"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would do the 1st one... its gonna be packed.. leave the end party to hit everything you dodnt get to at the 1st one.. and who knows.. you may love it so much you may wanna book it for the end party too !!! ;)

That's what I was thinking with it being packed!!!! Unfortunately, I really didn't think of how busy that party will probably be until after I purchased. And maybe we will love it so much that we will do it again... if available.
Thank you for your input :)

I booked for our party. We are going Dec 20th. We have a 4:20 BOG so figured we would mosey down around 10 for some snacks. We watched the parade during the day on Christmas Eve from the flagpole but want to see it at night with snow and I do not want to sit and stake out a spot. We saw the fireworks last year from the reserved spot and are not concerned about those.
We have a 4:20 at BOG on the 20th too :-) I decided to do Tony's at our second party the next night. If we catch the 8:30 parade on the 20th I'll immediately cancel Tony's for the 21st with minutes to spare lol. I'm hoping I won't need it since my 5 and 7 year old really won't eat much .

We are going to the Dec 2 party too. I haven't decided to do the Tony's party yet. Our Liberty Tree Tavern ADR isn't until 5:00 so I'm not sure the food at Tony's would be a benefit for us. I could cancel LTT and use that dining credit someplace else though. Hmmmm I want to think on that.
I will be at the Dec 2 party but am not going to do the extra parties. I just plan to enjoy things as I can

We are booked for Dec 2nd. Already have res for Tony's at 6 pm so I don't think we will be doing the Tony's Christmas party! Looking forward to hearing all about it!

@monique5 thank you for keeping all of this info up to date!!! It's been such a huge help in our planning!

:yay::yay:We're heading to MVMCP on Nov. 16th:yay::yay:

Like a lot of PP, we're on the fence about Tony's. Like @MIAMouseketeer and others said, we would do it in a heartbeat if it were the early parade, but it is highly unlikely our little guys will make it to the later one. DW and I may send the kids back to the resort with the grands and have ourselves a Christmassy DAH-ish date!

I'm eager to hear the reviews on the Tony's experience!!

:snail::snail::snail:<---What the 15 days till our vacation are going to feel like!

anyone know what time philharmagic closes on the nights of parties? i thought i read it was used as a station during the halloween parties and I didn't know if that was the case for christmas parties too. was hoping to go on it first around 4pm when we arrive. thanks:genie:

Touring Plans say 6pm, so non-party park closing time.

I declined when it was time to process payment. Still on the fence. If meant to be, availability will be there if I decide to cave in. If not, wasn't meant to be and no big deal. We are always in the park until 12:30ish on party nights, getting Magic Shots (fewer PP or no one in your background), walking through shops, sometimes in a character line and walking to the front, and CMs are not rushing you out. Entrance gets backed up due to crowds leaving after midnight stage show (so those people still there too) & just leaving in general, and long lines for Disney transportation, so we are taking a leisurely stroll at that point. So not true on everyone leaving at midnight & having park to self. Just letting you know, and if just statement for humor, that's one way of looking at additional perk.

You know, I was thinking about that - no one gets thrown out at midnight. I'm sure we'll be in the crowded mess at 12:30 anyway. They should have made it 1:00 am.

This is probably a ridiculous question: Are all the shops open during the party? I really like the little ones near the castle (across from castle couture) and the Beauty and the Beast one.

@monique5 thank you for keeping all of this info up to date!!! It's been such a huge help in our planning!

:yay::yay:We're heading to MVMCP on Nov. 16th:yay::yay:

Like a lot of PP, we're on the fence about Tony's. Like @MIAMouseketeer and others said, we would do it in a heartbeat if it were the early parade, but it is highly unlikely our little guys will make it to the later one. DW and I may send the kids back to the resort with the grands and have ourselves a Christmassy DAH-ish date!

I'm eager to hear the reviews on the Tony's experience!!

:snail::snail::snail:<---What the 15 days till our vacation are going to feel like!

It's been great doing this thread the past 2 years. Glad it has helped with your planning. Maybe I'll see you there, going on 11/16 too. Once I decide on what we're wearing, I'll post here. Yep, said no after calling yesterday, but still thinking about it. Just not over the one price for all which makes the DP more than the cost of our MVMCP tickets.

Has the official Disney itenarary guide been posted for 2018 yet?

Are you referring to the Party Map, if so, no. When released or posted by someone on property or someone that shares it, it will be in posted in this thread and then added to Post #1 - Party Map (which is currently listed with notes as a placeholder).

Going on the 20th and have fastpasses lined up for Peter Pan, Big Thunder, and Space Mountain. First time for the party

On the bright side, excited about party and being at WDW for Thanksgiving :goodvibes. I finally had to let go of the woe is my attitude, 1st world problems, since we won't be at WDW for Christmas this year :sad2:. DH finally said no without really saying no:rolleyes1. My issue with our December parties has always been sold out items, so I shouldn't have this problem in 16D. Ha! :santa:

I'm really ready to know about the treats, free and for purchase. Hoping Sandy Claws will be in TST. Curious about Christmas/MVMCP Popcorn bucket. Any new items, inquiring minds want to know? Hoping to have new Magic Shots, the new additions were awesome last year! Definitely ready to see Frozen A Holiday Wish!

Booked CP for our last night after dates were released, added an extra day for this. Going to move some things around to meet Ralph & Vanellope. Going to meet Vampirina (DD10 & I still love Disney Jr. - yes, me!), even though we'll see her at H&V. Excited about H&V Minnie Seasonal Dine! Hoping HS has the Christmas Magic shots this year too. Doing EMM - TSL, so excited when extras days added last week that included our week & get to meet TS characters in Christmas attire without the long waits. Hoping the Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! Dessert Party is as wonderful as last year. Hope they add the holiday parts to the Frozen Sing Along. Plan on getting to DS early enough to meet Santa in the Christmas Tree Trail, or at least get a buzzer for a decent time, 3hr wait last year, umm, no.

What are you excited about? Plans? :santa:
:disrocks:

Last edited:
I caved and booked the Tony's party. It's our only MK day so I don't want to worry about getting a parade spot, plus we can wait to eat until it starts and not worry about taking time out to eat somewhere. Plus the extra 1/2 hour at the end while everyone else has to leave at midnight.

Anyone else going?

I’m going on the 29th :)

Going to move somethings around to meet Ralph & Vanellope.

Doing EMM - TSL, so excited when extras days added last week that included our week & get to meet TS characters in Christmas attire without the long waits.

I pretty much completely reworked my Epcot morning to accommodate Ralph and Vanellope, can't wait to meet them! I am urging my family to go to HS EMH for the sole purpose of getting another Slinky Dog ride in and to meet the characters in holiday attire. The EMM sold out our week before I really considered it. All these additions are great, but really make my brain think hard after we already planned dining and park days so long ago. It is always a puzzle I love to try and solve.

I sadly think I will be cancelling my CP dining package. We have done it in the past and are not really familiar with the narrator on our night. I will probably put that extra money towards some other event and try my luck at standby.

My MVMCP plans are 100% up in the air. I had dining that I thought would work, but am actively searching for new ADRs in the event Jack meets at 4:30 in TST similar to MNSSHP. I feel lazy when I recycle itineraries from one trip to another, but that day worked out so perfectly that I think I am going to have to replicate it.

As I wait for MVMCP news, I am waiting to see if I should purchase all the holiday items in my Shop Parks cart. I am afraid some of it will be gone by the time I get to WDW in December.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter