• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2022 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Boo this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
10/6 (Thursday) is the newest addition to the sold out dates.

But we have 10 days to go before our trip! The only must do’s for our trip are really the parade and fireworks. We’re content with seeing the midnight Hocus Pocus show and even okay with not seeing it since we’re not the biggest Hovus Pocus fans (I think my brother is the only one who likes the movie) and we’re not really planning on seeing characters besides maybe Belle and Gaston. Everything else for us is going to be extra. We’re planning on doing the trick or treating as we pass it and ride some rides.

10/6 (Thursday) is the newest addition to the sold out dates.

But we have 10 days to go before our trip! The only must do’s for our trip are really the parade and fireworks. We’re content with seeing the midnight Hocus Pocus show and even okay with not seeing it since we’re not the biggest Hovus Pocus fans (I think my brother is the only one who likes the movie) and we’re not really planning on seeing characters besides maybe Belle and Gaston. Everything else for us is going to be extra. We’re planning on doing the trick or treating as we pass it and ride some rides.

Don't skip the stage show! You'd only be walking out at midnight anyway, and it's really cute. We're not huge Hocus Pocus fans, either, but there's a ton of Disney villains and the energy is really fun. Highly recommend.

Don't skip the stage show! You'd only be walking out at midnight anyway, and it's really cute. We're not huge Hocus Pocus fans, either, but there's a ton of Disney villains and the energy is really fun. Highly recommend.
Thanks!

We've only done MNSSHP once in 8/2019 and we did leave during it since it was crowded and we were super tired. But if there's Disney villains, that is an incentive for us to stick around :)

I saw the sandwich board sign out in Tomorrow Land for wrist band distribution around 3:30 but no one was working it until 4pm.

I’m confused on the meet and greets. I’ve read a couple posts where people say your entire group has to be in line and no saving spots and then I’ve read people say they have tag teamed while the other parent takes the kids somewhere. Just wondering if there is a hard and fast rule. I’m assuming we would have to leave the line at some point to get our wristbands if we are waiting for Jack and Sally. Thanks!

I’m confused on the meet and greets. I’ve read a couple posts where people say your entire group has to be in line and no saving spots and then I’ve read people say they have tag teamed while the other parent takes the kids somewhere. Just wondering if there is a hard and fast rule. I’m assuming we would have to leave the line at some point to get our wristbands if we are waiting for Jack and Sally. Thanks!

It's probably at the discretion of the cast members managing the line. I actually don't see as much of a problem with saving spots for meet and greets because it isn't like you are taking up multiple seats on a ride. If your entire party is meeting together, it takes the same amount of time as just one person waiting.

Is there only one spot to get the trick or treat bags?

When my family enters the park on party nights, we don't go behind main street to get our bag and first ToT stop. We like to walk down main street. And we don't do our ToTing until later on in the night when those lines are very short. So we usually don't get our bags until we start ToTing. They have had the bags at the candy spots, at least they have previously. I don't know if this year has changed.

It's probably at the discretion of the cast members managing the line. I actually don't see as much of a problem with saving spots for meet and greets because it isn't like you are taking up multiple seats on a ride. If your entire party is meeting together, it takes the same amount of time as just one person waiting.

However, a party of 1 or 2 will 'go faster' than a party of 4-6. one person saving spots for 5 others will not make people behind them happy.

However, a party of 1 or 2 will 'go faster' than a party of 4-6. one person saving spots for 5 others will not make people behind them happy.
In general, saving spots is frowned upon. Also, depending on the style of the queue, people are not impressed when groups of people try to squeeze by them in line to get to the person holding the spot.

Best practices, all members of a group should line up together for character greetings and attractions.

In general, saving spots is frowned upon. Also, depending on the style of the queue, people are not impressed when groups of people try to squeeze by them in line to get to the person holding the spot.

Best practices, all members of a group should line up together for character greetings and attractions.
IMHO my personal thought RE line holding is that if it's an outdoor queue where it's easily accessible to come and go (aka not a bunch of switch backs) I'd say that if you had to tag team a line have the whole party line up to start than make sure it's okay with the party behind you to split up before you do it... if it's an indoor queue or a queue that isn't easy to move in/out have the whole party wait

Has anyone observed a sold-out date come back online?

My date sold out a few hours after I bought my ticket, but my brother just decided he would also like to attend if tickets ever are on sale again.
You may be able to get some Pixie Dust Magic by going up to the window day of and getting a ticket, especially since it's just a 1 person addon to a current party.

IMHO my personal thought RE line holding is that if it's an outdoor queue where it's easily accessible to come and go (aka not a bunch of switch backs) I'd say that if you had to tag team a line have the whole party line up to start than make sure it's okay with the party behind you to split up before you do it... if it's an indoor queue or a queue that isn't easy to move in/out have the whole party wait
Exactly why my answer included, 'depending on the style of the queue.' But in all honesty, some will still frown upon saving spots in line regardless of the style of queue.

Last edited:
It’s possible to do it all…I have a 2 year old and we…

- took photo pass photos
- met characters
- did trick or treating
- saw BOTH parades
- saw the fireworks
- saw the last Sanderson show
- went on a few rides!

However we do the park commando style we took a nap during the day and packed snacks to not waste time with sitting down to eat it was move move move!

Also this is my sons first “real” Halloween experience as he was a Covid baby so the cast members were so magical and patient with them I stayed even longer to compliment a few at guests services they are the magic!

So it’s possible to do it all I recommend getting all your character experiences done quick we met Mickey RIGHT AFTER the first parade before the fireworks he was literally a no line meet!

Also WAIT TILL LATER for candy there are no lines later on and the candy is plentiful I asked them to help fill the baby’s bucket and they were so awesome
I’m impressed you made it so late! We go 9/18 and I’m worried our 2 yo won’t make it to the first parade 😆 He really wants to see the fireworks though so I’m hoping he makes it. Where did you watch the first parade from? I was planning on Frontierland but we would like to see Mickey like you did so maybe we should do Main Street

I remember 8 ppl joining the M&G line once their line-holder got close, then different parts of this party wanted separate pics and interactions and soon after they were finished the line was paused for a character break. We’ve had multiple parties end up doing similar in front of us on the same line. People do it. People behind them don’t appreciate it. I understand some CMs not wanting to deal with it. They’d rather focus on making the magic than being principle. Maybe at some point the people using this method have it happen to them enough times to realize it’s not something they’d like normalized.

I’m impressed you made it so late! We go 9/18 and I’m worried our 2 yo won’t make it to the first parade 😆 He really wants to see the fireworks though so I’m hoping he makes it. Where did you watch the first parade from? I was planning on Frontierland but we would like to see Mickey like you did so maybe we should do Main Street

Watch it on Main Street by the train station so you see the power-line performance you can run to Mickey right after the first parade with NO LINE and then make a b line for the fireworks! If you want to do it all you can but you gotta put it into high gear lol!

We got the graveyard shake and special drink both nothing special to be honest

Can any dessert party goers report on what exact wines and/or sparkling wines are being served this year? Thanks SO much in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter