"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to believe, but at the same time yours do go down so that's kind of interesting.
Yeah, it could be that someone cancelled their ticket (or switched to a different date) and because I was only getting one, I got an earlier number?

I just bought tix for March 1, AP discount. All I got was a bar code and says to go to any ticket window. Does that mean only at TTC? We are staying on property so we wont necessarily be at the TTC. Is there a Will Call at the entrance to MK? I can't say I have ever had the need for it so never really looked.

I just bought tix for March 1, AP discount. All I got was a bar code and says to go to any ticket window. Does that mean only at TTC? We are staying on property so we wont necessarily be at the TTC. Is there a Will Call at the entrance to MK? I can't say I have ever had the need for it so never really looked.
I also have AP and bought ticket for March 1st. I think they put "will call" on the AP so that you have to show ID and valid AP in order to get your ticket with the discount. Some AP's may expire before the date. Last year I had the same.... and went to the ticket window at MK. Had to show ID and AP. The window is just to the right as you get to the tap-stiles. But mine also says anytime after Jan 22 to be able to pick them up, just so happens our arrival date and DAH date are same. Will be checking in then head to MK.

I also have AP and bought ticket for March 1st. I think they put "will call" on the AP so that you have to show ID and valid AP in order to get your ticket with the discount. Some AP's may expire before the date. Last year I had the same.... and went to the ticket window at MK. Had to show ID and AP. The window is just to the right as you get to the tap-stiles. But mine also says anytime after Jan 22 to be able to pick them up, just so happens our arrival date and DAH date are same. Will be checking in then head to MK.

I bought mine with my AP discount, which has since expired. The tickets are loaded in my MDE account and no mention of showing my AP.

I bought mine with my AP discount, which has since expired. The tickets are loaded in my MDE account and no mention of showing my AP.
Hmmmmm?? So you didn't renew? What date are you going to DAH? And it didn't say "will call"? Hopefully you will be ok. You may not have to go to the ticket window....
Maybe someone else with AP can jump in here and let us know if you had "will call"??

I wonder why maybe some say "will call" and others don't??

ps.... and mine is showing in MDE too.

Hmmmmm?? So you didn't renew? What date are you going to DAH? And it didn't say "will call"? Hopefully you will be ok. You may not have to go to the ticket window....
Maybe someone else with AP can jump in here and let us know if you had "will call"??

I have an AP. When I bought our tickets, there were 3 options for ticket delivery: print at home, will call or mail. I selected mail & got hard tickets mailed to me. But they also showed up right away in MDE. Maybe will call is the default if you didn't pick anything?

Has anyone who's been already been received a survey? I remember getting one right after when we went last year and haven't gotten anything yet...

Any news on possible May dates? Read many pages of this great thread and didn't see anything so apologize if it's been posted and I missed it :) Thank you!

Any news on possible May dates? Read many pages of this great thread and didn't see anything so apologize if it's been posted and I missed it :) Thank you!

No inside info or anything, but I highly suspect we’ll only see the Jan-early March dates this year, just like in 2017. I think this event probably works better for Disney from an operations perspective when they can do it during times where 8PM and 9PM park closings are more “normal” - which is generally this time of year.

Of course I could be wrong and Disney decides to do something new, but my gut says this will be it for this year.

Has anyone who's been already been received a survey? I remember getting one right after when we went last year and haven't gotten anything yet...

No but I would like to get one. I'd like to comment on the great event but not happy with the lame 1 fastpass offer for being stuck for 30 minutes!

No rumors on more dates. Most here don't expect to see this extended beyond early March. Those are the only dates offered last year.

No inside info or anything, but I highly suspect we’ll only see the Jan-early March dates this year, just like in 2017. I think this event probably works better for Disney from an operations perspective when they can do it during times where 8PM and 9PM park closings are more “normal” - which is generally this time of year.

Of course I could be wrong and Disney decides to do something new, but my gut says this will be it for this year.
Thank you! Sounds logical to me :) Wishful thinking!

No but I would like to get one. I'd like to comment on the great event but not happy with the lame 1 fastpass offer for being stuck for 30 minutes!

No rumors on more dates. Most here don't expect to see this extended beyond early March. Those are the only dates offered last year.
Thank you!

We’re going on 2/8! :yay: I’m not worried at all about no longer having an AP. The language mentions nothing about being an AP holder on the date of the event, just when you purchased the tickets. And no one has reported having to show their AP card upon entrance. Plus, an AP holder can purchase tickets for non-AP friends/family.

I’m glad your tickets showed up in MDE!

All right Thursday 2/8 DISers.... your day is two days away! :yay::yay::yay:

A couple of random observations:
  • This is the last of the 8pm-11pm DAH nights
  • Currently the second lowest DIS guest list count of any night (not that that means anything since we’re not an accurate sample set, it’s just interesting to me)
  • Weather is looking pretty good - forecast temp of 66 at 8pm with a low chance of rain
  • Currently not sold out yet, as of this AM (2/6, 8AM)
Have fun folks, I hope everyone has a GREAT night! :cool1:

Roll call!

Thursday, February 8 (8PM-11PM)
@coasternut22
@jaybee1026
@kerreyn
@lizabu
@DisneyGuy
@fstone
@MommaBerd
@hereforthechurros
@Brandilla
@kellyarms20
@April P
@erinscreen
@GMatisse
@Arubaflower
@fitgirlFL
@sky13

I've been following along... thanks everyone for the reports! Hope everyone has a great night on Thursday. We'll be arriving in Orlando Friday afternoon.... looking forward to DAH on the 15th! Last year at DAH every single person we talked to was from Louisiana (Mardi Gras week), so I'm betting on finding lots of my 'neighbors' again.

All the posts about ticket numbers had me curious, so I checked ours. I bought four tickets for 2/15 in December. All I got was an email with a single barcode and confirmation number, and the tickets automatically linked to each person in MDE. I don't remember seeing an option to change the type of ticket, but I guess I missed it.

I checked my ticket numbers for 3/8, bought a couple of weeks ago for DH and I. They are #73 and 74. I then checked my sister's tickets, bought the same day for 3/8 for herself and her DH. Hers are 73 and 74 also...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter