Official 2021 "Disney After Hours Boo Bash" Thread

I bit the bullet and after reading many reports, decided on buying tickets for the party on my birthday for our upcoming trip in September.
We did MMNSSHP in 2019, and while it was ok, made us realize that what we really wanted were short lines for attractions, not so much anything else. They could theme it to Disney’s Spaghetti and Meatballs After Hours for all I care, although the candy and treats are more than welcome, not gonna lie. Wish us luck!

I bit the bullet and after reading many reports, decided on buying tickets for the party on my birthday for our upcoming trip in September.
We did MMNSSHP in 2019, and while it was ok, made us realize that what we really wanted were short lines for attractions, not so much anything else. They could theme it to Disney’s Spaghetti and Meatballs After Hours for all I care, although the candy and treats are more than welcome, not gonna lie. Wish us luck!
This was our outlook too. The last MNSSHP we went to, we waited 30 min for BTM and swore it was our last party ever…and we had done several. The crowds just got worse year after year. We were really happy with the line situation with this event and would buy tickets to the Christmas event in a heartbeat

This was our outlook too. The last MNSSHP we went to, we waited 30 min for BTM and swore it was our last party ever…and we had done several. The crowds just got worse year after year. We were really happy with the line situation with this event and would buy tickets to the Christmas event in a heartbeat
We never visit during Christmas time but I’ve always been tempted! Aren’t they going to offer a few more entertainment offerings for the Christmas After Hours?

Hey everyone!! kind of bummed about the recent BOO BASH reports but trying not to let it get me down for our trip in October.

I have a question about the Pooh characters. I am a HUGE Eeyore fan and saw that he is dressed up as a clown near the Crystal Palace. Can I do character dining during Boo Bash hours? Are they doing character dining there? I know but and greets and pictures are different with Covid restrictions but how can I see Eeyore during the Boo Bash? Will he be in the mini-parades they are doing?

I hope I am not being too annoying, I just love seeing characters in costume and Eeyore is my absolute favorite. I am actually wondering if I will see him on the Halloween cruise we are doing next year lol
Like PP have said Pooh characters are outside on the porch of Crystal Palace for physically distant interaction/selfies

here is a look at eeyore from last year when there was no party but characters/cavalcades/seasonal treats were available to day guests

May I ask a dumb question? And I am honestly interested in knowing the answer, 100% not trolling at all. Why do they distance the costumed characters such as Mickey? I would think the head portion of the costume was technically a mask and would keep them safe?

Edit: removed extra letter

Last edited:

May I ask a dumb question? And I am honestly interested in knowing the answer, 100% not trolling at all. Why do they distance the costumed characters such as Mickey? I would think they head portion of the costume was technically a mask and would keep them safe?
Not a dumb question. I have no idea about the costume filtering out particles. I'd assume it's no KF94/N95. I think it may also help to spread guests out, who would likely be unmasked outside.

May I ask a dumb question? And I am honestly interested in knowing the answer, 100% not trolling at all. Why do they distance the costumed characters such as Mickey? I would think they head portion of the costume was technically a mask and would keep them safe?
It’s in case any traces of the disease are left behind on the costume by the guest meeting the character and then being passed on to the next guest that comes in and hugs the character.
It’s to avoid the PR fallout of people saying “I got COVID from Mickey” and being somewhat accurate.

May I ask a dumb question? And I am honestly interested in knowing the answer, 100% not trolling at all. Why do they distance the costumed characters such as Mickey? I would think the head portion of the costume was technically a mask and would keep them safe?

Edit: removed extra letter
  1. The masks aren't made to filter particles. If anything, it may trap them inside with the CM
  2. Surface contact. One sick person hugs/touches costume, then it could spread to everyone afterwards
These are the potential scenarios that dictate distanced characters.

It is not at all surprising that you experienced longish waits before 8pm... The event didn't start until 9:30pm, and the park was fully open up until then.

I didn’t think those were long waits for a regular day. My point was, FP was not obviously available pre party.

Photopass photos

does anyone know where the cauldron photo is?

I’m also looking for the black and white spooky photo with the castle in the background. Thx

Hate to bother people on this thread, but I wanted some info about buying tickets early with a DVC stay. I tried searching, but whoa, there was a lot! I plan to apply this info to the xmas party early ticket sales. I have a DVC reservation on a party day. I am the owner. The day does not have a DVC or AP discount. Do I need to call DVC MS, or can I call the regular ticket line? Thanks

Hate to bother people on this thread, but I wanted some info about buying tickets early with a DVC stay. I tried searching, but whoa, there was a lot! I plan to apply this info to the xmas party early ticket sales. I have a DVC reservation on a party day. I am the owner. The day does not have a DVC or AP discount. Do I need to call DVC MS, or can I call the regular ticket line? Thanks
They are discussing this information on the news thread last few pages. People on hold and in chat with CMs to find details:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...element-of-fun.3838908/page-323#post-63271140

Not a dumb question. I have no idea about the costume filtering out particles. I'd assume it's no KF94/N95. I think it may also help to spread guests out, who would likely be unmasked outside.

If they put him in a meet n greet they'd have to hire a lot more Mickey's. It's mostly a $$$ saver for all the character meets. As are all the cuts right now. If they can pack people in for HEA like they do, their claim of safety as a reason not to do something is gone. It would be easy for them to have him and other characters in a meet n greet that distances them from people, but not so far away like they are with the calvalcades and on the train station.

It’s in case any traces of the disease are left behind on the costume by the guest meeting the character and then being passed on to the next guest that comes in and hugs the character.
It’s to avoid the PR fallout of people saying “I got COVID from Mickey” and being somewhat accurate.

Within the past 3 weeks we took our kids to 3 events that had face characters that fully interacted with kids. IMO it seems like a budget cut for disney hidden behind covid just like the cavalcades, family style, park reservations, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter