Official 2019 HHN-29 Thread

I’ve never heard of the ROF with EP sell out mac.......

We always buy ours early just in case.......it just seems to get busier every year!

We always go the first few weeks of the event and do ROF but never buy EP before hand. Just bought ROF last week for our Sept Trip..
Usually grab the EP sometime that day or during the event itself. Later in the night it may sell out day of, but if you go early enough should be able to snag it.

The rides are separate from the HHN EP. You will use your room key for EP on the rides during HHN.

Unless that changed, it wasn't like that when I went a few years ago. Had to use the HHN EP that we bought. The room EP doesn't apply to HHN hours

Which rides are generally open and are the lines for the rides about the same length as they are during the day?

Unless that changed, it wasn't like that when I went a few years ago. Had to use the HHN EP that we bought. The room EP doesn't apply to HHN hours

Last year we used Hotel EP for some of the rides and HHN EP for the mazes.

Which rides are generally open and are the lines for the rides about the same length as they are during the day?

Rip Ride, Transformers, Mummy, Fast and Furious, MIB, Escape from Gringotts. The lines are not very long during HHN so i dont think its a deal breaker to not have it. We have no room EP's this year and I'm not the least bit worried about the queue on the rides.

Rip Ride, Transformers, Mummy, Fast and Furious, MIB, Escape from Gringotts. The lines are not very long during HHN so i dont think its a deal breaker to not have it. We have no room EP's this year and I'm not the least bit worried about the queue on the rides.

Well, as long as F&F is on there!

Surprised ET and Simpsons aren't on there. But then again, we can do the rides as much as we want earlier in the day with our on site Express pass.

The HHN twitter account posted this cryptic tweet today:

I'm not staying at Cabana Bay this time but would be cool if they added in some Stranger Things theming somewhere in the hotel.

Now that we know all the houses and scare zones what's everyones most anticipated list? Would be interesting to see what we all are the most excited for and if that actually translates once we experience it all.

If you have Express that you purchased for your night, is it necessary to get there early to line up in the holding areas?

If you have Express that you purchased for your night, is it necessary to get there early to line up in the holding areas?

Depends on how many times you want to do the houses. If you do SnS you can get into some of the houses before there are lines and then use the express later in the night when the line gets longer and/or to re-visit the houses you liked. If you just wanna do all the houses with express and be done, then no I don't think you'd necessarily need to do SnS, but even the express lines can get long later in the evening.

The holding area is only for people who have day admission to the park. So if you do not have a day pass or do not want to buy the 25 dollar 2 hour pass then it would not matter.

Express should get you into every house in one night. So if your goal is just to do one run through of each then I would not say Stay and Scream is a requirement.

However it is a headstart and depending on your holding area can get you some houses with really short waits. So you could do Ghostbusters or Stranger things relatively fast and then go back and use the Express Pass later for another run through.

But if you DO have access to the park beforehand (and AP, regular day ticket or 25 buck ticket) then I do not see any reason not to get there early and use the Stay and Scream. Especially if you were planning on being there at opening anyway.

HHN is a separate ticketed event. Unless something has changed your hotel EP works during regular daytime park hours for rides. Only HHN passes with EP or EP purshcasd for your evening of HHN you chose works on the houses and rides that are open. You can enter special park entrance to the far right side of building as a onsite hotel guest. Which is a nice perk.

That is entirely up to you. Some people do and some don’t. I think it boils down to how much you plan to get done in one night and which night you go. Friday and Saturday are busy.

Last edited:
The holding area is only for people who have day admission to the park. So if you do not have a day pass or do not want to buy the 25 dollar 2 hour pass then it would not matter.

Express should get you into every house in one night. So if your goal is just to do one run through of each then I would not say Stay and Scream is a requirement.

However it is a headstart and depending on your holding area can get you some houses with really short waits. So you could do Ghostbusters or Stranger things relatively fast and then go back and use the Express Pass later for another run through.

But if you DO have access to the park beforehand (and AP, regular day ticket or 25 buck ticket) then I do not see any reason not to get there early and use the Stay and Scream. Especially if you were planning on being there at opening anyway.

I guess I'm just confused on getting there early. We're AP holders and will be at Royal Pacific. I figured we'd be at the park during the day anyways. So the park closes at 5:00, and then we just go stand in a line somewhere waiting for the party to start?

I guess I'm just confused on getting there early. We're AP holders and will be at Royal Pacific. I figured we'd be at the park during the day anyways. So the park closes at 5:00, and then we just go stand in a line somewhere waiting for the party to start?

As long as you are in the park before it closes you are good. Since you are staying onsite at RPR you can do some park time that day then go back and enjoy your pool at the resort and rest up and then head back to the park before it closes.

There is a lot of walking to the houses. So a nice break before the start of HHN that evening is highly recommended.

I haven’t seen a map of where exactly all the houses are going to be yet, but you could go to the designated Stay and Scream area for the houses you want to hit first.

This will be the first HHN for my son and I (excited beyond belief). We will be staying at RPR and I did buy park tickets so we could be in the park for stay and scream. I got the ROF w/express passes. I thought I read somewhere that before you go to the holding area you have to get a wristband for the stay and scream before entering the holding area...is this true and if so where do we go to get them? Thanks so much! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter