"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please explain the parade viewing to me. I have never been one to sit and watch a parade at Disney, just not my thing. But the one parade that I have always thought I would do this for is the one for Christmas, at the party I suppose. Now I have never been to a holiday party but had always considered doing a MVMCP at some point. But will people be able to get to see the parade well if they do not purchase the Tony ticket now?

What about the 2nd parade of the night, better chance? I am not going to purchase a Tonys ticket at hard ticket event, so this is out of the question. But if there is no chance of getting to see the parade at a decent view point without purchasing the Tony ticket, I will just never consider purchasing a ticket to the MVMCP.

I can't comment on viewing the parade, since this is my first MVMCP. I have been to MNSSHP. It was the last one of last year. We watched the halloween parade from in front of the train station. It was the first one. I have also seen the xmas parade when it's running during the day after the last xmas party. I am not one to watch most of the parades. In fact, I don't like most of them. I don't think I have ever fully watched Festival of Fantasy. However, the Halloween and Xmas parades are not to be missed. They are worth waiting a bit, maybe about 30 minutes. Since the Tony's thing is new, it's hard to say. However, it seems they will only be reserving the flagpole area. There are lots of other places to see the parade. Everything I have heard is that the 2nd parade has much more availability. We definitely saw that on our MNSSHP party night. The 2nd parade seemed "dead" compared to the first. The Tony's viewing is during the 2nd parade. One caveat is that the crowds have seemed worse at MNSSHP this year. They may be letting more people into the parties, so that may change the dynamics some. I wouldn't miss the parade though.

I am attending MVMCP with my family in December. The date we are going a few weeks ago was sold out. When I was looking at the December calendar today I noticed all the party dates have now become available. Why is this?
Are you an AP or DVC member? Maybe you had that calendar up and the dates you were interested in are excluded from the discount?

Hi all! I'm having trouble finding the answer to this question...

I am planning to use my package's MYW base ticket to enter DHS on my party day and then my party ticket to enter MK on the same day later on. Is that possible or does it have to be a full MK day? TIA!

I am planning to use my package's MYW base ticket to enter DHS on my party day and then my party ticket to enter MK on the same day later on. Is that possible or does it have to be a full MK day? TIA!

Yes, totally fine. Your MVMCP ticket will allow entry into MK at 4pm (2pm if DVC eligible).

TWO NEW ENTERTAINMENT OFFERINGS COMING TO MICKEY’S VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS PARTY

Disney Junior Jingle Jam

Disney Junior Jingle Jam will be added to the entertainment offerings for the 2018 MVMCP. It will be a dance party that occurs in Storybook Circus. The Halloween version offered the premiere of Vampirina along with Doc McStuffins. There’s no word yet on exactly which characters will appear for the Disney Junior Jingle Jam.

The Edge Effect

The Edge Effect will take the place of VoicePlay for 2018. This The Edge Effect is a popular, Orlando-based acapella act. The group is comprised of Danny Alan, Troy Dolendo, Sean Gerrity, John Gibson II and Karl Hudson. Travelling the world, they strive to prove that singers do not need Autotune and computers to put on a great show for all ages. Their music is as diverse as they are; offering a wide array of styles and showcasing influences that span decades.

https://www.kennythepirate.com/2018/10/28/two-new-entertainment-offerings-coming-to-mickeys-very-merry-christmas-party/

Last edited:

Thats fine just know that you cannot enter MK until 4pm with the MVMCP ticket. There’s a separate entrance, far right, for MVMCP.

Disney wasn't very smart when selling these up-sell parties. The way they've done it, even the person who has no problem paying top dollar for events within events is going to feel Disney's hand reaching into their pocket multiple times and not be happy with it.

They should have sold party ticket packages. Basic package is the admission, Magic Package is admission plus the TT Desert party, Pixie Dust Package is admission plus the Tony's party, and the Scrooge McDuck Package has all of the above.

It does take something that should be as simple as buying a loaf of bread to a new complicated level of white, wheat, whole grain, organic, .... but that's the trend in shopping these days, just look at what they've done to the day passes. Bet we will see this next year.

Does magic kingdom do the jingle Cruise at jungle cruise? Is it all day at the magic kingdom after thanksgiving or is it only at the Christmas party?

And are there any other attractions that get special overlays or add ons at wdw for Christmas?

Does magic kingdom do the jingle Cruise at jungle cruise? Is it all day at the magic kingdom after thanksgiving or is it only at the Christmas party?

And are there any other attractions that get special overlays or add ons at wdw for Christmas?
Jingle Cruise is all day every day.

Jingle Cruise is all day every day.

This! When they announce the turn over date, it will be posted here.

Hrrm... we currently have an ADR for lunch at H&V for Minnie Mouse... seriously considering doing the Tony's party instead, because the parade is one of my top priorities. I've got til tomorrow to decide. I wish it wasn't *quite* so much money.

New to MVMCP...after reading info in first post, still have a question. Are ride attractions open from 6-7 for MVMCP’ers? If yes, without FP? Thanks.

Like others have said, I think I’m going to book Tony’s tomorrow and then wait and see what the reviews come in like. The parade is really what I want to see the most, but as I can’t have gluten, I want to see what the offerings are and how much of it I can actually eat.

I
Hrrm... we currently have an ADR for lunch at H&V for Minnie Mouse... seriously considering doing the Tony's party instead, because the parade is one of my top priorities. I've got til tomorrow to decide. I wish it wasn't *quite* so much money.

I'm on the fence. More pros on Friday, now leaning towards no. Who knows what I'll do tomorrow? o_OParade priority for us too. This Dessert Party would cost more than our party tickets :sad2:. One price for all, no kids cost noted. That's where I had planned on watching from too. Might consider 1st parade if decide again DP.

Did anyone get an Annual Pass discount when they booked Tony's Merriest this morning? I called and they didn't have a discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter