"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll watch because the only thing that will get me to book MNSSHP this trip is if the fireworks show is amazing. Normally, I avoid any reports on new things.

So with the first party happening TOMORROW (yay!), my question for everyone going later is.... Will you watch the new fireworks videos from the vloggers or wait to be surprised by the new show when you get there?
I'm torn..... I like surprises, but then I also click on anything to do with the MNSSHP so fast and think about it later. :rotfl:

Personally, I want to watch them! I am not a huge fan of surprises and liked to be prepared, especially so I can know how to prepare my kids. I can't wait to see them!

Pardon my ignorance but isn’t the list of halloween party treats usually released by now? Or does that info only come out after the first party...?

Happy birthday to your son! I didn't get my license until my daughter was born and I was 30 years old. :rolleyes1 I was in Toronto and didn't need it. But by then we had moved to a rural area of Peterborough and I needed it.

However, my daughter has disabilities and we are putting off her license for a bit as well.
Thank you. :hug: Wow thirty years, I never would have made it through college as I was and still am the Designated Driver! :drive:
I wish the driving schools here offered teens with disabilities more driving time.

I thought you guys already had the character list:
Main Street, U.S.A.: Friends from Tim Burton’s “The Nightmare Before Christmas”, Mickey Mouse in his Halloween best
Adventureland: Captain Jack Sparrow, Moana, friends from “Aladdin” and “Tarzan”
Frontierland: Br’er Bear and Br’er Rabbit
Fantasyland: Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Minnie Mouse, Goofy; Cruella DeVil, Princess Elena, Princess Tiana, Rapunzel; The Seven Dwarfs; friends from “Alice in Wonderland,” “Beauty and the Beast,” “Cinderella,” Disney Junior, “The Little Mermaid,” and “Winnie the Pooh”
Tomorrowland: Lotso and Stitch, friends from Monsters, Inc.
Treat Locations
Main Street, U.S.A:
Market Street (until 8 p.m.)
Adventureland: Jungle Cruise, Tortuga Tavern
Frontierland: Country Bear Jamboree, Splash Mountain, Miner’s Cove
Liberty Square: The Diamond Horseshoe
Fantasyland: Ariel’s Grotto, Mickey’s PhilharMagic, Pinocchio Village Haus, Storybook Circus Train Station
Tomorrowland: Carousel of Progress, Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café, Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor

You are so AMAZING!!!!!! :worship::worship::worship::worship::worship: Thank you so much! WOW!!!!

Forgive me if this has been asked and answered... Historically, at what time have they allowed check in for the dessert party? Trying to make a draft schedule and hoping we can check in earlier than the 8:45 to avoid the lines later.

We got stuck waiting what felt like forever last year to check in to the dessert party. We got there early, so were pretty close to the beginning of the line, but they didn't let you check in earlier than the stated time.

Nope - won’t watch any of it. Radio silence (for the most part). :-)

Although I may peak at the chatter tomorrow to see if perimeter fireworks are involved so I can prepare myself to be disappointed if needed.
Just had my first cup of coffee, two things: I agree I don't want to see the parade or fireworks beforehand. :thumbsup2 Not sure what you meant by your last statement. Is it due to your chosen location?

Just had my first cup of coffee, two things: I agree I don't want to see the parade or fireworks beforehand. :thumbsup2 Not sure what you meant by your last statement. Is it due to your chosen location?
I think he means if there aren’t perimeter fireworks he’ll be really disappointed, so he might rather know that part ahead of time than be dissappponted the night when he sees them in person. At least that’s how I’ve been reading @GADisneyDad14’s posts about this :-)

I also agree, losing those would be a bummer. I did watch the preview video, and I’m not sure. I’ll just have to wait and see, but I’m wondering if I’ll actually like it better. I really liked Hallowishes, I always liked it so much better than Wishes. I’ll find out tomorrow!

Just had my first cup of coffee, two things: I agree I don't want to see the parade or fireworks. :thumbsup2 Not sure what you by your last statement. Is it due to your chosen location?

It means that I will be bummed if perimeter fireworks are not a part of the new show.

My first MNSSHP was in 2013, maybe 2014. I didn’t know squat about it and had never read these boards, read about the show, etc.

I distinctly remember being in the Hub during the “Everybody Scream!” ending when the perimeter fireworks go off all around and thinking it was just about one of the coolest things I had ever seen. It was like Wishes on steroids. It’s among a handful of Disney ‘moments’ which ultimately sparked our fandom of the WDW experience and has kept us coming back.

Plus the perimeter fireworks have always added a little “wow factor” to the regular MK fireworks experience.

Although admittedly I’m a fireworks guy - never get tired of them. :-)

🧨🧨🧨

We got stuck waiting what felt like forever last year to check in to the dessert party. We got there early, so were pretty close to the beginning of the line, but they didn't let you check in earlier than the stated time.
Thanks...

I was hoping you could check in, leave and then come back when its open.

Good to know, thanks! Did they have two lines to check in? One for the Plaza party and one for the Terrace party?

I think he means if there aren’t perimeter fireworks he’ll be really disappointed, so he might rather know that part ahead of time than be dissappponted the night when he sees them in person. At least that’s how I’ve been reading @GADisneyDad14’s posts about this :-)

I also agree, losing those would be a bummer. I did watch the preview video, and I’m not sure. I’ll just have to wait and see, but I’m wondering if I’ll actually like it better. I really liked Hallowishes, I always liked it so much better than Wishes. I’ll find out tomorrow!
I liked Hallowishes soooo much better than Wishes too! We were in Disney when the HEA show debuted and I LOVED it also! I was never a huge fan of Wishes, although it was nice.
Have fun tomorrow!!

Yeah, I always thought Hallowishes was such a nice change of pace/upgrade over Wishes - it felt like a mega show fitting a special ticket event. But then came HEA (which wows me every time), which left me feeling Hallowishes was an inferior show/product that was starting to show its age. So I was ready for something new... but just keeping my fingers crossed the soundtrack and show will all be appealing.

Good luck tomorrow - have fun!

Has the first party sold out? I keep checking and it looks like no. We will be there tomorrow night

Looking at the 2019 Character List

So happy Lotso isn't being replaced! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
Frontierland: Br’er Bear and Br’er Rabbit - Are they roaming characters again this year?
Fantasyland: Cruella DeVil - Same question as above ^
Disney Junior: “The Little Mermaid,” and “Winnie the Pooh” - Kinda vague language, last year Prince Eric & Ariel met together and Winnie the Pooh was, I forget the exact wording, "Winnie the Pooh and friends" - so I wonder if this is different.
Tomorrowland: Friends from Monsters, Inc. - That's new! Sully, Mike & Boo???

It means that I will be bummed if perimeter fireworks are not a part of the new show.

My first MNSSHP was in 2013, maybe 2014. I didn’t know squat about it and had never read these boards, read about the show, etc.

I distinctly remember being in the Hub during the “Everybody Scream!” ending when the perimeter fireworks go off all around and thinking it was just about one of the coolest things I had ever seen. It was like Wishes on steroids. It’s among a handful of Disney ‘moments’ which ultimately sparked our fandom of the WDW experience and has kept us coming back.

Plus the perimeter fireworks have always added a little “wow factor” to the regular MK fireworks experience.

Although admittedly I’m a fireworks guy - never get tired of them. :-)

🧨🧨🧨
Same!!!

Confession time....I was never a big fan of the Nightmare Before Christmas but the end of Hallowishes (Everybody Scream!) with the HM theme mixed with the Nightmare Before Christmas music PLUS the perimeter fireworks was so cool! Now I will watch Nightmare Before Christmas in my regular Halloween video list.

I will be very sad if they don't have them as well.

getting all antsy in the pantsy waiting to see what the MB's look like, i wanna get my hookup to get one for me but i want to see it first

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter