• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
6:00-ish! Great! I'm glad I asked. For some reason, I thought it was 7:00.

Thanks.

7pm if the official stated entry time, but in practice it has been more like 6pm. Small caveat in that you just never know when/if Disney may decide to change procedures. But baring a change, it should be around 6pm.

I really really wish they did this and H2O Glow in November lol
Except there's just about zero chance anyone would want to swim at night in November. Even day time swimming is hit and miss come November.
And unfortunately they'll never do routinely hold DAH in addition to parties. That would just about eliminate any late nights at MK during party season.

We are going on 8/11.

Is it generally easier to get back to your resort at the end of the event by driving or taking the bus?

We are staying at Pop.
I don’t remember anyone saying whether Pop shares busses after this event. It wouldn’t surprise me if they share with AOA but if they share with lots of other resorts it could be a problem.

We will have a car so we can drive if we need to. We have never driven to MK in all our trips, just because we find the buses easier than dealing with ttc parking. But this is our first after hours event so we are willing to drive if people find it easier getting out if you have your own car.

We are going on 8/11.

Is it generally easier to get back to your resort at the end of the event by driving or taking the bus?

We are staying at Pop.
I don’t remember anyone saying whether Pop shares busses after this event. It wouldn’t surprise me if they share with AOA but if they share with lots of other resorts it could be a problem.

We will have a car so we can drive if we need to. We have never driven to MK in all our trips, just because we find the buses easier than dealing with ttc parking. But this is our first after hours event so we are willing to drive if people find it easier getting out if you have your own car.
We are going on 8/11 as well, and staying at AKL. We are thinking about driving instead of waiting for the bus. Of course we still have to wait for the ferry to get back to the TTC and then get to our car. Hmm, maybe waiting for the bus doesn’t sound so bad. :joker:

We are going on 8/11.

We are staying at Pop.

We went on 8/4 and stayed at Pop. My son doesn’t like the ferry and since the monorails aren’t running, he took the bus. He said a pop century bus had just pulled out so he jumped on the AoA bus. So they were definitely separate buses this past Saturday.

Lucky! You are going to be SOOOOOO spoiled by this event. You'll want to do it every trip (assuming of course you'll get the bug and make more trips)

Definitely already have the bug and am plan another trip next year. I cant get enough of everything disney. Love Connecting with walt, the daily fix, and anything on the Dis Unplugged. I'm hooked.

We are going on 8/11.

We are staying at Pop.

We stayed at pop for the 3/1 dah and we shared a bus with AoA. It wasn’t a long wait though

Except there's just about zero chance anyone would want to swim at night in November. Even day time swimming is hit and miss come November.
And unfortunately they'll never do routinely hold DAH in addition to parties. That would just about eliminate any late nights at MK during party season.

Oh definitely, I agree that they won't happen, but I'm just being greedy based on when I'm going lol.

As far as DAH in November, they technically could swing it without any impact to current hours, as there are four Holiday Parties, and only an average of one PM EMH at MK that keeps the park open past 11, so thats 5 nights a week tied up. Technically they could run 1-2 DAH a week and still not impact current hours or parties, and still keep making their extra money. But I do know this is a pipe dream lol.

We have tickets to the 8/30 party. We also have 5 day hoppers. That morning we will be at MK and I have already booked 3 FP. Then we hop to DHS in afternoon for TSL & early dinner at 50'sPT. Will I only be able to book the 3 party FP once we arrive at the event that night or is there a way to have 3 regular ticket FP PLUS 3 party ticket FP on the same day?

We have tickets to the 8/30 party. We also have 5 day hoppers. That morning we will be at MK and I have already booked 3 FP. Then we hop to DHS in afternoon for TSL & early dinner at 50'sPT. Will I only be able to book the 3 party FP once we arrive at the event that night or is there a way to have 3 regular ticket FP PLUS 3 party ticket FP on the same day?
Each MDE account will only allow you to have FP assigned to one park a day for each person, even if you have 2 different types of media for that day.

Each MDE account will only allow you to have FP assigned to one park a day for each person, even if you have 2 different types of media for that day.

So does that mean we will be able to immediately get 3 FP upon entering the party with the DAH tickets? (After we have been using and getting more FP during that day at multiple parks with our regular tickets)

Oh definitely, I agree that they won't happen, but I'm just being greedy based on when I'm going lol.

As far as DAH in November, they technically could swing it without any impact to current hours, as there are four Holiday Parties, and only an average of one PM EMH at MK that keeps the park open past 11, so thats 5 nights a week tied up. Technically they could run 1-2 DAH a week and still not impact current hours or parties, and still keep making their extra money. But I do know this is a pipe dream lol.

I like your dream. I keep thinking, too, that it’s possible to keep this on the schedule. The reality is that with how crowded MK is on a non-party night, doing DAH would be even more valuable.

We are going on 8/11.

We are staying at Pop.

We’re at Pop on 8/4 we got in line at 1:10 for the bus and it didn’t come until almost 1:30 and was standing room only. DS8 fell asleep standing up

So does that mean we will be able to immediately get 3 FP upon entering the party with the DAH tickets? (After we have been using and getting more FP during that day at multiple parks with our regular tickets)
no, you will be able to get a 4th, then use it and get a 5th, etc....or whatever number FP you are up to when you arrive.

We are going on 8/11.

We are staying at Pop.

We are going on 8/11 as well, and staying at AKL. We are thinking about driving instead of waiting for the bus. Of course we still have to wait for the ferry to get back to the TTC and then get to our car. Hmm, maybe waiting for the bus doesn’t sound so bad. :joker:

If I were to go again I would get a Lyft or uber from CR.

We are in the same boat - We are staying at AKL and we are deciding if we should drive or take a Lyft.

If I were to go again I would get a Lyft or uber from CR.
That is what we want to do. I wish Disney would get their transportation right after a late event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter