• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2022 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Boo this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
9/27 (Tuesday) is now sold out leaving 9/29 (Thursday) as the only remaining September party. Also, 10/11 (Tuesday) is sold out as well.

I’m surprised the 29th was the last to go for September.

We were there on Friday night for the party. There was definitely fog and lighting effects. I can't remember what the sound effects were. With the rain and the humidity, the fog was thick. They also seemed to be pumping in a smell - I don't remember what it was, but it was sweet and overwhelming as we exited the Haunted Mansion outside. I wonder if it was so strong because it wasn't dissipating due to the humidity and lack of wind.

I’m guessing the answer is no, but is Madame Carlotta or Renatta outside the HM during the party this year?

10/18 (Tuesday) has now joined the sold out dates. Maybe this year more people are inclined to buy on a Tuesday?

10/10 (Monday) has also now sold out. I guess now that we’re at the end of August, people might be looking towards their trips in October and are starting to plan.

My second party is the only September date that isn't sold out. I'm sure 9/29 will sell out soon though.

Well every date I was planning on going has now sold out. Guess people really missed the regular party. Guess ill try Halloween Horror Nights

I attended the 8/26 MNSSHP with the Mickey's Not So Spooky Spectacular Dessert Party with Plaza Garden Viewing. It was our arrival day and we had a 4pm check in to our resort (Grand Floridian Villas), so we didn't make it over to the Magic Kingdom until about 6pm. Just in time for a terrific thunderstorm. Crowd at the tapstiles to enter the park seemed large, but moved quickly. Got our wristbands and headed to the Emporium to wait out the rain.

Rain let up at about 7 and we headed out to Fantasyland to ride rides. All were walk on, with the exception of 7DMT. Trick or Treated around Fantasyland, then headed over to Liberty Square, Frontierland, Adventureland and continued riding and trick or treating. Rides were walk-on with the exception of Haunted Mansion. It seemed less crowded than the 2019 parties I attended, and about equal to the Boo Bash After Hours I attended in 2021.

We headed to the Dessert Party at check-in time. I appreciated having a sit down break. Ate some desserts and had some drinks, then ran over to Main Street for the first parade, shortly before it started. Easily got "front row" spots at the curb. Immediately after the parade, we quickly headed over to the Plaza Garden dessert party viewing area for the fireworks. The viewing area was not crowded at all and I love the viewing location. I enjoyed the fireworks show this year. The first time I saw the Halloween fireworks show in 2019 I found it a bit much, but this year I liked it.
After fireworks we continued riding rides and trick or treating in Tomorrowland. Opted to skip the second parade in favor of doing more rides and more trick or treating (had little kids with us).

Summary: Rode everything but 7DMT and Haunted Mansion. Many rides we rode more than once. Hit every trick or treat line. Did quite a few of the photopass photos. Saw the parade and fireworks. Did the Dessert Party. Did not watch the 2nd parade or the Hocus Pocus show. Cadaver Dans did not perform, not sure why. Headless Horseman did not ride (wet pavement).
Bottom line - had a great time.

Wow, multiple parties are selling out today. 10/4 (Tuesday) and 10/13 (Thursday) are now added to the sold out list. In an interesting move, 10/25 is the only remaining Tuesday party. Meanwhile, none of the Friday parties in October sold out yet and 10/13 is the first Thursday party to sell out. There are now only 11 parties left that haven’t sold out yet.

Wow, multiple parties are selling out today. 10/4 (Tuesday) and 10/13 (Thursday) are now added to the sold out list. In an interesting move, 10/25 is the only remaining Tuesday party. Meanwhile, none of the Friday parties in October sold out yet and 10/13 is the first Thursday party to sell out. There are now only 11 parties left that haven’t sold out yet.
Is this a record of parties selling out before their dates?! And this early?

Is this a record of parties selling out before their dates?! And this early?
I think it is! In the past I waited until closer to dates to see what the weather would be like. I would not wait to purchase tickets this year! There is so much pent up demand since the parties have not happened since 2019! We did an after hours event, but missed the big extras like the parade, fireworks and show.

I JUST decided to book a trip and purchased the 10/4 (Tuesday) date earlier this afternoon. I'm so thankful I did, because otherwise I would have narrowly missed out!

I have an ADR for Liberty Tree Tavern at 6:15 on a party night. Will I have to have a party ticket to use this reservation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter