"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are joining the MNSSHP crew. I just purchased tickets for the 8/27 and 8/30 parties. This will be our first time attending the Halloween parties. We have attended MVMCP previously. I do not want to spend money unnecessarily but I am thinking about doing the Fireworks dessert party one night and Cruella's party the other night. One of the highlights for us is seeing characters which are not usually out and I do not want to waste time staking out a spot for the fireworks or parade.

In regards to the add on party at Tony's, I would guess that the crowd will be similar to the add on they offered for the MVMCP in the same spot. They had a dessert buffet set up, a hot food buffet, and a cold food buffet. The bar was an additional stop. It was open seating, you sat wherever you found a spot. The first time we went in and grabbed snacks, it was pretty early in the event and mostly empty. Lots more people looking for beverages that time around. We left and came back mid party and it was more crowded, but plenty of open tables. And then we came back and sat for awhile at the end of the event as the party emptied out. Even at the height of the crowd, not everyone was there at once. So there was always open seats/tables. Nobody sits there for hours, as it's valuable party and parade time. I think you should be fine finding a spot for a family to sit together.

In regards to the add on party at Tony's, I would guess that the crowd will be similar to the add on they offered for the MVMCP in the same spot. They had a dessert buffet set up, a hot food buffet, and a cold food buffet. The bar was an additional stop. It was open seating, you sat wherever you found a spot. The first time we went in and grabbed snacks, it was pretty early in the event and mostly empty. Lots more people looking for beverages that time around. We left and came back mid party and it was more crowded, but plenty of open tables. And then we came back and sat for awhile at the end of the event as the party emptied out. Even at the height of the crowd, not everyone was there at once. So there was always open seats/tables. Nobody sits there for hours, as it's valuable party and parade time. I think you should be fine finding a spot for a family to sit together.
What time did you show up for the parade? What was the viewing area like?

Call me crazy.... not only are me and my husband of 3 days (at the time) rope-dropping another park the next morning. We are rope-dropping SW:GE at 6am for the last EEMH.

Though; we’ll be back in bed by 10am probably.
Ill see you there. Lol

The parade viewing area for the Christmas Party was the Tony's side half of the center island in Town Square. The Christmas tree was up, and that area is where most people packed in, as it gave you a straight down Main Street view of the parade. We walked over to the reserved area right about the time that the parade was starting, knowing it would take awhile to get from the back of the park to the front. So we stood facing Tony's, next to one of the dips in the sidewalk for strollers and wheelchairs. We were never crowded, and people were pretty much just lining the reserved area in a single line, standing next to each other. I saw cast members "evict" a few guests that were not part of the add on party when they attempted to duck into the area as the parade was approaching. There was space between us the and the next family, and that pattern followed around the curve. That wasn't the case up by the Christmas tree. So your experience with the crowd in the reserved area will depend on how sold out the add on party actually is, and how important it is for your group to be in a specific viewing spot of that area. For your reference, we went on a Thursday night, the week before Thanksgiving. Our little group got LOTS of attention and interaction from the elves that were tossing around and dancing with their giant inflatables. Our neighbors had just as much attention. I'm not sure if it was by accident or design, but it seemed like the elves spent way more time with the guests in the reserved island than the ones lining the regular sidewalks by Tony's and the train station.

It might be helpful for you to find some reviews about the add on party at Tony's from this past Christmas. A nice cross section of them may give you an idea of what you may experience at the Halloween version!

The parade viewing area for the Christmas Party was the Tony's side half of the center island in Town Square. The Christmas tree was up, and that area is where most people packed in, as it gave you a straight down Main Street view of the parade. We walked over to the reserved area right about the time that the parade was starting, knowing it would take awhile to get from the back of the park to the front. So we stood facing Tony's, next to one of the dips in the sidewalk for strollers and wheelchairs. We were never crowded, and people were pretty much just lining the reserved area in a single line, standing next to each other. I saw cast members "evict" a few guests that were not part of the add on party when they attempted to duck into the area as the parade was approaching. There was space between us the and the next family, and that pattern followed around the curve. That wasn't the case up by the Christmas tree. So your experience with the crowd in the reserved area will depend on how sold out the add on party actually is, and how important it is for your group to be in a specific viewing spot of that area. For your reference, we went on a Thursday night, the week before Thanksgiving. Our little group got LOTS of attention and interaction from the elves that were tossing around and dancing with their giant inflatables. Our neighbors had just as much attention. I'm not sure if it was by accident or design, but it seemed like the elves spent way more time with the guests in the reserved island than the ones lining the regular sidewalks by Tony's and the train station.

It might be helpful for you to find some reviews about the add on party at Tony's from this past Christmas. A nice cross section of them may give you an idea of what you may experience at the Halloween version!
Thank you! We are going to the first party. Just trying to get some reference as to how things worked.

Ill see you there. Lol

Hahaha. I decided we were doing 6am Galaxy’s Edge after the Halloween Party in my head. But as soon as I typed it I like floated over my body and realised I’d have a shorter marriage than a Kardashian if I did that. I have been brainstorming a better idea since then. And today I came up with it! We’re going to do 1st Nov EEMH, then go back to the hotel, sleep, before lunch at Geyser Point & getting the boat across to MK for MNSSHP. We’ll be sleeping in on the 2nd like normal people 😊

Oh boy! I posted a while ago that I wanted to do the party again this year, but in mid August to AVOID the SWGE crowds. Now, it may be that the only week we can do WDW is August 30- Sept. 6. I'm officially freaking out a little, because that means the only party day we would have available is Monday Sept. 2 Labor Day but it's also the opening week of SWGE and F&W! We're only planning on the MNSSHP and one Epcot day (we were just in WDW last month) and spending most of our time at the resorts.

I know SWGE is a complete wild card and very hard to predict how the crowds will be all over WDW, but I'm very uneasy about it. Is anyone else going that week and planning on the party? Thoughts? I keep telling myself that even a crowded day in Disney is better than no day in Disney!

Oh boy! I posted a while ago that I wanted to do the party again this year, but in mid August to AVOID the SWGE crowds. Now, it may be that the only week we can do WDW is August 30- Sept. 6. I'm officially freaking out a little, because that means the only party day we would have available is Monday Sept. 2 Labor Day but it's also the opening week of SWGE and F&W! We're only planning on the MNSSHP and one Epcot day (we were just in WDW last month) and spending most of our time at the resorts.

I know SWGE is a complete wild card and very hard to predict how the crowds will be all over WDW, but I'm very uneasy about it. Is anyone else going that week and planning on the party? Thoughts? I keep telling myself that even a crowded day in Disney is better than no day in Disney!
Yes! And we are going to the Sept 2 party. It may end up being a popular party night, I fear. We probably won't do any characters at all, though. Just enjoy the party, rides, and ToT.

Question. I know last year we watched fireworks from the grassy area in front of Casey's. I also know that it is being used for the Cinderella special package....but that shouldn't be in effect during party nights, should it? We really want to be in front of the castle for the new fireworks show so I don't want to miss an opportunity to see that. I just hate to tie up party time with dessert party festivities. Any thoughts?

Question. I know last year we watched fireworks from the grassy area in front of Casey's. I also know that it is being used for the Cinderella special package....but that shouldn't be in effect during party nights, should it? We really want to be in front of the castle for the new fireworks show so I don't want to miss an opportunity to see that. I just hate to tie up party time with dessert party festivities. Any thoughts?

Signature Celebration Package includes reserved viewing for “Happily Ever After” fireworks.
LINK

Yes! And we are going to the Sept 2 party. It may end up being a popular party night, I fear. We probably won't do any characters at all, though. Just enjoy the party, rides, and ToT.
No characters for us either. Really, the only thing I'm focusing on will be the new fireworks. I'm not going to stress about the HP show or the parade, but we will do both at some point.

I'm *hoping* people will keep their schedules flexible for SWGE, meaning they may not commit to MNSSHP if there's a chance they could get into SWGE. I remember doing this myself for Pandora when it opened. It's probably wishful thinking though!

I am really torn between booking Cruella's party and the fireworks party. We did just do MVMCP last December with the Tony's event and that parade view is so outstanding....but since we just did MNSSHP last fall and the fireworks are new this year I feel we should do the fireworks dessert party. But I hate to miss out on the Cruella thing too!
I am similarly struggling with which of these events to choose.

I've had the fireworks party booked for a while, but could still cancel and book Cruella's. Last year for MNSSHP we did the fireworks party, and were able to find the last few spots on the curb for the 2nd parade in the area where it sounds like they reserve viewing for Cruella's. Not sure if we got lucky or if the second parade is always that easy to get spots (our last MNSSHP before last year's was in 2006).

Am I imagining things, or do I remember reading last year that some Tony's partygoers were able to stand in the reserved area for the parade to view the fireworks? And this is probably a dumb question, but the timing makes it impossible to attend both Cruella's and the fireworks party, right? (Can't find that "ducking thrown tomatoes" emoji, but imagine that inserted here, lol!)

I am similarly struggling with which of these events to choose.

I've had the fireworks party booked for a while, but could still cancel and book Cruella's. Last year for MNSSHP we did the fireworks party, and were able to find the last few spots on the curb for the 2nd parade in the area where it sounds like they reserve viewing for Cruella's. Not sure if we got lucky or if the second parade is always that easy to get spots (our last MNSSHP before last year's was in 2006).

Am I imagining things, or do I remember reading last year that some Tony's partygoers were able to stand in the reserved area for the parade to view the fireworks? And this is probably a dumb question, but the timing makes it impossible to attend both Cruella's and the fireworks party, right? (Can't find that "ducking thrown tomatoes" emoji, but imagine that inserted here, lol!)
We did Tony's for MVMCP last year and watched fireworks from the parade viewing area first....then stayed in that area for the parade viewing. We actually went into Tony's upon opening for the party, got some food and drink, then went out to the parade viewing area for fireworks. After the second parade we went back in for more snacks and Prosecco. :) We were right underneath the christmas tree with a straight view up Main Street. The fireworks viewing was acceptable but I don't think it will be for this year's Halloween fireworks given the fact that it's rumored to be heavy with"castle projections". It's great for the parade, though!

We’re doing the 8/30 party instead of 9/2 because I’m trying to leave that night open for a second chance at SWL if I need it. I’m gambling that a lot of people will be flying back home that day and locals have to work. So maybe you will be lucky with that party date?

We have Cruellas booked ( got in on the discounted price- which makes it more tempting - almost a buy 2 get 1 free scenario compared to current pricing)- DId the party 3 years ago remembered waiting for parade and having issues/squeezing with people etc ( and we're just 2 adults, not large family). We also were there towards the end of Sept and this year we will be there the beginning of Sept. I enjoy having preferred viewing area for parade but I am concerned about missing the projections on the castle... Not quite sure what we will finally decide. Looking for early reviews of everything to make the final decision...

Perhaps I am misremembering, but I recall being advised that they don’t rope off the parade viewing area until after the fireworks. I was thinking of this same strategy for fireworks/ parade, but it doesn’t work if there is no viewing area set up yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter