OFFICIAL 2020 Free Dining WATCH Thread - FREE DINING No Longer Available. First Post Updated with Details

It is such a math driven discount for everyone now. Everyone really has to run the numbers in every which way to make sure it works the best for them now.
Heck, I’m hoping for any discount for my September 2020 trip. We usually go in late April and don’t get any discount. Staying at POR so we will see!

We booked without a discount so here is hoping we get something two weeks in August pool preferred at POP century with memory maker 8 day with park hopper plus 5865.00 for 4 of us.

Catching up a bit but not totally, has anyone heard from Dirty Steve or Black? I’m sorry I can’t remember who else seemed to hear wind of a discount drop and forward that to us here.

We booked without a discount so here is hoping we get something two weeks in August pool preferred at POP century with memory maker 8 day with park hopper plus 5865.00 for 4 of us.

I remember the days years ago when we would do FD at YC and BC for that price......8-9 nights.......miss those days lol.....::yes::

I remember the days years ago when we would do FD at YC and BC for that price......8-9 nights.......miss those days lol.....::yes::
Yes POP use to run us around 3500.00. Same time frame. We stayed at AKL and Poly a few years ago. But we want to go a third week possibly after Thanksgiving so we may bump to a Mod but it really isn't necessary. We did our dream vacation last year a 11 day transatlantic disney cruise and London for a few days. WE have all decided we prefer the parks.

We are going to finally do an adults only trip... which will be awesome! Were both teachers so summer is open for us and our dates can really be anything in June or July. Trying to see when and if FD comes out to actually set our dates.

I know its summer and all so its gonna be busy, I also know that July 4th week will be the worst... but is there a "best" week in july?

We are going to finally do an adults only trip... which will be awesome! Were both teachers so summer is open for us and our dates can really be anything in June or July. Trying to see when and if FD comes out to actually set our dates.

I know its summer and all so its gonna be busy, I also know that July 4th week will be the worst... but is there a "best" week in july?
I went 4th of July week last year and went to the MK the 4th. I didn't think it was that bad. I guess what I was preparing myself for was far worse than what it actually was. My only suggestion book a desert party for the fireworks!

Assuming free dining is announced:
If we have a room ressie with tickets....would we need to cancel and rebook? or can we switch to free dining?

Also, do we have to have the minimum tickets (4 days with park hoppers) in place on our reservation in order to switch to free dining....
or
if we have 4 day base tickets (on our room reservation) could we upgrade to hoppers and switch to free dining all on one phone call?

Catching up a bit but not totally, has anyone heard from Dirty Steve or Black? I’m sorry I can’t remember who else seemed to hear wind of a discount drop and forward that to us here.
they have not posted on the DisBoards in almost 2 years. I think last time was around the FD drop in April 2018; for sure nothing in 2019. 😢

A couple of years ago, I would have agreed with you 100%.

But so much more comes into play these days with fluctuating and inflated resort prices, the price difference between room categories, and date based tickets. Couple that with steeper room discounts at values as well as decently discounted tickets, and you may find your room only discount much greater then you anticipated.

Of course it’s always going to depend on your dates, length of stay and number of people in the room. But free dining is no longer the no brainer it once was, even at value resorts.

Sorry. I sound like I’m down on free dining. I’m really not. I still love it! And it’s still a great deal for many, it just may not be the right savings for some.
I love it too, but I invested a few years ago in DVC, and I still want to do free dining, but with the upgrade from QS to sit down and then to add tips on top of that, it was just cheaper for us to use our DVC points and pay OOP. So I'm just here as a cheering squad for all those hoping to get free dining. I'll still be there in Dec next year, but staying at AKV and paying OOP.

Another one hoping for free dining or a room only discount. I have been looking over menus to get a good idea of what we would spend out of pocket.

Assuming free dining is announced:
If we have a room ressie with tickets....would we need to cancel and rebook? or can we switch to free dining?

Also, do we have to have the minimum tickets (4 days with park hoppers) in place on our reservation in order to switch to free dining....
or
if we have 4 day base tickets (on our room reservation) could we upgrade to hoppers and switch to free dining all on one phone call?

Is your reservation a package with tickets right now? Or is it just a room reservation with tickets you purchased separately?

If it’s a package and you have a modify button on your reservation, you should try to add FD online if and when it drops. You can add Hoppers to your tickets at this time. You might also need to change resorts, room categories and dates to get the FD.

If you can’t modify your reservation online, I’d just make a new reservation and then cancel your existing reservation when you get a chance (if you can’t do that online). Phone lines will be busy and wait times could be long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter