"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those that have already done the plaza garden party this year, did they allow to to check in early or hold it to the 8:45? Also, did the whole party have to check in at the same time, or could 2 of us go at one time and then the last go a bit later?

Ok please critique my touring plan for Friday Oct 11th! :cutie: Note that this is all about the rides and specialty food items...we are both big foodies and it's a short weekend trip so that's what we've chosen to prioritize.

Main Street (4 to 6pm)
Get in line for Jack and Sally or Mickey?
Shop at Emporium
Amuck cupcake at Main St Bakery
Jack and Sally pushcake pops at carts near castle (on way to Liberty Square)

Liberty Square (6 to 7)
Meet the Gravediggers (depending on wait)
Christmas shop
Chocolate waffle Mickey sundae and Headless Horseman cheesecake at Sleepy Hollow
Constance's For Better or Worse cake at popcorn cart

Adventureland
Breeze through, not much I want to do here--possibly Pirates if time allows

Frontierland (7:30ish to 8:30)
Ride BTMR
Cadaver Dans show
Look for exclusive pins at Frontier Trading Post

Fantasyland (8:30 to 10:30)
Ride Haunted Mansion (on the way), 7DMT and Mad Tea Party
Ride Peter Pans Flight, Small World, Barnstormer etc if time allows
Try to time 7DMT during fireworks?
Maleficent dessert at Storybook Treats

Tomorrowland (10:30 to 12)
Ride Space Mountain
Get some candy
Backtrack to ride 7DMT or BTMR again if we're not too tired

Keeping in mind that the fireworks and parades are not a big priority...we may watch parts of them when/where the opportunity comes up.

Ok please critique my touring plan for Friday Oct 11th! :cutie: Note that this is all about the rides and specialty food items...we are both big foodies and it's a short weekend trip so that's what we've chosen to prioritize.

Main Street (4 to 6pm)
Shop at Emporium

Liberty Square (6 to 7)
Christmas shop
Chocolate waffle Mickey sundae and Headless Horseman cheesecake at Sleepy Hollow

Adventureland

Ride BTMR
Cadaver Dans show

Ride Space Mountain
Get some candy

Keeping in mind that the fireworks and parades are not a big priority...we may watch parts of them when/where the opportunity comes up.
This all looks doable. If jack and Sally are a priority you need to head there right at 4, though, and may be in line until 6. The only other thing I’m questioning is whether or not the push pops are available before 7? I’m not sure - hopefully someone else can confirm. Have fun!

This all looks doable. If jack and Sally are a priority you need to head there right at 4, though, and may be in line until 6. The only other thing I’m questioning is whether or not the push pops are available before 7? I’m not sure - hopefully someone else can confirm. Have fun!

Jack and Sally are not a super priority for me personally, probably not willing to wait 2 hours for them. Maybe Mickey would be shorter? And dang it, I didn’t think about what time the speciality food would be available! That might throw a wrench in the plan. Does anyone know?

ETA: Went to the first page and saw that some things are available all day including the Main Street Bakery treats. Maybe we’ll go to Frontierland first and get treats later in Liberty Square.

Main Street (4 to 6pm)
Shop at Emporium

Liberty Square (6 to 7)
Christmas shop

Adventureland

Ride BTMR
Cadaver Dans show

Ride Space Mountain
Get some candy

I don't think any of the things you have between 6 and 7 are available until 7.

A few things to keep in mind:

The waits for food may be longer than you expect. I waited a REALLY long time for the wedding cake at the first MNSSHP this year. I did not get a cupcake this year, but last year I waited a really long time because the bakery is Starbucks; the people ahead of you may be getting drinks which take time to make. It took a long time to get to the front of the line to place my order, and then I was waiting around a long time before they brought out my cupcake and the other dessert item I ordered.

Also, it is not always easy to find a place to eat the grab-and-go desserts. The wedding cake would be hard to eat while walking. It has a covered dome, but once you take the cover off it is just sitting on a plate. I managed to get a seat on one of the two benches which are near that popcorn cart. If I had not gotten that seat, I'm not sure how far I would have had to walk and that cake would have been melty. And people have been reporting that Liberty Square, where the popcorn cart is, has been a mob scene lately.

At the first party last year, the bakery was not equipped to have the desserts "to go" which is stupid because there are no tables inside there. I had a hard time carrying my desserts and not dropping them. I hear that has changed. There are tables on the sidewalk nearby, but you might not get a seat there. And again, that is where the crowds are.

The wedding cake was really really really sweet. I ate the whole piece myself, and did not want any more sugar that night. And I have a huge sweet tooth. I don't know if you are just planning to take a bite or two of each dessert. If you are planning to eat all of each dessert -- even if you are splitting them with someone, that's an awful lot of sugar. I seriously think it would make you sick to eat all of the desserts you mentioned (cupcake, 2 push pops, waffle sundae, cheesecake and wedding cake.)

P.S. Make sure they give you a fork or spoon when you get the wedding cake. At the first party, they forgot to put the utensils out until I asked. They sent everybody before me off without any utensils.

Last edited:

we are DVC. Where are we supposed to get our bands in park at 2?

Our plan is Jack and sally line up right then. Will they band us in line there as early as 2?

And dang it, I didn’t think about what time the speciality food would be available! That might throw a wrench in the plan. Does anyone know?
I'm not sure which food items are available early but I wanted to comment that the official party start is 7 pm when they are available and also when the ride overlays start. So if you wanted to see the live actors in Pirates, the special music and lights on teacups and the SM lighting change they won't happen early. And Haunted Mansion is really fun at night with the ladies and the butler out front. Don't miss them!
The waits for food may be longer than you expect.
This! The lines for the popcorn buckets and other trinkets also get really long.
Also, it is not always easy to find a place to eat the grab-and-go desserts. The wedding cake would be hard to eat while walking
The family next to us waiting for the parade took that down time to sit and eat their cake. I can't see how anyone would be able to juggle it while walking.

I've been to the party several times, but never to a sold out party, so erring on the side of caution for our 10/15 party, I think I'm going to steal your itinerary because we seem to have the same interests! All we really want to do is see Stitch, ride SM, HM and PoTC and of course see the parade, fireworks and HP show, and your itinerary makes me feel loads better given the fact that you did all of this during a sold out party. I'll keep you posted on whether or not it worked out for us!
Yes, please let me know!! I had a general timeline saved to my phone before hand and then this is the way things ended up working out! Having low expectations for a sold out party helped because I kept feeling so accomplished throughout the night when things were going smoothly!

were the lights off already at Space at 6:45?

We hope to sit somewhere near that area? Was it already filling up at 8:15 or could we wait a little longer and find front row spot?

Could you see Jack from Casey's grass? I am trying to decide where to try to squeeze in!!
We got in line at 6:45 so yes, by the time we boarded the lights were off. I wish I had taken better notes of times, just going by photos in my camera roll.

At 8:15 there were already a few groups in that area. It was a long wait, but taking turns going to do something helped. Also got to watch Cadaver Dans with a front row spot this way.

I could not see Jack from the Casey's grass. Being able to sit down while waiting for the fireworks and during the fireworks without people breathing down my neck was worth not seeing Jack, haha!

Thanks everyone for the info about the food lines and when things start. Would it be wise to try to get in as many rides as possible between 6 and 7, excluding the ones that have special overlays? Will there be some with shorter lines then?

TOT questions:

1--Are all of the TOT lines handing out the same candy?
2--Are some TOT lines more fun/interesting than others?
3--Can I get the non-chocolate treats (gummies, etc.) as well as regular treats, or do I need to get the special allergy bag? I'm not a huge chocolate fan, and my family members will have plenty for all of us!

Just pulled the trigger 2 nights ago and purchased tickets for MNSSHP on 10/8. I had to redo my dining and my FP+ but was able to move everything I had to later in the day so we can arrive later and stay till close. I was surprised I was able to move my Plaza ADR with plenty of times to choose from. Seeing all the parties still available makes me wonder if (hopefully) it wont be as crowded as the last one we attended in 2017. I swore off ever booking one again but my girls have me wrapped around their little finger so …...

Last edited:
At 8:15 there were already a few groups in that area. It was a long wait, but taking turns going to do something helped. Also got to watch Cadaver Dans with a front row spot this way.
I didn't even think about being able to view the Cadaver Dan's while waiting for the parade. We haven't done a party in a few years but always missed them in the past. Do they perform in the same spots every night or roam some through Frontierland? I want to stay as close to the bypass as possible so we can take a bathroom break and get to the hub fairly efficiently!

I clearly have a different mind set than a lot of people on here. I went to my first ever party on Oct 1 and I also went to my last ever party Oct 1st. The lines for everything were insane. I’ve been to magic kingdom 4 times on this vacation and the party lines were worse than any other of our visits. Basically just paid a lot of extra money to see a different parade, firework show and hocus Pocus show. All from a distance, of course, because it was tough to get near anything. I didn’t spend all of that money to just sit and save a spot all night, which is basically impossible with kids in tow. I just don’t get why everyone pays so much on all of these up charges and don’t get a whole lot back for it. I wish I had all your money to waste on mediocrity. Oh well lesson learned, some things just aren’t for some people.

I didn't even think about being able to view the Cadaver Dan's while waiting for the parade. We haven't done a party in a few years but always missed them in the past. Do they perform in the same spots every night or roam some through Frontierland? I want to stay as close to the bypass as possible so we can take a bathroom break and get to the hub fairly efficiently!
I believe we were right on the corner of the planter in front of the trading post. We sat kind of in front of the trash can so no one could get close behind us. They sang once directly in front of us and then crossed to the other side and sang. Then once more near us. They’re mic’d so you can hear them whenever they’re close-ish even if not directly in front Of you.
Also, I’d recommend grabbing your spot and taking turns going to the bathroom with kids while waiting for the parade. You’ll have plenty of time to kill. We did one ToT, had waffle sundaes from sleepy hollow, and did restroom while waiting for parade.

The times that I've seen them they've been between Frontier Trading Post and the Diamond Horseshoe, so right near the pass to Adventureland. It's funny because you can hear them through some of the speakers in the area and then you just have to look around for them, lol! I don't know if they roam, or how far they roam.

I clearly have a different mind set than a lot of people on here. I went to my first ever party on Oct 1 and I also went to my last ever party Oct 1st. The lines for everything were insane. I’ve been to magic kingdom 4 times on this vacation and the party lines were worse than any other of our visits. Basically just paid a lot of extra money to see a different parade, firework show and hocus Pocus show. All from a distance, of course, because it was tough to get near anything. I didn’t spend all of that money to just sit and save a spot all night, which is basically impossible with kids in tow. I just don’t get why everyone pays so much on all of these up charges and don’t get a whole lot back for it. I wish I had all your money to waste on mediocrity. Oh well lesson learned, some things just aren’t for some people.
I agree some things just aren’t for some people. I also think perception is in the eye of the beholder. We will be going with two kids. Our first few parties we had just one at the time. Even with the crowds we fully enjoy ourselves. I’m sorry you didn’t get the experience you were hoping for. It’s a shame you felt the need to criticize others for enjoying something you couldn’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter