Official 2021 "Disney After Hours Boo Bash" Thread

I walked into the ticket center at Disney Springs around 4:30PM today and purchased 4 Boo Bash tickets for 9/21 no questions asked…

$129.99/ticket

…edited to add they had availability for every night except October 31.

Is there a number you can call for there or do you have to physically go in? Not going to be there until 9/28 and we really want to go to the Boo Bash on 10/5.

Is there a number you can call for there or do you have to physically go in? Not going to be there until 9/28 and we really want to go to the Boo Bash on 10/5.

Apparently you have to go in person when you call they tell you all dates are sold out.

I'm indifferent about last night (9/19).

The time in-between 7 and 9 was insanely crowded. The hub was packed like a normal summer night for fireworks. You could barely get through anywhere. Once they were over we had to elbow our way out of Casey's.

Rides were hit & miss. Walked onto BTMRR 2x, Pirates, Little Mermaid. The first time we walked by HM the line was wrapped to the riverboat so we passed. The 2nd time (around 11pm) it was posted 30 minutes but we chanced it, and it was only about 10 in reality. SDMT was visibly packed all night, even at 11:45.

Hit 3-4 treat trails and got plenty of candy from them, lines moved well. Honestly, we didn't get to do much and I'm not sure why. Maybe just because it's a shorter event? It felt like we mostly just walked around. Like, we had a nice time, but I honestly can't say it was worth the price.

For anyone concerned about COVID stuff....I don't know. I felt like this event wasn't worth how unsafe I felt, which I wasn't expecting at all. It felt just as crowded as a MNSSHP, but with half as many things to disperse crowds. ZERO social distancing, in or outdoors. Very little mask enforcement. We went in October last year and were so impressed with how well they were handling things. This time we got the opposite impression. We aren't the type that have been hiding in our house by any means. We've been going out, attending events, etc. This was honestly the least safe I have felt anywhere in the last year.

Honestly, we didn't get to do much and I'm not sure why. Maybe just because it's a shorter event? It felt like we mostly just walked around. Like, we had a nice time, but I honestly can't say it was worth the price.

This is exactly how I felt. We’ve done several regular AH events & both Halloween & Christmas parties over the years. There were probably twice as many people as regular AH events. And I think the same amount of people as the early parties when they started years ago. Less than the madhouse the parties have become the last few years, but still quite a few people. I was disappointed in how much we got done. But I felt we were maneuvering around other people the whole time. So we couldn’t move ride to ride as quickly as we did for regular AH events. I doubt we’ll pay for this again.

I walked into the ticket center at Disney Springs around 4:30PM today and purchased 4 Boo Bash tickets for 9/21 no questions asked…

$129.99/ticket

…edited to add they had availability for every night except October 31.
So are they letting you buy ahead of time? I live a hour away and wondering if I can go down and get tickets for Oct 3 or 5th ahead of time instead of waiting till day of. thx

So are they letting you buy ahead of time? I live a hour away and wondering if I can go down and get tickets for Oct 3 or 5th ahead of time instead of waiting till day of. thx
We went on 9/16 to the MK ticket window and purchased for 9/17.

Does anyone have info on what time they are letting people in? Is it 7pm on the dot or were they letting people in earlier? Was the entrance very crowded? Trying to plan out when to head over when we go

I was having the conversation last night with the missus, whether
Does anyone have info on what time they are letting people in? Is it 7pm on the dot or were they letting people in earlier? Was the entrance very crowded? Trying to plan out when to head over when we go
We were there on the 7th… got our wristbands at 6:39 exactly, which I know because there was a double rainbow and the CM and us were contemplating it in awe and I took a picture 😂 So we were inside MK at about 6:45

This is exactly how I felt. We’ve done several regular AH events & both Halloween & Christmas parties over the years. There were probably twice as many people as regular AH events. And I think the same amount of people as the early parties when they started years ago. Less than the madhouse the parties have become the last few years, but still quite a few people. I was disappointed in how much we got done. But I felt we were maneuvering around other people the whole time. So we couldn’t move ride to ride as quickly as we did for regular AH events. I doubt we’ll pay for this again.

That's pretty close to how we felt on the 12th but I think there were way more than twice as many as regular AH events, maybe three or four times as many. I've never done one of the parties but we have done several AH events. We left kind of early (11:30ish I think) but none of the rides were true walk ons... a few were 'sluggish walkons' where there was definitely a line but it mostly kept moving. That just wasn't the case at all with the AH events I went to. The only actual lines I can remember at those were for SDMT. So definitely did not feel worth the money for us. Would not do again.

That's pretty close to how we felt on the 12th but I think there were way more than twice as many as regular AH events, maybe three or four times as many. I've never done one of the parties but we have done several AH events. We left kind of early (11:30ish I think) but none of the rides were true walk ons... a few were 'sluggish walkons' where there was definitely a line but it mostly kept moving. That just wasn't the case at all with the AH events I went to. The only actual lines I can remember at those were for SDMT. So definitely did not feel worth the money for us. Would not do again.

Hmm, we were there the 12th & left around 11:30 too. I actually bought those just a few weeks prior, when it was the only day showing. We already had tickets for the 14th. So I figured the 12th wouldn’t be as bad because it was available for so long. I had planned to mostly do rides, maybe see the cavalcades the 2nd night. But after the 12th, we didn’t even try for many rides on the 14th. We did buzz, peoplemover then watched the fireworks near the TL bridge. Then to pirates & jungle cruise, couple of candy stops, got water & soda, & found a place for the cavalcades near the firehouse. We left about 11 that night. I got a survey after the 14th, but questions weren’t about value & no place to comment of course. There was 1 questions about crowds which I chose too crowded.

Hmm, we were there the 12th & left around 11:30 too. I actually bought those just a few weeks prior, when it was the only day showing. We already had tickets for the 14th. So I figured the 12th wouldn’t be as bad because it was available for so long. I had planned to mostly do rides, maybe see the cavalcades the 2nd night. But after the 12th, we didn’t even try for many rides on the 14th. We did buzz, peoplemover then watched the fireworks near the TL bridge. Then to pirates & jungle cruise, couple of candy stops, got water & soda, & found a place for the cavalcades near the firehouse. We left about 11 that night. I got a survey after the 14th, but questions weren’t about value & no place to comment of course. There was 1 questions about crowds which I chose too crowded.

Were the bus lines long when you left at 11:30?

Were the bus lines long when you left at 11:30?

No, there were seemed to be buses waiting at many resorts stops. There was actually a regular luxury bus, not a Disney bus, waiting at the Y & B spot, so we were able to board right away. The driver waited a few more minutes, we probably pulled out about 11:40-45. Sounds good, except that thing stunk to high heaven. Wasn’t the cleanest or newest bus, but would have been fine. Except the smell was almost nauseating.

We were there the 14th also, left around 11. A Y & B bus pulled up within minutes. But it was almost full when we left, there were one or 2 seats but a few people were standing instead. That bus had more people than the one at 11:30 did.

No, there were seemed to be buses waiting at many resorts stops. There was actually a regular luxury bus, not a Disney bus, waiting at the Y & B spot, so we were able to board right away. The driver waited a few more minutes, we probably pulled out about 11:40-45. Sounds good, except that thing stunk to high heaven. Wasn’t the cleanest or newest bus, but would have been fine. Except the smell was almost nauseating.

We were there the 14th also, left around 11. A Y & B bus pulled up within minutes. But it was almost full when we left, there were one or 2 seats but a few people were standing instead. That bus had more people than the one at 11:30 did.

Thank you we are planning on attending Boo Bash on Friday 9/24 and will have an ECV so thinking it might be good idea for us to be at bus stop by 11:30.

I don't think there is one on the 3rd. They are skipping that week for 50th stuff. There is one on Sept. 24 and then the next one isn't until Oct. 5th.

It’s interesting how people’s view on Boo Bash can be mostly colored by previous experience. For me and my family, who suffered through the somewhat fun, but apocalyptically crowded last MNSSHP season of them all, in 2019, the year of the party pass, it was definitely worth it. For people who have attended other AH events (or both), it might not. I know that typical After Hours make you feel like the only elegible human at the ball, but given that my only prior experience was with the elbow-to-ear parties of 2019, Boo Bash felt like a joyful stroll through an enchanted forest: others were there and you could see them, but it still felt like the magic was just for you.
So we would definitely go again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter