nd is add on price of single night EP

IMG_0215.jpeg

IMG_0216.jpeg

Lots of chatter in a FB group I am in. Looks like some tickets are going on sale today. In fact, if you believe people, some people already got them this morning and then it closed off again.

Quick question. What time does HHN start in the evening? I am staying in a Universal Hotel and will have express, what time should we arrive at the gate? I don't want to be in the front of the crowd because of physical limitations that cause me to move a bit slower then I am sure others will want to go. I am just trying to figure out what time for my friend and I to have a meal at City Walk before hand.
Usually 6pm, but the gates sometimes open earlier.

August 30-nov 2

pricing is up on FB groups via sales thru TAs

Reports people were able to add tix online to existing reservations

Not sure if the DIS TA is offering, always nice idea to consider supporting them

Thus far, only single night tix & express (high out of the gate, will only increase)

Pricing as of today, no tax & Rounded up

First chart tix price, 2nd is add on price of single night EP

View attachment 847829

View attachment 847830
This would be odd, don’t remember it being released early only for TAs

Has anything come out for pricing for the RIP tours? My dad and I decided that we're going to do the tour rather than 2 days.

They kick you out of the park if you aren’t staying in the holding areas at 5pm . The gates open for HHN around 6 pm . If you want to avoid the craziness of the crowds waiting, definitely go after 6pm. Also your express pass for the parks doesn’t work for HNN, you have to add it on when you buy your HHN tickets.

Also your express pass for the parks doesn’t work for HNN, you have to add it on
So many make that mistake.

Onsite guests have had separate entrance to HHN for years. Not as congested as the main gate

However, it opened the same time as main gate last year. I was there one night in September when park not cleared until closer to 6:30 pm

They kick you out of the park if you aren’t staying in the holding areas at 5pm . The gates open for HHN around 6 pm . If you want to avoid the craziness of the crowds waiting, definitely go after 6pm. Also your express pass for the parks doesn’t work for HNN, you have to add it on when you buy your HHN tickets.
We do not have normal tickets for the parks. Just an HHN ticket with Express.

We hope to do the separate entrance.

Will likely do a lunch at 3:30 or 4 then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter