"Official" 2022 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Boo this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it's worth, after seeing one of the previous posts about refunds being offered for tonight's party, this evening I used the chat function via the Disney app to ask for a refund as we rescheduled our vacation plans because of the storm. (We'll be heading to Orlando in a few weeks.) The response indicated that the party is taking place and therefore refunds are not being offered for tonight's party. I wish I had taken a screenshot before I closed the chat, but I did not.

Last edited:
For what it's worth, after seeing one of the previous posts about refunds being offered for tonight's party, this evening I used the chat function via the Disney app to ask for a refund as we rescheduled our vacation plans because of the storm. (We'll be heading to Orlando in a few weeks.) The response indicated that the party is taking place and therefore refunds are not being offered for tonight's party. I wish I had taken a screenshot before I closed the chat, but I did not.
That’s what I thought Disney would do. I told DH they would hold the party even though many people would have canceled trips due to hurricane, as there were people already at WDW who could attend. For those able to go, did party events - parades and shows - occur and were outdoor rides open?

I would call and ask to speak to a supervisor (nicely), and explain the situation. In the very least they should offer you a credit to use for your trip in 2 weeks.

I would call and ask to speak to a supervisor (nicely), and explain the situation. In the very least they should offer you a credit to use for your trip in 2 weeks.
I spoke to two different cast members on Monday, and as others have mentioned, they are holding firm on the other MNSSHPs being sold out. We plan to stop by the ticket booth and guest services when we are at WDW in a few weeks to see if we get a different answer, but we know we can apply the tix to a 2023 party if all else fails.

That’s what I thought Disney would do. I told DH they would hold the party even though many people would have canceled trips due to hurricane, as there were people already at WDW who could attend. For those able to go, did party events - parades and shows - occur and were outdoor rides open?
Agreed. We figured they would hold last night's party come he#$ or high water, literally and figuratively, to avoid having to issue blanket refunds.

From the livestream I had on last night, it looked like it was pretty much rained out. Seems people who were at the party could even ask for refunds based on people reporting doing that successfully for past rainy parties.

They are so greedy.

Out of curiosity I wonder if Universal refunded tickets for their Halloween event (if they had one for same night)

They are so greedy.

Out of curiosity I wonder if Universal refunded tickets for their Halloween event (if they had one for same night)
None scheduled that night

They are amazing as to working with guests’ extenuating issues when it comes to ticketing issues I expect requested refunds will be issued as to individual tonight’s HHN tix & tours (not the FF or RoF tho).

Their response:

A Message from Universal Orlando Resort​

Universal Orlando Resort has made the following operational decisions due to Hurricane Ian:

Our theme parks, CityWalk and Halloween Horror Nights will be closed Wednesday, September 28 and Thursday, September 29. We anticipate normal operating hours on Friday, September 30, conditions permitting. We look forward to welcoming our Passholders again as soon as it is safe to do so.

If you were planning to experience Halloween Horror Nights or our theme parks Wednesday, Sept. 28 or Thursday, Sept. 29 and have purchased dated tickets, an Express pass or other premium products, we are happy to assist you in updating your plans. Please contact a member of our Guest Contact Center team by calling 800-711-0080 or emailing reservations@universalorlando.com. Our hours of operation are daily from 7:30 am – 10 pm EDT. We appreciate your patience as call volume may be higher than normal.

For our Premier Passholders, if you haven’t already used your one (1) free night benefit to experience HHN, we will be adding additional nights for you to choose from due to the impact of Hurricane Ian. We will keep you posted as those dates become available.

I mean, yeah. Bob Chapek and Josh D'Amaro don't like issuing refunds, hurricanes be darned.

I mean, yeah. Bob Chapek and Josh D'Amaro don't like issuing refunds, hurricanes be darned.
I actually originally had a line in my comments that Chapek didn't want to give up the money, but I removed it. I shouldn't have though, because it's the reason they held a party during an active hurricane warning. :rolleyes:

From the livestream I had on last night, it looked like it was pretty much rained out. Seems people who were at the party could even ask for refunds based on people reporting doing that successfully for past rainy parties.
That's what I thought based on area weather reports. It's nice that they can get refunds, but I guess that's not possible if you chose not to go to WDW before a hurricane. We will just have to find something else to apply our ticket credits to. I guess the same thing goes for our park tickets that have not been used. I don't understand why they won't issue refunds for days they closed the parks. Oh well...

I'm glad they offered the party for those who were there last night and wanted to attend. Not everyone has the freedom/opportunity to go to Disney often so delaying, changing for a future party, etc are not an option for all.

Personally, if we'd been there and had tickets we would have gone in a heartbeat and attended what was available to us. Would the weather have been ideal? No. Would the lower crowds have made a lot of experiences great? Yes!!

That's what I thought based on area weather reports. It's nice that they can get refunds, but I guess that's not possible if you chose not to go to WDW before a hurricane. We will just have to find something else to apply our ticket credits to. I guess the same thing goes for our park tickets that have not been used. I don't understand why they won't issue refunds for days they closed the parks. Oh well...
We aren't going to be able to make the Sunday party because the majority of our group was coming from out of state and had to cancel their trip - safely first. I get that refunds are unlikely, especially for Sunday, but I would like to at least be able to get the credit for the tickets. I've been on a call back list since yesterday - do you know if I have to actually speak to someone to get credit for future tickets, or is it automatic if we don't use the ones we have?

We aren't going to be able to make the Sunday party because the majority of our group was coming from out of state and had to cancel their trip - safely first. I get that refunds are unlikely, especially for Sunday, but I would like to at least be able to get the credit for the tickets. I've been on a call back list since yesterday - do you know if I have to actually speak to someone to get credit for future tickets, or is it automatic if we don't use the ones we have?
I was told by CM when I called that the credits remain on your account. You can’t see them, but CMs can. I kept my emails showing purchases just to have a record of what we paid. Also, I just saw one-day complimentary tickets in MDE, which were either provided by Disney for our unused park tickets or the party. Apparently, they gave those to party attendees last night due to bad weather.

At this time since Sunday's party is not cancelled (and probably won't be) I think you're better off contacting Disney to see what can be done for guests who had to cancel due to the storm. I wouldn't rely on them not attending being enough for a credit to be issued.

I think you're best to hope for a callback and discuss the matter with them.

I read in another thread that Disney is extending park ticket expiration dates so they won't expire until a year from now. The person linked to a statement on Disney's website so it is official and not just a rumor. People who are there and have used one or two days of their tickets had been asking. Not sure that any of this addresses your questions about tickets that have gone unused though and getting refunds for those.

ETA - Wording from their site: "Partially used multi-day theme park tickets with a validity window impacted by closure due to Hurricane Ian will be automatically extended to allow use of the remaining unused ticket days through Sept. 30, 2023. In order to enter a park, both a park reservation and valid ticket for the same park on the same date are required."

Last edited:
At this time since Sunday's party is not cancelled (and probably won't be) I think you're better off contacting Disney to see what can be done for guests who had to cancel due to the storm. I wouldn't rely on them not attending being enough for a credit to be issued.

I think you're best to hope for a callback and discuss the matter with them.
I did call Disney on Thursday when we cancelled, so even before they announced park closures, and I was told that if we did not make it to the party (for whatever reason), the cost would remain on our account as a credit that could be used toward future ticket purchases, as Disney knows that your tickets were not utilized. The person told me that guests cannot see this in their MDE accounts, but CMs can see the info. You would have to call Disney to apply the credits to future purchases. I don't know if they are restricted to use for future parties or can be used for any ticketed event/park entry ticket, but that is what I was told. The only thing I can do is rely upon what the CM told me. I agree that everyone should make their own calls, but I won't know if this ends up being accurate until next year when I buy tickets again.

We have tickets to the party this Friday and planned to arrive friday since we're localish (2.5 hours). However, we'll be getting the worst of the storm on Friday morning and early Friday afternoon and driving down through those conditions is not feasible not to mention we'll probably lose power. Is calling the Disney tickets dept my best option? I don't want my money back but I would like a credit that I'd then use for the Christmas party. The thought of being on hold for hours is not appealing though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter