Official 2021 "Disney After Hours Boo Bash" Thread

I'm going to Boo Bash next month. Is it the same candy at each trick-or-treat location, or do some give out different candy? I'm trying to determine if my best strategy for the night includes going to ALL the trails or just going back multiple times to one location throughout the night

I didn’t think those were long waits for a regular day. My point was, FP was not obviously available pre party.
I believe the point was that FastPass was avaialble for the event participants pre-party (i.e, after 9pm, before the party started). Not that you would have FastPass at 7:00pm, i.e., long before the park closed. So again - no surprises there.

Last edited:
Thank you to all who kindly replied to my question about a refund of Boo Bash tickets versus a credit for later. Yes, I knew that they were non-refundable when we purchased them. Unfortunately, the world situation, and specifically the situation in Florida, has changed quite dramatically since I purchased the tickets (look at Florida's graphic of COVID cases, and the month of July is a rapidly rising upward line that is night-and-day different from June, in this case).

Disney absolutely does not have an obligation to give a refund, even if the situation changed after I purchased the tickets, but I was asking if anyone had success getting a refund. I appreciate the responses that some have had success. Disney (and other companies, including the one that I own as a small business owner) often give refunds or make accommodations for customers that exceed what we "have to do" based on the terms of the ticket, office policy, etc. It is sometimes better in the long run to make an exception that benefits the customer than to take the hard-line in the short term. I think Disney does this at times, and I am hoping they might do it when I call about our Boo Bash tickets. If not, we will have to accept a credit and hope to use it later. I would be ok with that too, but I would prefer a refund if possible.

Thank you to all who kindly replied to my question about a refund of Boo Bash tickets versus a credit for later. Yes, I knew that they were non-refundable when we purchased them. Unfortunately, the world situation, and specifically the situation in Florida, has changed quite dramatically since I purchased the tickets (look at Florida's graphic of COVID cases, and the month of July is a rapidly rising upward line that is night-and-day different from June, in this case).

Disney absolutely does not have an obligation to give a refund, even if the situation changed after I purchased the tickets, but I was asking if anyone had success getting a refund. I appreciate the responses that some have had success. Disney (and other companies, including the one that I own as a small business owner) often give refunds or make accommodations for customers that exceed what we "have to do" based on the terms of the ticket, office policy, etc. It is sometimes better in the long run to make an exception that benefits the customer than to take the hard-line in the short term. I think Disney does this at times, and I am hoping they might do it when I call about our Boo Bash tickets. If not, we will have to accept a credit and hope to use it later. I would be ok with that too, but I would prefer a refund if possible.
For the record, we got 4 tickets refunded. We cancelled our trip for mid September due to the rise in cases in Florida... we are in Canada, and our numbers are great... couldn't justify going to a covid hot spot.
We called just to see if there was anything that could be done, credit, refund... sell them on the black market.
The cast member, without being asked, just offered a refund. We were so grateful. That money will go back to Disney in the future as we are DVC owners and go twice a year pre covid.
SO... just for those wondering, they are issuing refunds. But, I'm not sure if it's across the board, or just for special circumstances.

I apologize if the following questions have previously been addressed and I realize this is a new event so some things are probably uncertain. First, have they announced if there will be any alcoholic beverages at the Boo Bash? I know the options are sparse during the day at the Magic Kingdom but as this event may be a little more adult friendly I didn't know if there would be greater options. Second, is the Memory Maker option in play for the After Hours events such as this? Thanks in advance.

I don't think there are any adult beverages as the restaurants that serve them (Tony's, Be Our Guest, Skipper Canteen) are all closed during the party.

I believe if you bought Memory Maker for your trip, it will cover the Boo Bash pictures.

I'm going to Boo Bash next month. Is it the same candy at each trick-or-treat location, or do some give out different candy? I'm trying to determine if my best strategy for the night includes going to ALL the trails or just going back multiple times to one location throughout the night

Same candy; an assortment of M&M / Mars. Snickers, Skittles, Milky Way, plain and peanut M&Ms.

I plan to stop at locations that have no or minimal lines near the end of the night. No need to carry around chocolates in my backpack in the heat or trade ride time for candy. (There’s my priority). I will wait for a $4 bottle of Coke, though; an in - the - moment need.

Thank you Aunt Lynne! That is so helpful. I was going to pick up candy all night and carry it around. Instead, I'm going to follow your advice and do it at the end of the night and only hit up a few locations, perhaps circling around in line, rather than walking all over the park.

I apologize if the following questions have previously been addressed and I realize this is a new event so some things are probably uncertain. First, have they announced if there will be any alcoholic beverages at the Boo Bash? I know the options are sparse during the day at the Magic Kingdom but as this event may be a little more adult friendly I didn't know if there would be greater options. Second, is the Memory Maker option in play for the After Hours events such as this? Thanks in advance.

No.

I guess this used to be Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. I've never considered getting tickets but we want to go to Disney at the end of August or the beginning of September 2022 so it should be an option of either BB or MNSSHP next year. Are all the rides open during those hours or only certain ones? I read that you can come to the park at 7 pm if you have a ticket to the party and that you don't need to have reservations for MK that day. I am trying to decide if we would want to go to a different park that day (like try another day for RoTR at HS) and then just try to ride the rides at MK with lower wait times during the party?

Small World
BTMR
SDMT
Space Mt.
Splash Mt.
Philharmagic!
Buzz
Jungle Cruise
Jamboree
Laugh Floor
HoP
Maybe Haunted Mansion
Maybe POTC

For sure we couldn't do it in 3 hours but if we get there at 7 pm would it be doable? I am also trying to decide if it might be worth it to get park hoppers to do things we can't do on the day of the party on another day.

I guess this used to be Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. I've never considered getting tickets but we want to go to Disney at the end of August or the beginning of September 2022 so it should be an option of either BB or MNSSHP next year. Are all the rides open during those hours or only certain ones? I read that you can come to the park at 7 pm if you have a ticket to the party and that you don't need to have reservations for MK that day. I am trying to decide if we would want to go to a different park that day (like try another day for RoTR at HS) and then just try to ride the rides at MK with lower wait times during the party?

Small World
BTMR
SDMT
Space Mt.
Splash Mt.
Philharmagic!
Buzz
Jungle Cruise
Jamboree
Laugh Floor
HoP
Maybe Haunted Mansion
Maybe POTC

For sure we couldn't do it in 3 hours but if we get there at 7 pm would it be doable? I am also trying to decide if it might be worth it to get park hoppers to do things we can't do on the day of the party on another day.
Your question has been merged with the Offical Boo Bash thread. Please see page 1 of this thread for a response to this question.

I believe the point was that FastPass was avaialble for the event participants pre-party (i.e, after 9pm, before the party started). Not that you would have FastPass at 7:00pm, i.e., long before the park closed. So again - no surprises there.

yikes. I’m getting lost in this thread. Our experience at 9pm at HM was they put us in the FP line and made us wait there. It’s not that we were ahead of reg day guests. More that they were clearing day guests out and then reappearing in spooky makeup

I purchased the memory maker fir my trip starting 8/7 The photos from boo bash 8/10 are included

(however, I’ve been having bad luck with ride photos the entire trip. We have 2019 magicbands. We have magic mobile with Bluetooth on 4 phones and we are only capturing about 25% of ride photos. I be been to guest services and photopass desk in Epcot. No one could fix it. I’ve been writing down our ride times and hoping I can get them after the trip but it is really annoying)

I’d love to know if they are selling tickets at the gate again and if so (if you’re there earlier in the day) how early they start selling them. Hoping to score tickets for a last minute trip!

ETA - I hope you have a great time!

Also wondering this too. We decided to do it and realized both dates we could attend are sold out :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter