• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2022 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Boo this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:guilty: Thanks for the info, although I do hope that info turns out to be incorrect though :laughing:. I wonder if there was a supply issue, seems strange to miss an chance to make some extra $$$ otherwise.
I hope it's incorrect too! We were bummed. That is just what someone who works in merch in the emporium told us as we were looking at the party merchandise.

Does anyone know if they are offering the memory maker for the party? If I remember right, they previously had a specially priced one that you could purchase after you got a photo taken?

they were the main reason for me to go this year 😭 😭 😭
Fingers crossed for Christmas party! Or, try to snag a reservation to dining at Storybook Point with Snow White... there you get great interaction with Dopey (our fav), Snow White, Grumpy and the Evil Queen. If it is already booked, one of those dining search reservation sites almost always works for us to get the reservation we want when someone else cancels.

What time do they cut off the line for Halloween Mickey? I was thinking about trying for a picture after the 2nd parade ~11:30. Is that cutting it too close?

Can someone talk me down a little bit? I am starting to feel quite worried.

We attended MNSSHP back in 2016, and we went on Halloween night. Unsurprisingly it was packed, a sell out, I'm sure. It was miserable. Seriously, I almost broke down in tears in Liberty Square, because I just felt so claustrophobic.

That night, we decided we would only ever do MNSSHP earlier in the season, when the parties are less crowded. Halloween was a "never again."

Fast forward to this year. As everyone knows, parties have been selling out like gangbusters. And, as it turns out, our Sept 16 party is one of them. Now, I don't know if sellout capacity is lower than it was back in 2016, and unfortunately no one knows the answer to that. It would be nice if Disney would be a little bit more transparent about capacity. But...here we are. It is what it is.

So, now I am facing a party that might have the same capacity of Halloween 6 years ago, but it's a September party.

Has anyone been to any of the sold out parties that could speak to capacity, at least relative to some of the later season parties they have experienced in the past? I try to look on social media, but some pictures look relatively tame...others look quite crowded. So...social media pictures I try to take with a grain of salt.

Can someone talk me down a little bit? I am starting to feel quite worried.

We attended MNSSHP back in 2016, and we went on Halloween night. Unsurprisingly it was packed, a sell out, I'm sure. It was miserable. Seriously, I almost broke down in tears in Liberty Square, because I just felt so claustrophobic.

That night, we decided we would only ever do MNSSHP earlier in the season, when the parties are less crowded. Halloween was a "never again."

Fast forward to this year. As everyone knows, parties have been selling out like gangbusters. And, as it turns out, our Sept 16 party is one of them. Now, I don't know if sellout capacity is lower than it was back in 2016, and unfortunately no one knows the answer to that. It would be nice if Disney would be a little bit more transparent about capacity. But...here we are. It is what it is.

So, now I am facing a party that might have the same capacity of Halloween 6 years ago, but it's a September party.

Has anyone been to any of the sold out parties that could speak to capacity, at least relative to some of the later season parties they have experienced in the past? I try to look on social media, but some pictures look relatively tame...others look quite crowded. So...social media pictures I try to take with a grain of salt.
Hard to say because I only started going to parties in 2018. However I find in general the crowded area aka in front of the castle has changed. When they reworked that area and added more pathways there is now room to see stuff yet not be in thick crowds.

I also enjoyed watching the parade from starting point vs main st.

Main st will be crowded but there are plenty of non crowded places. Choose to do the shows and parade later will also help.

Since our 1st party dd and I have been hooked! Funnest thing at wdw for us.

Last edited:
Fingers crossed for Christmas party! Or, try to snag a reservation to dining at Storybook Point with Snow White... there you get great interaction with Dopey (our fav), Snow White, Grumpy and the Evil Queen. If it is already booked, one of those dining search reservation sites almost always works for us to get the reservation we want when someone else cancels.
Too bad for me, I'm from Puerto Rico and I can't get away at Christmas to attend those parties

So hard to choose between the late parade and early one. Treat and ride lines are typically shorter later in the night so do you brave a busier parade...hmmm...what to do. What are you doing???

Oh another question...with a park ticket can you ride rides between 6 and 7?

Last edited:
Well, I had to cancel my trip so I am holding a MNSSHP ticket for Sept 16. I am really bummed. Can I use this in the future for a party such as a future date for MNSSHP or MVMCP?

Well, I had to cancel my trip so I am holding a MNSSHP ticket for Sept 16. I am really bummed. Can I use this in the future for a party such as a future date for MNSSHP or MVMCP?

Yes. You just pay the difference if the future date is more. You will not get a refund if it is less. We had to change our date this year too.

Could someone tell me if Disney's Not-So-Spooky Spectacular Dessert Party with views from Plaza Garden is a good place to see:magnify: the show of
hocus pocus and the parade:jumping1:

So hard to choose between the late parade and early one. Treat and ride lines are typically shorter later in the night so do you brave a busier parade...hmmm...what to do. What are you doing???

We always ride rides, eat snacks and trick or treat up until the fireworks. Then we watch the fireworks, 2nd parade and the last showing of Hocus Pocus. Seems to work well for us.

For your last question, the official answer is no, since the park closes as 6pm. The CM's will be at the entrance of the ride queue's not allowing any one in, without a party band. Also, the CM's are strategically staged throughout the park to usher non-party attenders to the exit.

Not sure what order we are doing party activities yet. Regular day guests will not be able to enter ride lines after 6 pm but if you have a MNSSHP ticket you can enter park as early as 4 pm and ride from that point on ...

Well, we bit the bullet and decided on a party in October. I bought the tix this morning. We've been to several MNSSHP parties in the past and I'm very excited they're going back to MNSSHP as it used to be.

Has anyone been to any of the sold out parties that could speak to capacity, at least relative to some of the later season parties they have experienced in the past?
I've been to MNSSHP in August, September and October in past years, and crowds do tend to get bigger the closer you get to Halloween. We've also been to at least one sold out party (in 2019, the last parties before covid) and yes, it's busier, but I think there are other factors at play with regard to park crowd levels lately.

We've been to WDW a few times since covid, including a recent trip in May, and crowds this year are WAY up in general. More people are traveling now after putting off trips and IMO it doesn't seem like WDW is staffing like they used to, which leads to lower ride capacity, longer wait times and longer lines. Our best trip by far was last year, 2021, when the crowds were mild and there was no FP+ or Genie+ (side note: I HATE Genie+!)

Our sold out party in 2019 was very crowded but I feel that it was because that was the year they had the Party Pass, which messed everything up! The party pass was a one price-go as many times as you like (with a few exception days, like Halloween) and it was very difficult to predict which parties would be overcrowded. People who had one day MNSSHP tix were definitely affected by the party pass people, who could just show up when they wanted to as many parties as they wanted, and there was no way to know ahead of time how crowded it would be. We did two MNSSHP that Fall, the first in Sept. that was not crowded, but also not sold out. I am hopeful that since there's no party pass that it will be a little more "normal", even if it's sold out. It's just so hard to predict because it feels like so much is different at WDW post-covid.

Honestly, I found that even if parties get crowded you just have to go with the flow. Zig when others zag, be flexible, and maybe for the shows stick toward the back of the Hub, rather than right in the thick of it.

I will say that we came back from our May trip with covid and I believe we got it in the crowds at MK watching the fireworks. We were right down in the thick of it and there was barely any room to move. I think for MNSSHP fireworks we will hang back a bit, behind the partners statue this time.

Yes. You just pay the difference if the future date is more. You will not get a refund if it is less. We had to change our date this year too.
Thank you! Also, my sister has a ticket that I paid for, but she doesn't think she'll ever use it. Do you know if I can I transfer her ticket to someone in my family?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter