• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2017 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend!

tink%205_zpsp4higmdn.jpg

Who is doing the Treasure Lounge and/or Lunch & Learn?

I am attempting the Tink after 11 years off Disney races due to health problems. My sister is joining me for her first ever half marathon. We are staying at Paradise Pier so have only to walk to start line.

Our goals are starting the Tink. If we can- we will finish the Tink 3 1/2 hours later.

I really want the medal! The challenge medal is even better but no chance of that for me this year.

It turns out that tight muscles are the side effects for two of my daily medications. Tight muscles equal plantar faschiitis for me so have had to be really careful training.

Who is doing the Treasure Lounge and/or Lunch & Learn?
I am really considering the Treasure lounge! Does anyone know if I can pick up my 5k bibs at the lounge or will I need to go to regular pick up for that? And will the photopass include all the pics I get taken in the park before and after race day? I'm getting so excited!!

I'M SO MANY POSTS BEHIND!

Moved a friend from Florida to Washington (we drove cross country with her cat and her stuff piled into a Prius... I do not recommend the Prius for such things, lol) back in early April and then hit the ground running with work when I got back home to California. Haven't paused since then.

I have so much to do before I leave and I gave up an entire day yesterday to get my hair regrowth rebleached. But my hair is Tink and birthday fabulous so I'm happy with it. I still have so much work on costumes to do, though. Plus I'm doing a makeup class (stage) at a private high school this week not to mention regular work... WHERE DID THE TIME GO D: ?! I still have to pack in there somewhere too! Oh, and I agreed to dog sit this weekend so I've got a little shadow I'm having to protect from my cat because she's more jealous than usual of him.

I'll probably not get a chance to catch up on posts until I'm driving on Thursday at ridiculous o'thirty, but I wanted to poke my head in and freak out with people who will understand <3

Oh, I'm also semi freaking out because I was invited to dine somewhere very special and I'm dedicating time to making sure I will not embarrass anyone either from dressing wrong or not knowing the proper etiquette. :cloud9:

I'm so excited for next weekend, but I'm also so not ready!

So I haven't been on this thread in like a month or two. What can I say unexpected life happens!! But I'm back!! And better late than never lol I just started to work on my outfit for half. I leave Thursday morning hope I can get it done! I do my best work sometimes on deadline. I had an idea this morning. I wasn't going to do wings but I decided to make some and sew them into my outfit. So I digitized my own wings on my embroidery software and uses some iridescent fabric and metallic gold thread and think they turned out cute! They are not full size. They are tink mini wings lol
IMG_5248_zpst3hzh1jb.jpg

So I haven't been on this thread in like a month or two. What can I say unexpected life happens!! But I'm back!! And better late than never lol I just started to work on my outfit for half. I leave Thursday morning hope I can get it done! I do my best work sometimes on deadline. I had an idea this morning. I wasn't going to do wings but I decided to make some and sew them into my outfit. So I digitized my own wings on my embroidery software and uses some iridescent fabric and metallic gold thread and think they turned out cute! They are not full size. They are tink mini wings lol
IMG_5248_zpst3hzh1jb.jpg

Wow, you are so talented!

So I know I've read that people have signed up for the next year's races physically at the Expos...is that at the runDisney Headquarters at the Expo?

I was going to try it and wasn't sure.

IMG_5248_zpst3hzh1jb.jpg

Those wings are wonderful!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter