"Official" 2022 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you go in expecting it to be packed to the gills, shoulder to shoulder, then you’ll be fine. Anything less will be a pleasant surprise. Peak time Disney visits require a lot of patience, planning, and most importantly, flexibility. But it’s still possible to have an awesome time!
Very true! We've been to a sold out MNSSHP in the second week of October before Covid, so at least we have a little practice with the crowds. I do agree that any vacation in WDW can be amazing, it's all about what you make of it!

Very true! We've been to a sold out MNSSHP in the second week of October before Covid, so at least we have a little practice with the crowds. I do agree that any vacation in WDW can be amazing, it's all about what you make of it!
Do crowds tend to thin out after the fireworks when littles may be going home to bed?

I think it will depend on what they limited capacity to. I went to several sold-out after hours events and it was still great. Tons of room in the hub to watch the show and parade, and nothing was over a 10 minute wait except 7 Dwarfs. MVMCP is usually higher capacity than that, but I would imagine the fireworks are less crowded than a normal day.
That's a good point. I have heard some discussions if the capacity is the same as it was before Covid. We got a little spoiled after our last trip in August 2020, but looking forward to most of the restaurants coming back!

How does the seating at the Terrace Dessert Party work? If you get there earlier do you get better seats. Reservations did not show anything of how the seating worked. Once you are there can you walk away for a bit without someone taking your seat? Thank you

How does the seating at the Terrace Dessert Party work? If you get there earlier do you get better seats. Reservations did not show anything of how the seating worked. Once you are there can you walk away for a bit without someone taking your seat? Thank you
The times that we have done it, it has been assigned seats with a place card placard on each table with the reservation name on it. They were placed well in advance (we saw them already on the table about an hour prior to check) and the time of arrival had no effect on where we were seated.

So this is our first MVMCP. We’ve don MNSSHP many times, and in the last few years we did multiple parties because we enjoyed them so much, and wanted to do a lot without feeling rushed. So I’m contemplating doing a 2nd party. For those of you that have done MVMCP in the past, is this something you’ve done or not really needed? FYI, we enjoy character meets, fireworks, stage shows, trick or treating for MNSSHP (I guess the different cookies and hot drinks is the equivalent), shopping event merch, and parades.

So this is our first MVMCP. We’ve don MNSSHP many times, and in the last few years we did multiple parties because we enjoyed them so much, and wanted to do a lot without feeling rushed. So I’m contemplating doing a 2nd party. For those of you that have done MVMCP in the past, is this something you’ve done or not really needed? FYI, we enjoy character meets, fireworks, stage shows, trick or treating for MNSSHP (I guess the different cookies and hot drinks is the equivalent), shopping event merch, and parades.
Everyone is different but since you asked....

I love to do 2 MNSSHP's! It is my favorite thing at wdw.

However MVMCP is nice but just doesnt compare. For us (me and DD27) it is a one and done per year. However it is nice to do and see so many people dressed up in Christmas stuff and ears etc. I just prefer to see HS and Epcot in the dark some nights too.

Since covid the parks are hardly open while its is dark. I miss just seeing the parks with lights on :)

Everyone is different but since you asked....

I love to do 2 MNSSHP's! It is my favorite thing at wdw.

However MVMCP is nice but just doesnt compare. For us (me and DD27) it is a one and done per year. However it is nice to do and see so many people dressed up in Christmas stuff and ears etc. I just prefer to see HS and Epcot in the dark some nights too.

Since covid the parks are hardly open while its is dark. I miss just seeing the parks with lights on :)

I'm doing it twice.

1. often cant get to all of the photo spots
2. its my only MK time, so I want to do as much as possible
3. no M&G pressure
4. no pressure for parade, fireworks locations, shows

I'm doing it twice.

1. often cant get to all of the photo spots
2. its my only MK time, so I want to do as much as possible
3. no M&G pressure
4. no pressure for parade, fireworks locations, shows
I so understand, that’s how we feel about mnsshp.
Hope you have great parties!

Our MNSSHP was taken out of play by Ian. :headache:
We rebooked MVMCP. Have enjoyed both parties nearly every year.:banana:.

Accordingly, now tend to take our time and not focus on waiting in line for character pictures. Just enjoy milling about, the parade & FW.

We are just back from a short stay @ BLT where we could enjoy the nightly FW From our balcony. In the past have enjoyed comparing the party FW to regular ones. Expected to see a big difference…very surprised there wasn’t.:oops:

I’m going with there had to be more of a focus of projections on the castle for the party.:confused3 Do hope that MVMCP has a bit more “oomph”vs what we viewed (albeit from our balcony) For MNSSHP.

looking forward to reviews of the early parties!

We are just back from a short stay @ BLT where we could enjoy the nightly FW From our balcony. In the past have enjoyed comparing the party FW to regular ones. Expected to see a big difference…very surprised there wasn’t.:oops:

I’m going with there had to be more of a focus of projections on the castle for the party.:confused3 Do hope that MVMCP has a bit more “oomph”vs what we viewed (albeit from our balcony) For MNSSHP.

IMHO, a good bit of the excitement and magic feeling comes from the music accompaniment. Were you able to hear it from your room balcony? We like to go to the BLT-contemp bridge where they pipe the music in. Other people like TOLWL but I like the ease of the bridge, and you still get the music there.

Were you able to hear it from your room balcony?
Yes, it’s offered on the TVs resort station. It does make a world of difference if viewing from afar.

even tho it was ‘cold-cold’ there last week, saw many staking down a spot on the CR balcony for the FW.

we’ve done CA grill (new menu not to my liking lol) and the DVC lounge (oh, the new hoops ugh) several times.

Yes, it’s offered on the TVs resort station. It does make a world of difference if viewing from afar.

even tho it was ‘cold-cold’ there last week, saw many staking down a spot on the CR balcony for the FW.

we’ve done CA grill (new menu not to my liking lol) and the DVC lounge (oh, the new hoops ugh) several times.
We won't be able to make the 12/4 party while we are there but do have Cali Grill reservations and since the fireworks are probably our favorite part of the party we're hoping that gives us our full.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter