• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2022 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opinions. If I can get my hands on that music box popcorn bucket, think I can bring it in a carryon on a plane?
I bought mine back to the UK today in my carryon wheelie case no problems.

They were selling them at the popcorn cart on Main Street nearest to the castle and the one in Liberty Square during regular park hours on Saturday. Not sure if they still are because they said on Saturday that once they were gone, they were gone and we waited in line about 30 minutes for ours.

Quick question, is there a regular (round style) Christmas themed popcorn bucket, or is it still the 50th style. The music box is beautiful but I already have a similar tin (not disney), I like toy story but it seems unwieldy to carry around and I want my refills. The gold tree just isn't for me. Thanks!

Debating on whether I should add this party to my vacation. I’ll be taking my sister to universal from Dec 11 to 16. The MVMCP is not sold on on our dates. She’s never been to Disney, or on a vacation anywhere, so I’d love to add it, but ugh the cost of this event is making me hesitant. Our dollar is so weak right now, that it would cost me $500 in my local currency just for tickets. Then I’d be spending money on transportation to and from the Universal area, and of course on food! That’s a ridiculous amount of $$ to spend on one evening, isn’t it ?
Mrs. Danielle - definitely agree with other posters, value and comfort level with spend is your call. That said, you asked for opinions, so I'll give you mine. I love Universal, especially the Harry Potter stuff, but typically only need to spend a couple of days there. I've done that mental math in reverse - thinking about a day at Uni... do I really need to spend $$$$ to essentially get a butterbeer? LOL. That said, you've got 5 or 6 days at Uni, so you might enjoy bit of a break. The MVMCP could be ideal, especially if your sister has never been to Disney.

MVMCP is a rather idyllic Magic Kingdom visit. It's beautiful, crowds are low, most rides are walk-on or nearly walk-on. The Christmas fireworks are great and the Christmas Parade is the best parade that Disney does, imo. (My husband loved it and he's not a parade or Disney fan). Ticket price includes free cookies/drinks from stations as I'm sure you know, so you have snacks built in all night. Party ticket gets you into the MK at 4pm, and it's easy, relatively inexpensive, and quintessentially "Disney" to grab hot dogs for dinner at Casey's Corner before the party starts at 7. Getting there from Universal isn't too bad. A fairly quick ride, and not too terribly expensive.

Real experience - In 2015, I took my kids, my siblings, my adult nieces and their little kids to a MVMCP. Some of them had never been. It wasn't cheap, but the trade-off was that we didn't buy separate park tickets for that day - we just did the party. We all rode everything with little to no wait, saw great fireworks, shows, characters in their holiday outfits, ate a bunch of snacks while strolling around the beautifully decorated lower-crowd MK, and saw the fantastic parade on Main Street (with the snow falling). It was a massive success.

One of my nieces took a photo from that trip and made it into Christmas ornaments for all of us. To this day, every Christmas someone says "Remember that time we all went to Disney for Christmas?" and we all go down this idyllic Disney Christmas memory lane. That first MVMCP was super fun, super "Christmassy" and had some serious magic for my family group. I'm glad I spent the money.

Mrs. Danielle - definitely agree with other posters, value and comfort level with spend is your call. That said, you asked for opinions, so I'll give you mine. I love Universal, especially the Harry Potter stuff, but typically only need to spend a couple of days there. I've done that mental math in reverse - thinking about a day at Uni... do I really need to spend $$$$ to essentially get a butterbeer? LOL. That said, you've got 5 or 6 days at Uni, so you might enjoy bit of a break. The MVMCP could be ideal, especially if your sister has never been to Disney.

MVMCP is a rather idyllic Magic Kingdom visit. It's beautiful, crowds are low, most rides are walk-on or nearly walk-on. The Christmas fireworks are great and the Christmas Parade is the best parade that Disney does, imo. (My husband loved it and he's not a parade or Disney fan). Ticket price includes free cookies/drinks from stations as I'm sure you know, so you have snacks built in all night. Party ticket gets you into the MK at 4pm, and it's easy, relatively inexpensive, and quintessentially "Disney" to grab hot dogs for dinner at Casey's Corner before the party starts at 7. Getting there from Universal isn't too bad. A fairly quick ride, and not too terribly expensive.

Real experience - In 2015, I took my kids, my siblings, my adult nieces and their little kids to a MVMCP. Some of them had never been. It wasn't cheap, but the trade-off was that we didn't buy separate park tickets for that day - we just did the party. We all rode everything with little to no wait, saw great fireworks, shows, characters in their holiday outfits, ate a bunch of snacks while strolling around the beautifully decorated lower-crowd MK, and saw the fantastic parade on Main Street (with the snow falling). It was a massive success.

One of my nieces took a photo from that trip and made it into Christmas ornaments for all of us. To this day, every Christmas someone says "Remember that time we all went to Disney for Christmas?" and we all go down this idyllic Disney Christmas memory lane. That first MVMCP was super fun, super "Christmassy" and had some serious magic for my family group. I'm glad I spent the money.
Really beautiful write up! So glad to hear what an amazing time your family had at MVMCP. :) I’ve been to MNSSHP in 2018 and had a blast !

Really beautiful write up! So glad to hear what an amazing time your family had at MVMCP. :) I’ve been to MNSSHP in 2018 and had a blast !
Oh thank you - I'm admittedly very nostalgic about that Christmas trip! And I'm with you on MNSSHP... love it! I usually do annual Halloween and NYE trips. This year, I'm swapping out NYE for MVMCP. I think it'll be fun to do a MVMCP again after all this time.

I'm a little disappointed I won't be able to get a pin for the party specifically, but I guess I can still get normal Christmas ones. I think the point for me is just to get one that says "I was here during Christmas time!"

Has anyone had any success with Cinderellas Table walk up list during the party? every time I check during party time it looks available, but not sure if I fully trust that. We aren't too into characters this trip, so we are fine with sacrificing the time to a sit down meal.

So sad. I have party tickets for next weekend but it is looking like we can’t go now due to an extracurricular school activity commitment my daughter is making. I rebooked our stay for for this weekend but the parties are sold out. Do you think there is any chance I can get them transferred to this weekend? Perhaps at the ticket counter? We are annual passholders who stay about 20 nights per year. Not sure if that helps at all. Even if I can’t get them transferred, the tickets will hold their value for future use towards new tickets, right?

So sad. I have party tickets for next weekend but it is looking like we can’t go now due to an extracurricular school activity commitment my daughter is making. I rebooked our stay for for this weekend but the parties are sold out. Do you think there is any chance I can get them transferred to this weekend? Perhaps at the ticket counter? We are annual passholders who stay about 20 nights per year. Not sure if that helps at all. Even if I can’t get them transferred, the tickets will hold their value for future use towards new tickets, right?
Try giving them a call

You can ask. Only they truly know the answer.

Here is a recap of last night's party. I lined up for Ariel and Eric at 6:20 and was 2nd in line. Which pictures started at 7pm. I then went to Genie they started with Aladdin & Abu. Genie and Jasmin came out at 7:30. After that I went to meet with Tweedledee and tweedledum as they came out at 8pm. I stopped at a couple cookie stations, went on Tomorrowland speedway which was a 5 minute wait then headed to space mountain and another treat station. Done all that by 9pm. I then went to mainstreet and took pics infront of the Christmas tree and on mainstreet right after the first parade finished. The only holiday magic shot I saw was with tinkerbelle in her Christmas outfit which was also offered during the day unlike other years I've gone to the party. They did have a Christmas present that opened and was lit up inside when you opened it and this was the picture in front of the tree. We then headed to watch some of the stage show while waiting for fireworks. We got a spot close to the partner statue which was a great spot. After fireworks we secured our spot for the parade. We took turns going to grab cookies while the other one held our spot for the parade so we could stock up. There are two locations in Tomorrowland that aren't too far also. The Tomorrowland speedway Christmas overlay is super cute imo. I suggest checking it out. The holiday musical popcorn bucket was at quite a few popcorn stands during the party with little to no line. For the characters pay attention to the times on the mde app as it will help you decide which character to get in line for first. It was nice that they spaced them out by some starting at 7, 7;30 and 8 for example. If you te it right you can accomplish a lot in a short period of time. Well every character meet but Jack and Sally which people lined up for the minute they got their wrist band for the party.

Trying to figure out a battle plan for the party. Got 4PM Plaza ADRs and the dessert party. Big things for us are party-exclusive photopass shots and characters. I'm guessing once we finish at the Plaza (5:30 at the latest since we are a party of two adults), we can run to Seven Dwarves and then dash to Nick and Judy before the dessert party? How bad are the waits for the characters so far? Or would it be smart to drop The Plaza so we can hop in line early for Seven Dwarves?
Edit: Cancelling The Plaza. Will have snacks or QS at the hotel (Contemporary/BLT) before heading to the party.

Nick and Judy aren't meeting this year :( Same for Seven Dwarfs.

They are in the parade, though.

So I keep meaning to check the app during the party, and I keep failing. Does anyone know/remember when the Pooh characters begin their meet and about how long the line is? TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter