"Official" 2022 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi party people! I'm curious about the timing of the snow on Main Street in previous years. We plan to watch fireworks/parade from the Liberty Square area, but might consider trying our luck on Main Street if that's the only time it snows.

We'll be at the first party, so won't be able to rely on anyone elses reports like I usually do! Does it typically snow continually or just certain times? Don't want to miss it!

Yep it’s your fault I canceled my party!

JK! Thanks for that catch. For the same price we will be at gf in ER and have great food , drinks and service !
Now I’m all about finding an espresso martini! But we digress from the topic.

Trying to pick a date, I have two and a half MK days planned for our trip due to our trip being 9 days. Wanted some input, what would be better? Ending the first full day at MK on Tuesday with the party or ending the last day at MK on Friday with the party? I haven’t been so don’t know what to expect really.

We're going on December 6th! Can't wait to hear more about all the offerings during the party.

We've never been to MVMCP but we did the Very Merriest Afterhours Party last year and loved it! I see that there are supposed to be some snacks (mostly cookies and hot cocoa) available throughout the night that are included in our admission. At the Afterhours party last year there were cookie and cocoa spots but you could also get unlimited popcorn, pop and water throughout the night.

Does anyone know if that's typically part of MVMCP. I'm sure we'll be trying a bunch of the special foods they have for purchase but I always like to plan a little bit beforehand so I can tell the kids and hubby what to expect.

Thanks for the info!
No, the free popcorn, ice cream and soda are part of the ticketed after hours events but NOT the parties. They won't be part of MVMCP.

Some of what happened for the candlelight processional was if you were staying on site and within your booking window it would show you the ADRs as soon as they were loaded, which was a little before 6 am (was it about 5:30 or 5:45?). If you were staying off site and looking for an ADR right at 60 days out, you couldn't see the availability until right at 6 am. But if staying off site and looking for anything under 60 days, the ADRs should show up right when they are loaded. I'm not sure if I've expressed that well or if it is more confusing. I think there also might have been some glitches too for people that should have been eligible to book but had trouble.
Not true for me at least - I’m booked on-site (DVC) and was within my 60 days - couldn’t see availability til 6am

I looked at Thrill Data site for the wait times for MNSSHP on October 27 which is a sold out date to get an idea of what wait times might be for our MVMCP date. Since this is 2022 data, it should be close to what we will experience, assuming that Disney caps the numbers the same as the Halloween parties. Here is the link for that date if you want to look at the wait times: https://www.thrill-data.com/mnsshp/2022. If you scroll to the middle of the page, you can see the wait time by hour for each ride.
This is really helpful! I'll add a caveat for the MVMCP planners - Haunted Mansion waits will likely be lower and Jungle (Jingle) Cruise will be higher. We found Jingle Cruise waits to be relatively high (ie 30-40 minutes) even at the after hours last year which had less people than MVMCP. I think the wait time may have dropped some later in the evening. We dashed over right after fireworks and only waited about 10 minutes.

We just bought our tickets last night for 11/29! So excited to go to this for the first time ever! Which parade is typically the less busy if there is one? Which character meet and greets should we make sure we go to?

Just got tickets for Nov 14 party. Just DD and I will be attending but we have enough excitement for 10 right now! It was not part of our plans but we are both absolute suckers for holiday festivities at WDW. We would have travelled after Thanksgiving but switched our dates Nov 5 - 19 in hopes of catching DGS‘s university study break. Things worked out so more of the family will be able to join us for the first week and going to the MVMCP should satisfy our holiday obsession.

Can someone comment on what ride wait times might be like for the party? We are considering going on Friday, December 16th. I realize Friday is not ideal but we do not want to forfeit extra evening hours at Hollywood Studios on Thursday.
honestly it depends on the ride. Many are walk on or 5/10 minute waits. More popular rides are 20-30 in most cases. We just came back from the Halloween Party and it was sold out and the waits were no more than 20 except for mine train (45) and space (30).

Hi party people! I'm curious about the timing of the snow on Main Street in previous years. We plan to watch fireworks/parade from the Liberty Square area, but might consider trying our luck on Main Street if that's the only time it snows.

We'll be at the first party, so won't be able to rely on anyone elses reports like I usually do! Does it typically snow continually or just certain times? Don't want to miss it!
I haven’t been to a party since 2018, so I may not have the most up to date information. But I believe it only snows on Main Street during the parade and possibly at the end of the night.

Just thinking about suppertime. Where do people go for supper during the party that is quick and doesn't take up precious minutes? Hotdog from Casey's? Pizza slices? Turkey leg?

Just thinking about suppertime. Where do people go for supper during the party that is quick and doesn't take up precious minutes? Hotdog from Casey's? Pizza slices? Turkey leg?
We’ve not done MVMCP, but did do a ton of MNSSHPs. What we found to work best for us was a late lunch, around 2pm, at a dining place at one of the monorail resorts. That left us not starving but hungry enough to enjoy the party specific food and drinks we wanted to try.

Trying to pick a date, I have two and a half MK days planned for our trip due to our trip being 9 days. Wanted some input, what would be better? Ending the first full day at MK on Tuesday with the party or ending the last day at MK on Friday with the party? I haven’t been so don’t know what to expect really.

I'm not sure if it matters, but I'd decide soon. Parties are starting to sell out. For what it's worth, I chose a Tuesday, December 6, which is now sold-out. One other reason I chose the one earlier in our trip is because years ago my DD got sick on the day we had a MNSSHP planned. The CMs were nice enough to allow us to reschedule to a later day in our week.

We’ve not done MVMCP, but did do a ton of MNSSHPs. What we found to work best for us was a late lunch, around 2pm, at a dining place at one of the monorail resorts. That left us not starving but hungry enough to enjoy the party specific food and drinks we wanted to try.
Agree with this 100%! We tried to eat dinner at our first MNSSHP(2018) at Cosmic Rays, but the lines were so long the meal took over an hour. Very valuable time lost. This is our first MVMCP, and we have a 445pm res at BOG for a late lunch/early dinner before the party. Leaves plenty of time to eat cookies and holiday treats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter