"Official" 2022 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Boo this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did call Disney on Thursday when we cancelled, so even before they announced park closures, and I was told that if we did not make it to the party (for whatever reason), the cost would remain on our account as a credit that could be used toward future ticket purchases, as Disney knows that your tickets were not utilized. The person told me that guests cannot see this in their MDE accounts, but CMs can see the info. You would have to call Disney to apply the credits to future purchases. I don't know if they are restricted to use for future parties or can be used for any ticketed event/park entry ticket, but that is what I was told. The only thing I can do is rely upon what the CM told me. I agree that everyone should make their own calls, but I won't know if this ends up being accurate until next year when I buy tickets again.
I was given basically the same info, so hopefully we won't have any trouble.

That’s what I thought Disney would do. I told DH they would hold the party even though many people would have canceled trips due to hurricane, as there were people already at WDW who could attend. For those able to go, did party events - parades and shows - occur and were outdoor rides open?
We were at last night’s party. it started raining just before 7 and rained for the rest of the night, not heavily but consistently. The parade was replaced by Mickey‘s rainy day cavalcade, there were fireworks - we loved the show. If I’m remembering videos I’ve seen correctly, I believe the Jack Skellington puppet was missing, there was a castle projection of Jack instead. We caught the early “Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular”, I was surprised that it was only about 5 minutes long so maybe that was the rainy day version as well? We didn’t try later because it didn’t seem worth it. BTMRR was running for part of the evening as well but I don’t know if it stayed open all evening. We rode Jungle Cruise before the party started and all our party-time rides were indoors, we only rode a few. We did trick-or-treating and saw several meet & greets, occurring, though we didn’t stand in line for these or look for them.

We were first time MNSSHP goers and we enjoyed ourselves, the lower crowds, rides and fireworks, even if soaked through. It was a nice surprise to get the notice of the 1-day Park Hopper to compensate as we were heading to our car.

We were at last night’s party. it started raining just before 7 and rained for the rest of the night, not heavily but consistently. The parade was replaced by Mickey‘s rainy day cavalcade, there were fireworks - we loved the show. If I’m remembering videos I’ve seen correctly, I believe the Jack Skellington puppet was missing, there was a castle projection of Jack instead. We caught the early “Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular”, I was surprised that it was only about 5 minutes long so maybe that was the rainy day version as well? We didn’t try later because it didn’t seem worth it. BTMRR was running for part of the evening as well but I don’t know if it stayed open all evening. We rode Jungle Cruise before the party started and all our party-time rides were indoors, we only rode a few. We did trick-or-treating and saw several meet & greets, occurring, though we didn’t stand in line for these or look for them.

We were first time MNSSHP goers and we enjoyed ourselves, the lower crowds, rides and fireworks, even if soaked through. It was a nice surprise to get the notice of the 1-day Park Hopper to compensate as we were heading to our car.
Thanks for the info. The party is our favorite thing to do at WDW, and I am glad you had a good time despite the weather. We have also been in the rain and wore rain suits and carried on. I hope that you can go again sometime when the weather is nice, as the parade with headless horseman and the full stage show are awesome! Thanks again, and stay safe if in the area.

Last edited:
With MNSSHP being sold out - if someone can't make a party, rather than them being stuck with a credit for a future ticket, is there a way to transfer the ticket to someone else if lets say I wanted to buy their ticket?
I'm pretty sure you can re-assign tickets to anyone in your "friends and family" section as long as they have not been used.

Just a reminder that discussions re: obtaining tickets to a sold out party is not allowed on DISboards. These posts will be deleted.

There was a recent case at DL were tickets were resold online and all tickets purchased by original purchaser were cancelled by Disney. Disney does not allow tickets to be resold. Please do not hint in any way how to obtain tickets to a sold out party.

Can anyone tell me what time Gaston's Tavern is closing on a party night? Have tickets next week and want to make sure to grab a cinnamon roll before they close!

At this time since Sunday's party is not cancelled (and probably won't be) I think you're better off contacting Disney to see what can be done for guests who had to cancel due to the storm. I wouldn't rely on them not attending being enough for a credit to be issued.

I think you're best to hope for a callback and discuss the matter with them.
Thank you, I was able to get through this morning and get it handled.

Has anyone with a Thursday night (cancelled) ticket been able to get any other resolution with Disney beyond a refund? CMs keep telling me to keep checking if tickets are released due to cancellations but I don’t see this happening on the website. We are local - any way to call and check to see if tickets are being sold at the gate for a party in the next week due to all the cancellations?

Safety is priority, but of course we are so disappointed that there is no option to attend another party. (As an aside, many reports of Wednesday party guests getting an extra free 1 day ticket and other guests being allowed to switch dates in person. No magic for the cancelled party guests yet, but hoping some magic happens when safety issues are resolved).

Last edited:
Has anyone with a Thursday night (cancelled) ticket been able to get any other resolution with Disney beyond a refund? CMs keep telling me to keep checking if tickets are released due to cancellations but I don’t see this happening on the website. We are happy to pay for new tickets but don’t want to make the 2 hour drive on Sunday or Monday if it’s safe to do so with kiddo unless there will be some available at the gate.

At this point I will wait until the weather improves and phone lines are back to ‘normal’ to try again. Disney is far busier with stranded travelers and safety concerns for me to follow up but we are so disappointed that there is no option to attend another night party. Last night I had a helpful CM supervisor but we disconnected after over 3 hours and no call back. (As an aside, many reports of Wednesday party guests getting an extra free 1 day ticket and other guests being allowed to switch dates in person.)

It appears my tickets were automatically refunded, because they were missing last night from MDE. Not sure what else can be done at this point.

If you bought your MNSSHP tickets through Undercover Tourist, you can get a 95% refund. That is what I did. I had tickets for the 9/26 party but we left early that day because of Ian - didn't want to get stuck in Orlando (we drive). I always buy my tickets through UT because of their return policy. I buy all of my Florida theme park tickets from them.

How likely is it that I can get tickets to Sundays party, day of? My Dh and I have tickets for tomorrow but our flight was canceled and our rebooked flight was also canceled so we aren't getting in to MCO until 10 tomorrow.

How likely is it that I can get tickets to Sundays party, day of? My Dh and I have tickets for tomorrow but our flight was canceled and our rebooked flight was also canceled so we aren't getting in to MCO until 10 tomorrow.
Normally tickets to sold out parties are not available so not likely. Due to the uncertainties right now I don’t know if it will be different or not? All you can do is ask at Guest Services but historically people have had very little success.

Last edited:
It appears my tickets were automatically refunded, because they were missing last night from MDE. Not sure what else can be done at this point.

Update, we were able to repurchase tickets this am inside MK GR for tonight’s party. They will sell until the system doesn’t allow them to anymore.

Regarding day-of ticket purchases per MK GR: if tickets are available in system, they will sell extra tickets at the gate starting at around noon. They don’t always have them, but sometimes will have “up to 80” (her words, which sounded like a high figure) .

If you already have tickets, they will usually accommodate a few extra guests. Not to exceed 50% of your party. So if I have 4 tickets, I can add 2 more at the window. I don’t know what usually means, so you will just need to ask.

For 2022, they did away with members of the military being able to purchase guaranteed tickets to sold-out parties.

HTH

Last edited:
Has anyone been to a sold out party this year? I'm trying to get a picture of crowd levels when deciding if I want to get a ticket to the Christmas party for my trip in December. The last party I attended was in 2019, and it had gotten so crowded it really put me off. I had done MVMCP for two years previously (both sold out), and they were fine. There have been so many changes since 2019, I'm curious to know if you have found the Halloween party crowd levels better, worse, or the same as in previous years. Thanks.

Has anyone been to a sold out party this year? I'm trying to get a picture of crowd levels when deciding if I want to get a ticket to the Christmas party for my trip in December. The last party I attended was in 2019, and it had gotten so crowded it really put me off. I had done MVMCP for two years previously (both sold out), and they were fine. There have been so many changes since 2019, I'm curious to know if you have found the Halloween party crowd levels better, worse, or the same as in previous years. Thanks.
I believe all parties have been sold out, assuming crowds are the same or similar for MVMCP I wouldn’t be worried. I felt the crowds at MNSSHP were lite, however we didn’t do any of the high demand character meets.

The majority of parties have been sold out and lots of reports of experiences in this thread. I’d recommend going back 10-15 pages to read as many of the recent experiences and posts have been Ian related.

Also, a lot of talk is about rain which will not be nearly as big a challenge with MVMCP.

Better. Closer (almost) to the way it used to be years ago. Treat trails were long at the beginning of the night, but moved fast (tip: it’s best to do the trails after the fireworks, which is when you are more likely to get handfuls). HM posted 40 min, but was more like 25 min, and only because POTC and JC were down all day due to Ian. We found a great front row spot for the first parade on Main Street only (gasp) 30 min beforehand. Powerline Max and crew stopped directly in front of us for the first dance party.. and that was an unexpected highlight for me. I didn’t expect to enjoy the dance party as much as I did. I loved it. We had a very fun and enjoyable evening with perfect weather. I only wish we could’ve attended the party twice.

Last edited:
Update, we were able to repurchase tickets this am inside MK GR for tonight’s party. They will sell until the system doesn’t allow them to anymore.

Regarding day-of ticket purchases per MK GR: if tickets are available in system, they will sell extra tickets at the gate starting at around noon. They don’t always have them, but sometimes will have “up to 80” (her words, which sounded like a high figure) .

If you already have tickets, they will usually accommodate a few extra guests. Not to exceed 50% of your party. So if I have 4 tickets, I can add 2 more at the window. I don’t know what usually means, so you will just need to ask.

For 2022, they did away with members of the military being able to purchase guaranteed tickets to sold-out parties.

HTH

Thanks for your update.

I could very well be wrong, but I’d imagine tickets were only available for this party because of multiple cancellations due to Ian. There have been multiple reports in this thread of people who tried to buy just 1 extra ticket without success.

By all means people should try at GR if they need an extra ticket, but I would not go in expecting to be successful. The parties are sold out.

i‘ll add that I think there very well may be tickets available for tonight’s party and maybe even Tuesdays as well due to cancellations because of Ian. So if you are there now, give it a shot and report back!

Thanks for your update.

I could very well be wrong, but I’d imagine tickets were only available for this party because of multiple cancellations due to Ian. There have been multiple reports in this thread of people who tried to buy just 1 extra ticket without success.

By all means people should try at GR if they need an extra ticket, but I would not go in expecting to be successful. The parties are sold out.

i‘ll add that I think there very well may be tickets available for tonight’s party and maybe even Tuesdays as well due to cancellations because of Ian. So if you are there now, give it a shot and report back!
I was thinking the same thing. Lots of people cancelled for the hurricane, do availability opened up for this short window. I doubt it'll be there any later than this week...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter