"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were one of the first groups to check in at 8:25 and were at our table within moments. We don’t like WDW desserts at all so I only book for the reserved viewing. We did have a couple beverages and tried a couple of the desserts and had some cheeseburger egg rolls. We figured we didn’t care if we got a great parade spot but would try because we didn’t want to be out too late while my husband is hurt. We ended up in a fantastic spot in the second row with the family in the first row sitting the whole time so our view was completely unobstructed. We saw people with desserts in the fireworks area when we got back there so it seemed ok to take some to go! Good luck, I hope you have a great party!!!!
So you did the dessert party, watched fireworks and then went to the second parade? Did you walk right out of the garden area and then find your parade spot?

Undercover Tourist now showing all of the following dates sold out for them (still available from Disney for now):
10/6
10/8
10/10
10/11
10/24

Safe to assume this indicates high popularity and not delay buying tickets for one of these dates if you were holding off.
WOW!!! UT said they would take tickets off sale for the party if it is close to selling out completely. I guess it's safe to say those parties are nearly sold out. (from Disney's end)
October 1 is sold out on the Disney site and there are 5 additional parties in October listed on UT as sold out. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

My party is now listed as sold out on UT. :rolleyes:

@GADisneyDad14 keeps posting "Interesting" when a sell out occurs and I have to agree...

Do you remember when Disney's AP prices went up overnight and without any warning? Yet they were still available at a few third party sites and even at a lower price point. I'm not sure when those sites stopped selling them and increased the prices to reflect Disney's but I'm sure many were sold. Many. Why did Disney allow this, did it increase the overall sales in AP's? I believe it did.

Now we come to third party vendors selling MNSSHP tickets and what's interesting here is how those sites state "Sold Out" yet on WDW website it's a different story. Will this maneuver increase ticket sales?

Did this pressure anyone to purchase something they were "thinking" about purchasing?
And did you know you can buy party tickets at Sam's?

FYI, I added a few "Sold Out" tickets along with non sold out dates and could not check out.

Sam's LINK

We watched the first parade in Frontierland, then headed to the Hub for fireworks. We got a spot just behind a railing, right by Walt. It was perfect-great view of projections and Jack.

This is exactly what I hope to do with our family of 4 in late October. Do you have any strategies to share? Was it already packed when you made your way into the hub area or were most still on the parade route? I'm just trying to get an idea of what to expect as heavy crowds freak me out, but I do know what I'm getting myself into!! I think I'm more terrified of getting out of the hub area afterwards..lol

We attended the party on Friday 9/27 and agree the party was packed. We were two adult women, my DSD and myself, and while we really enjoyed it, I don't know that I would recommend it for most. We were not interested in candy or character meets. We just wanted to ride some rides, see the fireworks, and watch the parade. We entered the park around 4:30, there were no lines getting in, and we went right to Cruella's to check in. I was amazed by how empty the park was between then and 6, but that would definitely change. We had FP+ for BTMRR, and then did under the sea because she loves Ariel so we had to fit that in. We used our FP+ for JC, and then went to Skipper's Canteen for our 6:15 ADR. We just had a couple apps and drinks since we were doing Cruella's later.

When we left Skippers around 7:30 the park was just packed. We went to POC and it showed a 25 minute wait, but we waited around 10. Decided to do small world to kill time before the hocus pocus show. Watched most of the show and then went to HM. The wait time was listed at 40 minutes I think, but waited just over 10. Then did People Mover. At this point it was 9:30 so we headed to Cruella's. I know there were some very bad reviews of this experience, but we thought it was totally worth it. Food was average, but we were able to find some items we enjoyed. It was also not crowed at all, allowed us to sit and enjoy a drink (or two), and come and go as we pleased. Cruella was also amazing. She moved around the space and was very entertaining. This was a much different experience than what was described in the early reviews. If you are going to the party with adults only I think this is really a great add on.

We went out to watch the fireworks, and headed back to Cruella's. We sat inside the first time we stopped in, but this time we were able to get a table on the patio right along the railing. We ended up staying and watching the parade from there. We were able to clearly see the headless horseman as well as all the floats as they came by.

Overall we really enjoyed the party, but we go to Disney fairly often and are not really concerned about how much we get done. We liked the new fireworks show, while not better at least it is different for those that have been coming for many years. I think the new parade floats were an improvement as well. But, if we had been there with our kids, this would not have been a good experience. The party is just packed, every candy line we saw was very long, and so were lines for characters or pictures.

Undercover Tourist now showing all of the following dates sold out for them (still available from Disney for now):
10/6
10/8
10/10
10/11
10/24

Safe to assume this indicates high popularity and not delay buying tickets for one of these dates if you were holding off.

My theory is that based on the popularity of the party pass, and how many people are taking advantage of it, they made the decision to reduce the number of tickets to be sold for the future party nights.* Despite many thoughts to the contrary on this site, I don’t believe that WDW wants to pack the park to such a degree that their Guests are miserable. It results in a lot of negative word-of-mouth and time and effort spent on Guest recovery. But this is only my opinion.

There were reports that “due to slower than expected ticket sales,” they had set up kiosks in the monorail resorts (and maybe others?) to sell tickets. I didn’t think that explanation matched up with what was being reported here. BUT if true, there’s nothing like scarcity (whether real or not) to drive sales, especially in this FOMO culture. It definitely motivated me and my party (10 total) to pull the trigger on purchasing our tickets. I was hoping to wait until closer to see more accurate weather reports, but the party is a must-do (promised birthday celebration for nephew turning 6) and so we purchased Sunday night.

ETA: And so they are reducing the availability to 3rd party vendors vs. themselves, which only makes sense.

Last edited:
Going to Disney this month!!!:jumping1:

Our party night is on the 21st, got my fingers crossed that it does not sell out. I expect it to be busy but hoping that it's not overwhelming! My son got his first haircut at Disney World and this will be his first trick or treat!

My theory is that based on the popularity of the party pass, and how many people are taking advantage of it, they made the decision to reduce the number of tickets to be sold for the future party nights. Despite many thoughts to the contrary on this site, I don’t believe that WDW wants to pack the park to such a degree that their Guests are miserable. It results in a lot of negative word-of-mouth and time and effort spent on Guest recovery. But this is only my opinion.
This is my hope too. Maybe it’s wishful thinking, but it’d be the smart idea on Disney’s part.

We leave Saturday and going to the party 10/8! Although I know it will be crowded and that will cause a lot of downtime holding spots for parade(we bit the bullet and got plaza garden party for FW) as well as lines, we are hoping to make the best of it and still have a good time!

Hi, went to the party Last sunday (the 22nd) and decided to wait until after our vacation was over to write a report with the Disney blues fully set in and a clearer mind.
Basically, it was ok, but wouldn't do it again. Out of the whole week, it was by far the most crowded park visit of All, with impossibly congested walkways for a double stroller, and longish lines on the main attractions, which we weren't really there for.
Once we got our bearings, we manage to do what we wanted, The fantasy land rides, The candy stops, and the Last show. We aren't fans of staking out spots for parades or fireworks, so we saw those from afar while on the move. Ultimately we had fun, The Last Hocus Pocus show was pretty great, and the candy's been going strong for days after we got back.
It was a fine Experience to do once, we didn't really regret it, but we have scrapped it from our 2020 september plans completely.

Quick question:
I know that masks of any sort are not allowed, but I'm double checking if painting your whole face is allowed. I have a family member asking and I can't remember. I'm sure I've seen people with face paint, but I don't know about the entire face painted.
TIA!!

Great experience for the first time my son will trick or treat. I am thinking it may be a one and done for us too, especially if it is overcrowded and crazy. This we be our second trip down with fall decorations.
Our next trip will probibly be in 2021 for the 50th anniversary and after Thanksgiving so we can see the Christmas decorations.

Okay, so we went on 9/27 which was a sold out night. I had never been to MNSSHP before and was nervous about crowds. Once we saw that it was sold out, we decided to take our time getting over there instead of arriving at 3:45.

Valet parked at Contemporary around 3:45/4:00
Ate dinner at Contempo Cafe
Walked over to MK, bit of congestion getting wristbands
We took photos in the bypass at 4:55, walked to Starbucks
Starbucks drink was in hand at 5:14
Leisurely walked to Tomorrowland and looked at costumes
Got in line for Stitch around 5:25, we were the first group
While 2 of us waited, the other two went to ride Buzz
Swapped and did TTA around 6:05
They let us inside at 6:33 and stitch came out at 6:42
We were done around 6:45 and went directly to Space Mountain, 20 minute wait but was posted higher -btw this was awesome!!!
Rode Mad Tea Party
7:45 we were through interactive queue at HM and were waiting to be let in foyer
Grabbed a front row spot for first parade in Frontierland around 8:15
Right in front of the Trading post, beside walkway to Adventureland
2 of us ran to get waffle sundaes at Sleepy hollow and brought them back to enjoy
ToT at CBJ before parade
LOVE LOVE LOVED Boo to You!!
As soon as the parade finished we cut through to an empty Adventureland and found front row hub grass seats on Casey's side for the fireworks
Fireworks were good, love the perimeter bursts but overall didnt like the projections and show
After that we did POTC with no wait and hit the Jungle Cruise ToT trail with no wait
Grabbed a monorail and were walking through Grand Canyon Concourse at 11:11

Yes, it was crowded. BUT we made a top 3 priority list and knew going in that it would be crowded. We got a ton done and all had a good time! I'm not disappointed at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter