Official 2021 Disney Very Merriest After Hours Thread

After the fiasco Friday with the AP Remy preview reservations... ..... I think they need at least a few more days to finish up with all the guest issues.
Then they will be ready for another Disney Internet and IT disaster!
I will just keep watching my emails.

What was the fiasco?

What was the fiasco?
There were many of us that when we clicked on the link to reserve an Annual Pass Preview for Remy's and tried to reserve the day and time the system would ask for our AP number. When we put it in.... we would get an error message stating that the number was already assigned to another user!
But when we look at our profiles online or in the app it shows our AP in the system and valid.
This was some kind of system glitch/issue. Some have mentioned it had to do with passes that were "recovery" passes. Those are ones that had been cancelled for Covid and then re-issued. I am not sure if that was the definite reason.... but there were tons of AP holders this was happening to. So we either had to call or go on Chat. But there were people literally waiting ALL day and night to get to chat or speak with someone.

One of the live vloggers at Boo Bash just said Christmas tickets go on sale next Monday. Or that could be when dates are announced. Take it for what its worth.

One of the live vloggers at Boo Bash just said Christmas tickets go on sale next Monday. Or that could be when dates are announced. Take it for what its worth.
Do you know which vlogger? Some are more reliable than others.

Fingers crossed for announcement today, resort/dvc sale on Monday and everyone else the Monday after.

Last edited:
Can someone explain the difference between this and MVMCP? The last time we did MVMCP it was really crowded and not worth the money. I think I also saw some reports that the Boo Bash AH was not impressive yesterday as compared to MNSSHP. My 20-something niece and 3 friends will be there with me in November, but some of them are on a limited budget. So trying to decide if I even mention this as an option for them in case an announcement is made soon. Thank you!

Can someone explain the difference between this and MVMCP? The last time we did MVMCP it was really crowded and not worth the money. I think I also saw some reports that the Boo Bash AH was not impressive yesterday as compared to MNSSHP. My 20-something niece and 3 friends will be there with me in November, but some of them are on a limited budget. So trying to decide if I even mention this as an option for them in case an announcement is made soon. Thank you!

After hours events are completely different than MVMCP or MNSSHP. The main draw is low crowds and low (or close to no) wait time for attractions. They also offer free snacks (popcorn and ice cream) and drinks (pop, water, etc). There will be some holiday theming, "character sightings", fireworks, and themed music and decorations...but it sounds like nothing as extravagant as what we saw for MVMCP.

From the Boo Bash reports I've read so far, those who went into it expecting it to be like MNSSHP were very disappointed, but those who were expecting more of an after hours event (which it is) enjoyed it.

Following…
thank you @monique5 for starting this thread. We will be there December 5-11.
Hoping for a few party dates that week 🤶 🎄

After hours events are completely different than MVMCP or MNSSHP. The main draw is low crowds and low (or close to no) wait time for attractions. They also offer free snacks (popcorn and ice cream) and drinks (pop, water, etc). There will be some holiday theming, "character sightings", fireworks, and themed music and decorations...but it sounds like nothing as extravagant as what we saw for MVMCP.

From the Boo Bash reports I've read so far, those who went into it expecting it to be like MNSSHP were very disappointed, but those who were expecting more of an after hours event (which it is) enjoyed it.
Having done both a MNSSHP and an AH event before, in the streams I saw, this looked like a themed AH event. The lights and decorations and candy, some of the entertainment, with only a couple of themed snacks. With that and the later timing, it seems more geared towards rides - and maybe a slightly older crowd. I kind of wonder if staffing is one reason they went this direction instead of a traditional party, since they no longer seem concerned about crowds. And they’re still selling merch, so bringing in that cash. Since the only thing about the xmas AH I was worried about was crowds, I’m beyond excited - hoping this wasn’t a fluke with a bunch of cancellations due to the covid situation. I always thought AH was the best bang for your buck event for the MK if you’re trying to pack rides in! I’m looking forward to booking one if available for my trip, even if it’s the night I’m there solo!!!

Thanks so much… Just what I wanted to know!

Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade, Fireworks and More Coming to Disney Very Merriest After Hours at Magic Kingdom!

Event dates are:

November: 8, 9, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18, 19, 21, 23, 28, 30

December: 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, 10, 12, 14, 16, 17, 19, 21

Tickets will go on sale Aug. 20 and can be purchased online or by calling 407-939-7947. Guests of select Disney Resort hotels, Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels, as well as Shades of Green at Walt Disney World Resort can book their tickets as early as August 17. Tickets range from $169 to $229 plus tax for select November-December nights and $249, plus tax on December 19 & 21. Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club Members can take advantage of a $10 discount on select event dates in November.
Date and prices!!

Almost double the pricing from what we paid in 2019, that's going to be a tough one to swallow. $200 plus for every date in December

Does that mean they will not have fireworks during the regular park hours on those days?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter