"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen lots of posts about what people do on party days (sleep in, swim, etc.) But what do you do the day after the party? I hate to waste a rope drop but highly doubt we'll want to wake up early. Do you just plan to go later in the morning and stay until close? Do you feel you get as much done this way? Thanks for your help.
We are going to AK the next day, but we have AH tickets so I’m not planning on getting to the park until 12:30-1. And then the day after that is EMH at Epcot, so we’ll arrive late that day and then the next day is our resort day! We’re night owls, so I try to plan our park days around later hours and events. It works for us!

I've seen lots of posts about what people do on party days (sleep in, swim, etc.) But what do you do the day after the party? I hate to waste a rope drop but highly doubt we'll want to wake up early. Do you just plan to go later in the morning and stay until close? Do you feel you get as much done this way? Thanks for your help.

We are planning to sleep in, get to MK at around 11. I have lunch reservations at CRT (made months ago) and then at some point we are going to head over to AK. My first FP over there is 3-4, so we will probably leave MK at 2 or 2:30 (planning to use our FP closer to the end of the window) and we will be doing some stuff over there.

We like a DAK day the day after MNSSHP. It’s a park I don’t necessarily feel I ‘have’ to rope drop so we can sleep in and roll over there at our leisure, there are good lunch options, it’s something completely different, etc.

Or I’m heading out on the tragical express heading home. :-(

I will probably rope drop DHS, as that's the park we're going to the next day. The family will likely not rope drop, so our FP+ are for later and our dinner reservation is for 8:20 in the evening.

This is such a random question but it’s bugged me since it happened and I thought I would ask the experts.

I went to a MNSSHP last year, had a great time but didn’t do trick or treating because I was there alone (I was in Orlando for a work conference) and I have a soy allergy and can’t eat the majority of the non allergy friendly candy they distribute. I walked into the Allergy friendly location on Main Street as I was leaving and asked if I could just get a couple things even though I didn’t collect any “tokens”. The cast members were great, said of course, and gave me an entire bag of treats.

A woman scowled at me and said I was cheating and I should be ashamed of myself (also that I was taking treats from kids) and that I should have gone and collected tokens.

In my opinion, the tokens are so people with allergies can’t completely left out when you’re with a group, not as a requirement. Am I wrong? Did I unknowingly violate some Disney ToT etiquette? I’m heading back this year and want to make sure I’m not the next Disney villain.

In my opinion, the tokens are so people with allergies can’t completely left out when you’re with a group, not as a requirement. Am I wrong? Did I unknowingly violate some Disney ToT etiquette? I’m heading back this year and want to make sure I’m not the next Disney villain.
What you did was perfectly fine and acceptable. How odd someone would comment on an event YOU paid for, now that's just rude! You tell her I said so too! :thumbsup2

What you did was perfectly fine and acceptable. How odd someone would comment on an event YOU paid for, now that's just rude! You tell her I said so too! :thumbsup2
I thought it was a requirement! I dont know why I thought that....but truthfully (in my opinion) if you dont collect the token, you miss out on the fun of Trick or Treating. We spent at least an hour waiting in lines ToT when we could have been doing other things like riding rides but we made that choice because we thought it was fun. Alternatively, I guess we could have skipped the ToT and ridden the rides then just picked up a bag of allergy free candy on our way out? I do fear if everyone did that that they would run out of bags of allergy free candy unless they planned for people to do that. How do they know how much allergy free candy bags to prepare or do they just have big bins of them and stuff the bags full as you wait? I'm honestly curious.

I must be a crazy commando? I have a 800 PPO breakfast at Garden Grill the next morning? :confused3
I had one too but gave it up ( plus had to narrow down ADRs)-we plan on going to EP , possibly rope drop-( it's a 9 am) I dont sleep well and probably would be awaken by hustle and bustle at hotel if I tried to sleep in. We will graze food and wine ...will pop into AK , have a 5 pm Boma and then might call it a night or stay for tree lighting ( which still wouldnt be too late)-that way we are exhausted and to bed early for the next day of 6 am at HS

I went to a MNSSHP last year, had a great time but didn’t do trick or treating because I was there alone (I was in Orlando for a work conference) and I have a soy allergy and can’t eat the majority of the non allergy friendly candy they distribute. I walked into the Allergy friendly location on Main Street as I was leaving and asked if I could just get a couple things even though I didn’t collect any “tokens”. The cast members were great, said of course, and gave me an entire bag of treats.

A woman scowled at me and said I was cheating and I should be ashamed of myself (also that I was taking treats from kids) and that I should have gone and collected tokens.

People can report back from last year, but if I recall correctly, people did not exchange one "token" for one piece of allergy friendly candy.

I think if you went through 1 trick or treat line and got 1 token, or 10 trick or treat lines and got 10 tokens, you would be offered the same amount of allergy friendly candy. So I'm not sure it should be any different if you went through 0 trick or treat lines and got 0 tokens.

An adult party ticket costs more than a child party ticket, so it could be argued that you are entitled to MORE candy than a child.

However, if people are going to be jerks, maybe you could go through 1 short trick or treat line and get 1 token to exchange for candy. Then it would appear that you are doing the same thing as other people. The amount of candy they give you for that token is the cast member's decision.

I must be a crazy commando? I have a 800 PPO breakfast at Garden Grill the next morning? :confused3
I'm right there with you, 8:10am PPO, but for Tusker House. Booked it before they announced 7am EMH but I LOVE breakfast there so I'm not changing it.

I'm a morning person (and the rest of my vacation party are when I plan WDW vacations!). We'll be at AK for EMH by 6:30am the next day.

We make it a pool day. Sleep in, have brunch in our condo, spend all day pool hopping at our offsite condo. We eat our candy from the party and snacks all day poolside. It's very relaxing.

I just wanted to say hi. My family is similar to yours. My kids are 20 and 15 only we have gone once before when they were 11 and 6. So this time I've told them it's all about the rides! LOL No characters (unless we stumble upon a really short line) and very little candy. Only it will be our only MK day so we will be at the gates just before 4 pm to line up.
Same!!! 19 and 16. no characters. rides. atmosphere. fw. late night etc. etc. 8/27!

This year I haven't made any plans for the day after MNSSHP until 1:20pm when we have Via Napoli ADRs, a few Epcot rides, then the Eat to the Beat concert. This is not normal for me. We are usually commando park goers. I'm excited for a more relaxed pace this year.
same. because i follow this thread. someone suggested disney springs leisurely shopping next day which i will be planning for. no rush. unlike us but something different.

In my case, we'll be going home.

I thought it was a requirement! I dont know why I thought that....but truthfully (in my opinion) if you dont collect the token, you miss out on the fun of Trick or Treating. We spent at least an hour waiting in lines ToT when we could have been doing other things like riding rides but we made that choice because we thought it was fun. Alternatively, I guess we could have skipped the ToT and ridden the rides then just picked up a bag of allergy free candy on our way out? I do fear if everyone did that that they would run out of bags of allergy free candy unless they planned for people to do that. How do they know how much allergy free candy bags to prepare or do they just have big bins of them and stuff the bags full as you wait? I'm honestly curious.

When it comes to throwing a fun, family friendly Halloween party Disney is King. They thought of everything including treats for those with allergies and they did so with the intentions you just mentioned, to join in the fun of Trick or Treating. Is this system being abused, I believe it is and Disney does too. Years ago when you exchanged tokens for candy there was a menu where you selected what items you wanted, as seen below:

What happened is people would exchange them for specific items which some sold out in mid to late October. My son was never able to get Enjoy Life Cookies as we attended Oct 31st. So Disney started pre-bagging the treats in two categories. Inside the bag you'll find candy and Halloween themed foam kits. As far as grabbing a bag on your way out it was reported last year that the building on Main Street was closed at 11:30 or midnight. Can't remember the exact time, sorry.

Got my tickets for Aug 30! can't wait. great way to end the trip, though it'll be hard to get up the next day to fly home :( This will be out last trip for awhile (probably... I always say that and then book another one) so I wanted to end with kiddo's favourite park, we went to the party two years ago and during the fireworks he rode Barnstormer over and over again, a good dozen or more times lol. He isn't fond of the loud noises, and I saw enough from the back of the park (and heard the story). Any way! We'll see if we actually watch the fireworks this time or not. I don't think we even did trick or treating last time, he just wanted to ride!

Not a dumb question at all and not impossible. We are actually considering it ourselves. My "plan" is to attend the fireworks dessert party, watch the show from the garden, then head to Tony's for Cruella's. We may snack a bit (if we're at all hungry again yet), meet Cruella, and head out to the flagpole around 11:15/11:30. This gives us 45 minutes to an hour to relax at Tony's before the parade, then will likely head back in to Tony's to wait for the crowds to clear out. I know I would NOT be getting my money's worth out of treats at Cruella's by doing it this way, but let's be honest, I'm paying for the view, not the food. And since we got in at the "discounted price" it makes the paying for both events a little easier to swallow. I will also add that once reviews from the first few parties come in (about both the new fireworks show and Cruella's) I may cancel one or both. But I think it's definitely do-able to attend both, from a timing perspective. From a value perspective, that remains to be seen!!! (I will also further add that we have done 7 or 8 parties in the last few years, have met all of the party exclusive characters and are APs so frequent the parks often. So there's not as much pressure for us to meet characters or ride rides, and we are there solely to enjoy the party ambiance and offerings. If it was my first party, I would never attempt this LOL)

I'm a bit far behind on the thread so I apologize if this was mentioned. Just knew I'd never find this post again if it wasn't... :flower:

I'm currently booked for the Dessert Party, I went in to try and add the Cruella party for the same night but it wouldn't let me. That "you already have a reservation at this time" box popped up. Not sure if others experienced this too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter