"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

After we are inside, will we want/need to go to the bypass? I think I understand that we will receive our wristbands as we enter, but will then want to go to the bypass to do some photos/get our treat bags.

Since this is our only disney day this time, our main goal is to be doing rides. However I do want to be able to let my son (and me) trick or treat, get some photos, and try to catch the parade/hallowishes. I am considering doing the one day memory maker for the party only, but want to be able to get my moneys worth with it. So thank you all for the list of characters/magic shots! Im trying to work something out of what photo-wise I should aim to get. I would like to get some character M&G as well, but to be honest am not picky on that. As much as I would like Moana, Im not waiting in line for that. I also dont know if my son will end up just crying if we try to meet characters, so dont want to waste too much time in lines in case that happens. Do you have suggestions on characters that have the shortest lines? I think he would most enjoy meeting Mickey/minnie/pluto/etc, but again, Im not too picky. Part of my goal is just to get photos and the other is to see how he does with characters.

If you want to meet characters with a short line, I met Cinderella and Elena of... Avalon? Avatar? wherever she's from... between 6:30 and 7:00 with no wait at all. Just one family ahead of me. They are at their regular spot. They are not there just for the party. They are like a ride -- after the park closes at 6:00 they are still there, but you must show your wristband to get in to see them. You might want to try that as a test to see you your kid does with characters, since it shouldn't take a lot of time.

If you just want pictures and not Magic Shots, remember that the photopass photographers can use your phone or camera, so you don't have to pay for Memory Maker. If you want Magic Shots, you need Memory Maker or a friend with an Annual Pass. If you are connected through Friends and Family with someone who has an Annual Pass, they will see your pictures in their My Disney Experience account and can download them for free.

Most people don't like my suggestion, but I loved watching the fireworks from Frontierland, next to the water, across from Country Bears. I just walked right up and had no one in front of me.

Skip the bypass. I believe it closes at 6:00 anyway. You can get photos elsewhere. You can get candy bags at the trick or treat spots.

Doing the rides is important to you, so what's your plan for dealing with the candy while you are on the rides? Will you have a backpack or something that you put the candy bag in while you ride? Or will you do rides first, then get candy?

If you want to save time, don't go into Starbucks/Main Street Bakery. It's always slow.

If you want to meet characters with a short line, I met Cinderella and Elena of... Avalon? Avatar? wherever she's from... between 6:30 and 7:00 with no wait at all. Just one family ahead of me. They are at their regular spot. They are not there just for the party. They are like a ride -- after the park closes at 6:00 they are still there, but you must show your wristband to get in to see them. You might want to try that as a test to see you your kid does with characters, since it shouldn't take a lot of time.

If you just want pictures and not Magic Shots, remember that the photopass photographers can use your phone or camera, so you don't have to pay for Memory Maker. If you want Magic Shots, you need Memory Maker or a friend with an Annual Pass. If you are connected through Friends and Family with someone who has an Annual Pass, they will see your pictures in their My Disney Experience account and can download them for free.

Most people don't like my suggestion, but I loved watching the fireworks from Frontierland, next to the water, across from Country Bears. I just walked right up and had no one in front of me.

Skip the bypass. I believe it closes at 6:00 anyway. You can get photos elsewhere. You can get candy bags at the trick or treat spots.

Doing the rides is important to you, so what's your plan for dealing with the candy while you are on the rides? Will you have a backpack or something that you put the candy bag in while you ride? Or will you do rides first, then get candy?

If you want to save time, don't go into Starbucks/Main Street Bakery. It's always slow.

Thanks for all the tips! I was trying to look at some character wait times today to get an idea, but figured the rain may have kept people away to make it a not-so-good gauge.

I see that Cinderella, as well as Regular mickey (and other characters) are listed as being available until 5:30. But looking on MDE they are all still meeting right now with 10 minute waits. So I’m guessing it’s like what you said, after 6 it’s party guests only? It seems like these would be good experiences and a good time frame to do it.

We will have a stroller and diaper bag, so can leave candy there when riding. My son won’t be able to do big rides (and some in our party don’t like them) so the candy and he will stay with them if we’re on, say, space mountain

I do think it would be really fun to get magic shots and other special ones, but since I have to purchase the one day photo package once at the party, I can decide based on how good/ how many photos I’m getting too

Last year we watched the fireworks from the line for Moana. Everyone left to watch them from in front of the castle, so we hopped in about 5 families deep and had a fairly short wait. It was great, DD was 5 at the time and was Moana obsessed.

I doubt we'll get very much info due to the rain. Hard to compare a sold out party to a rained out one.

When is the rain supposed to end? It looks like 9 right now. Is that still a wash? Surely they’d be able to do entertainment after that.

Ok I need opinions. We always attend the Thursday night party in September or October but for some reason this year there’s no party on that Thursday of our week in Disney. Our options are Friday September 28th or Sunday September 30th. I know Fridays locals like to attend but then I hear Sundays are pretty packed too...anyone attend either of these corresponding parties last year or want to just share your opinion???Thanks
I have the same dilemma, only 1 week earlier. Currently trying to decide between 9/21 or 9/23. Both nights would work in our plans, Friday a tiny bit better because we leave Mon 9/24 at 10am, but wouldn't have a problem with being out till 1am the night before.

Looking for some help with the Pooh & Friends M&G. That is the only M&G that we are interested in doing, along with the Parade/FW/Hocus Pocus. Only rides will be PoTC & SM with some ToT in between. We are AP's and will be there before 4pm.

Is it best to just get in line at 6/6:15 and wait till 7, or is there a better? time with a lower wait? I haven't really found any info on their wait time fluctuations throughout the evening.
Thanks!!!

This is the only character we want to see since we are dressing as lilo and stitch. Should we line up at 6:30 or before?
Reports from the first party were that the line started around 5:30. Definitely keep an eye on this during the next few parties to see if that trend continues.

Looking for some help with the Pooh & Friends M&G. That is the only M&G that we are interested in doing, along with the Parade/FW/Hocus Pocus. Only rides will be PoTC & SM with some ToT in between. We are AP's and will be there before 4pm.

Is it best to just get in line at 6/6:15 and wait till 7, or is there a better? time with a lower wait? I haven't really found any info on their wait time fluctuations throughout the evening.
Thanks!!!
Line up around 6:15 for Pooh to ensure you make it into their first set.

We are planning on being in MK early afternoon the day of our party. The whole family has costumes. Would it be weird to be walking around in them before 4? Should we change into them close to 4? Or would we be ok in them when we arrive at 2:30/3?

I'm worried now. We just bought our tickets for 9/23 with the AP discount, however, our AP's expire a week before our party and we aren't renewing. Based on a post a few pages back, are they really going to charge us the price difference at the gate?

I can't find the pumpkin prop anywhere. I guess it's not a popular prop lol. :confused3 I know for sure I saw it at last year's party though, so maybe someone else has a photo they can share.
I found it along that side entrance when you get your first bag of candy then later in the evening they moved it where the graveyard diggers met.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter