"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

This is my question, too! How can I watch the first parade and still do the dessert party? Two little kids, will do much better with seating for fireworks. Don't want to miss the parade, but probably unable to stay up for the second one. Is there a recommended parade viewing location that will allow us to get to the dessert party in time for treats, after the parade passes? I initially wanted to watch the parade from Frontierland, but I don't see any way to make it all the way back to Tomorrowland, get desserts and watch the fireworks. If we're in the Hub for the first parade, it seems like we could make it easier, but then how long do we have to stake out a spot for the parade in advance? My kids don't do great at night in heavy crowds, my party is on Sept. 28. Pros and cons of first parade plus dessert party (with no parade viewing included) seem to be a challenge for me. Thanks for any input.
If you want to see the first parade AND do the dessert party, you have 2 options, neither of which are great:

1. Watch the parade from Frontierland and show up late for desserts. You’ll have to cut behind the castle to get to the party or you’ll get stuck trying to cross the hub while the parade is passing (yes, I speak from experience here!). You’ll arrive for desserts by 9:45, so will have plenty of time to eat if you have terrace view (but may end up with a table that has a poor view). If you have garden view, you’ll have only about 15 minutes to eat, but can always ask for a to go box with your treats.

2. Check in for the dessert party as soon you’re able (8:30 for garden, 8:45 for terrace), enjoy you desserts for 30 minutes or so then hightail it to the train station for the parade. This area is often the last spot to fill up and you may end up with a first or second row spot. Then hightail it back to the terrace/garden for Hallowishes.

However, both of those options would stress me out! The second parade is really your best option...or skip the dessert party. You should be able to find a spot in the Casey’s garden around 9:45 with no problem. And easy to get there after watching the parade in Frontierland.

If you want to see the first parade AND do the dessert party, you have 2 options, neither of which are great:

1. Watch the parade from Frontierland and show up late for desserts. You’ll have to cut behind the castle to get to the party or you’ll get stuck trying to cross the hub while the parade is passing (yes, I speak from experience here!). You’ll arrive for desserts by 9:45, so will have plenty of time to eat if you have terrace view (but may end up with a table that has a poor view). If you have garden view, you’ll have only about 15 minutes to eat, but can always ask for a to go box with your treats.

2. Check in for the dessert party as soon you’re able (8:30 for garden, 8:45 for terrace), enjoy you desserts for 30 minutes or so then hightail it to the train station for the parade. This area is often the last spot to fill up and you may end up with a first or second row spot. Then hightail it back to the terrace/garden for Hallowishes.

However, both of those options would stress me out! The second parade is really your best option...or skip the dessert party. You should be able to find a spot in the Casey’s garden around 9:45 with no problem. And easy to get there after watching the parade in Frontierland.

Thanks so much! :) Great advice- this gives me a lot to think about re: whether I cancel the dessert party. It certainly sounds stressful to rush to/from the parade and party... I'll have to give some thought to whether DD can make it to the second parade which would be ideal. Too bad they cancelled the parade viewing for those of us who waited to book!

Looking forward to hearing more reports from party goers -- both good and bad -- about the dessert party!

Thank you so much. I really want to try for that second parade, just not sure if the kids can last. This is all the info I was looking for, now decisions, decisions! Much appreciated!!

Is there any info on what merchandise is released at what time? I believe I read that some things are available at different times. Anyone have a list?

Too bad they cancelled the parade viewing for those of us who waited to book!
Honestly, for those that do have the parade viewing, the optiins still suck. We only have option 2 if we want to do the first parade (except we’re running to/from the flagpole instead of the train station)!

I don’t know anything about military tickets, but looking at the post you quoted it looks like you still can. If you look at the second bullet point under Shades of Green it says:

I was told that if you are staying at SOG you can do that. If you aren't they must be purchased in person.

Tuesday August 28th party. Supposed to be third smallest crowds according to touring plans. Family well in front of us were in line at 455 and they finished at 635. We got in line at 610 and were done at 750.

They didn't predict DVC blue card holders being let in at 2pm nor Disney selling more party tickets. Grain of salt. :duck:

Deleted! So sorry again @SnowWhite2000 & @Cluelyss :oops:

Last edited:
Yes, that's what the poster @TISHLOVESDISNEY stated. The link was included if you need to take a look see at it.

Yep, when I checked in at 4:30 I was told we could pick between both parades, and we could come eat at 7:30 as well.
The CM actually tried to persuade me to pick the 2nd, but I wanted 1st. That is when one CM said "Well we open up here at 7:30, so you can always come then if you want".

Unless they change things up going forward :confused3

Honestly, for all the concern about the parade viewing and only being for some, and will it be confusion, it was a breeze...

Yep, when I checked in at 4:30 I was told we could pick between both parades, and we could come eat at 7:30 as well.
The CM actually tried to persuade me to pick the 2nd, but I wanted 1st. That is when one CM said "Well we open up here at 7:30, so you can always come then if you want".

Unless they change things up going forward :confused3

Honestly, for all the concern about the parade viewing and only being for some, and will it be confusion, it was a breeze...

Thank you so much! :goodvibes

I thought we had a choice of which parade to attend?

"Checked in to dessert party. Choice of 1st or 2nd. Can come at 7:30 to eat before parade.
View at flagpole
." Post #6077 :scratchin

But is that option only for people with parade viewing included? @TISHLOVESDISNEY Did you have parade viewing included? I don't. I am obviously a less experienced poster and I cannot seem to link to all the relevant posts. If they let everyone who books the dessert party start eating desserts at 7:30, my problem is solved. The website, which I know is often wrong, only says I can get into the dessert party one hour and a half early, so 8:45, making the first parade a rush, like @Cluelyss notes. This question right here seems to be the crux of the matter. Anyone who did not have parade viewing included want to share their experience of being let into the dessert party at 7:30? Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter