• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have pictures or a list of the desserts offered at the plaza viewing dessert party? I have done a google search for this year's party, but haven't been able to find an updated list, pictures or video. If they are serving miniature versions of the other party food, I think I may want to go because I know I will get too full eating the normal size versions of everything. Also, for those people who attended....were you able to see Jack Skellington and the castle projections well from the viewing area? I am short and have a very hard time getting a good view through all the tall people around me.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...lly-festive-celebration.3729471/post-60968630

I am concerned about the 2 and 6 year olds being able to see over people's heads, and we grandparents aren't able to hold them up that long anymore! The boys are the main reason for this visit, first time to WDW for the 2 year old. We have decided to watch the fireworks from behind the castle if the hub is crowded and not worry about the projections, but we do need a close view of the parade for them without having to encourage them to sit on the curb for an hour when everything else going on beckons! We also know they would LOVE the parade if they were able to see it-first world problems if ever! So we will try to just keep an eye on things around Frontierland and Liberty Square before the parade starts. I was fairly soundly chastised when I asked how people felt about holding places in ride/character lines even if littles needed to go to the bathroom, so I am pretty sure holding parade spots is equally frowned upon!

Character lines are different than parades too.

Character breaks are timed and flowed partially by how large the parties in line are. People are given estimates about the time based on length of the line. If everyone is not in line with their family, character attendants can not optimally time character breaks or tell other families an estimated wait time. That’s having a negative impact on other people. Also young children going to the bathroom in a one hour line is looked at differently than 3 school aged kids going to space mountain and coming back.

If you take up four spots on the parade route, the parade still starts when it starts.

I would say probably not just given the monorail has the potential to be pretty full when it gets to CR.

Just a one moment in time example, but last year at a mid/late Sept party we left just after midnight heading back to GF. Express monorail was closed (either intentionally or due to closure, I’m not sure), so all monorail traffic was routed to the Resort line. Line was long. GF/Poly boat line was really long too. I flipped a coin and chose monorail, which was a bad idea. While the boat line was super long (longest I have ever seen), several came in a row (including a big one) which churned through the people in line relatively quickly. I sat and watched crammed in the Resort monorail line kicking myself for my decision.

So, for Poly I’d either GF/Poly/MK boat, or the Ferry Boat to the TTC and just walk.
That's why i was looking for alternatives, I remember you mentioning that last year.

With the cruella party we may just sit and wait too.
Thx for heads up!

We most definitely hold our parade spot! Please do it’s our favorite parade. We like the spot btw country bears and the outpost because we can make a quick exit into Adventureland when the parade passes. We also have entertainment (cadaver dans, costume promenade and trick or treating in country bears to keep the little ones busy) and we pick up some popcorn to enjoy while we wait. Have a great time!
How far ahead of parade did you hold your spot?

Thanks!

As a DVC member were did you get your wristband at 3:00pm? Was it in front of the Magic Kingdom or at your resort ? Thanks.

NOT at the resort (which you can do for DVC only events). I believe someone said the tap points to use at MK are labeled and I assume you get your wristband there.

Right, 2018 was the hottest!!! OMG, I was melting in my costume for sure. That was a new experience for me.

The week of the first party in 2019 was significantly hotter than the week of the first party in 2018. However there was a breeze during the 2019 party which I do not recall in 2018.

Thanks for the review. What time after dinner at Chef Mickey's did you enter the park? What time did you the tackle the few treat trails? Even after 12am Magic shots are still available up to 12:45am

Oh lordy I have no idea - haha! I got to the park around 6:30 or 7pm. We all stopped at the bathroom and split up - I went to do some of the trails and we stopped for a milkshake and so on. I know we almost got caught in frontierland for the first parade as we were heading back to check in to the party. At midnight after the parade went by I was tired and just ready to leave. It did seem like it was later than usual when it was finished. It was the first party so super crowded and I'm in an ECV so I'm not that fast.

It was a little troubling and the fact that the allergy plate had all gone stale rubbed me the wrong way.
The allergy plate was so so so so bad. Inedible. That has really turned me off of booking a dessert party of any type again. I wish I had taken a photo of it. Compared to a few years ago it was night and day different...in a bad way. :(

The allergy plate was so so so so bad. Inedible. That has really turned me off of booking a dessert party of any type again. I wish I had taken a photo of it. Compared to a few years ago it was night and day different...in a bad way. :(

I'm making a post on the Dining thread per @MinnieSweetheart's suggestion. I have a photo which I'll post there. Absolutely awful!

Character lines are different than parades too.

Character breaks are timed and flowed partially by how large the parties in line are. People are given estimates about the time based on length of the line. If everyone is not in line with their family, character attendants can not optimally time character breaks or tell other families an estimated wait time. That’s having a negative impact on other people. Also young children going to the bathroom in a one hour line is looked at differently than 3 school aged kids going to space mountain and coming back.

If you take up four spots on the parade route, the parade still starts when it starts.
If there is one child and 3 or 4 adults, those adults joining the line dont add to the length of time.

Does anyone know when you can purchase the HM popcorn buckets? We are DVC so plan on getting there around 3 and I know we can purchase merchandise before the party starts but didn't know about the popcorn buckets.

I had to laugh when GADisneyDad14 posted about not knowing where the Golden Oak Oupost is, because I too had to look on the map. I cant remember ever going there in all my visits.

had to laugh when GADisneyDad14 posted about not knowing where the Golden Oak Oupost is, because I too had to look on the map. I cant remember ever going there in all my visits.

I missed his post- been going since 1987 and I still don't know where it is. lol

I am here now. Checked in with annual pass at 2;10. I’ve not been since Jack and Sally met by the Christmas shop so asked a CM outside town theater. He said come back at 4:30. I went inside the theater and asked a CM in Halloween gear who scanned my MB and sent me to wait in line. I am 8-10 people from the front.

I am here now. Checked in with annual pass at 2;10. I’ve not been since Jack and Sally met by the Christmas shop so asked a CM outside town theater. He said come back at 4:30. I went inside the theater and asked a CM in Halloween gear who scanned my MB and sent me to wait in line. I am 8-10 people from the front.
The only characters we plan to meet. I’m dressing as Sally. DH is just wearing a Jack T-shirt!

I'm making a post on the Dining thread per @MinnieSweetheart's suggestion. I have a photo which I'll post there. Absolutely awful!
I can't find the original posts, but are you referring to the Fantasmic dessert party or the MNSSHP dessert party? I remember a post somewhere about the Fantasmic party on this thread but I'm not sure where it is now.
I'm doing the MNSSHP dessert party and have done several over the years with allergy plates. Never did the Fantasmic one though. I'm sure the MNSSHP one is similar to the HEA one which I've done several times. And I don't like Erin McKenna's baked good either! Those are terrible and I fill up on other things I can eat at the HEA party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter