• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2017 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend!

True, but it's SO much easier at Disneyland to just roll out of bed and head to the corrals.

I'm undecided on the 5ak just because I don't know if it's REALLY worth it, cost-wise and tiredness-wise. I was spent that afternoon, and I thought the on-course entertainment was light for that race. Just not sure yet.

This. Is so true. Doing the 5K at Princess was great to use as a training run, but having to get up so early sort of screwed me up the rest of the day. Not sure if I will do the 5K or not at Disneyland simply because I've never been there and I don't know if I'll do it again anytime soon .

However, please put me down for Pixie Dust Challenge 2017, I'm also going for my pink C2C!

This. Is so true. Doing the 5K at Princess was great to use as a training run, but having to get up so early sort of screwed me up the rest of the day. Not sure if I will do the 5K or not at Disneyland simply because I've never been there and I don't know if I'll do it again anytime soon .

However, please put me down for Pixie Dust Challenge 2017, I'm also going for my pink C2C!
I'm still decided on the 5Ks for both weekends. :confused3 I've run the WDW 5K course 3 times now, but they DO seem to have decent entertainment during that race...

Depending on the suggested Princess theme (ie: if I like said princess), I'll probably do the 5K because the plastic medal are usually pretty cute. Definitely not doing them out here again - $80 too expensive for a 330am wake up call.

I just realized that I am going for all Coast to Coast medals next year. YAY!

Im in for the PDC! This will be my first Coast to Coast, first trip to Disneyland and my birthday weekend. I want that Pink C2C medal! Toyed with the idea of adding on the 5k which falls on my birthday but since the "medal" isnt metal I'll pass and spend my birthday in the parks! :)

Depending on the suggested Princess theme (ie: if I like said princess), I'll probably do the 5K because the plastic medal are usually pretty cute. Definitely not doing them out here again - $80 too expensive for a 330am wake up call.

I just realized that I am going for all Coast to Coast medals next year. YAY!

Dear past self -- your future self signed up for the 5K race without knowing the Princess theme because you're a moron and just can't let enough alone. :rotfl:

Love, Me.

My 15 year old dd is hoping to the PDC this year if the weekend stays Tink themed. She did her first 10k in 2015 at the Tink weekend and her first 1/2 in 2016 once again at the Tink weekend. She thinks its a good tradition to continue and have her first Challenge be at Tink.

She's going a little run crazy and has signed up for the DL January Star Wars and just this am for the Princess 1/2 marathons as she really wants the coast to coast medals. I let her do it this year as she'll only be a sophomore. She'll be too busy for us to travel to WDW during the school year for her Jr & Sr years in school.

Hi All,

I am hoping to be in for the 10K. I have never done a Think event before. I would love to do the challenge but need to be home by Mother's Day next year. I look forward to following this thread!

I am so excited to actually run at Disneyland and see the park before official opening. I am training now and will run my first 5K on August 20th. I plan to register for the NeverLand 5K. I hope it stays as a Tinker Bell theme as I am partial to that story.

So this is what I'm thinking about and it may be insane, but I'm willing to go to insane measures for my obsessions.
Friday May 5th:
Drive from Chicago to Ohio with hubby and kiddo for Flying pig weekend, Cincinatti, OH. Do the night-time Little Kings 1-miler with my Aunt & family (fun run, has chili dogs and beer at the end)
Sunday May 7th: Marathon Relay with family...I'd be running one of the legs that range from 5.16 to 7.67 miles. All contingent on getting 4 people to do this with me! I've got my husband roped in...now I need two more suckers from my pool of family/friends. If this falls through I'd probably just run the Sat 5k.
Drive home late Sunday or early Monday.
THEN
Following weekend jet off solo or with my sister or mom or some combo to run the Pixie Dust Challenge. OR the 5k and the half. But not all three. Unless I do all three.

I've never ran a half before. 10 mile will be the longest by that point for races, but I'd train all spring.

Crazy? It's not like I wouldn't be running the weekend before Tink anyways with regular training.

Enable me please!

I forgot to ask...I'm having a hard time finding the exact date non-AP registration starts for Tink weekend. Anyone have that handy?

Edited to say, never-mind I found it on page one...9/20!

Last edited:
@roxymama come to the dark side...we have bling.

::yes::

Ahhhhh....I know!!!!

The idea of walking to and from the races and then so much run time inside parks, plus the nostalgia of DL and I have airline points and I could stay cheaper than all our grand WDW deluxe vacays. Ack...want.

My mom and I are going to do the Pixie Dust Challenge and it will complete our Coast to Coast! Not sure about the 5k - we're doing it at Princess, so we might add it in for this weekend too.

I've never ran a half before. 10 mile will be the longest by that point for races, but I'd train all spring.
FWIW (which is maybe not much :upsidedow), I wanted to expand more on this...

In my opinion, if you train well for a half marathon, you should be trained well enough to do the PDC. The training plan that I'm likely going to use has me doing a 5-miler and a 12-miler the week before PDC...I'd think any other good training plan would get you to a similar point.

I think the biggest challenge of having your first half be part of a challenge is going to be mental more than physical (again, assuming that you train well). It may make it more intimidating to go into the weekend not having done 13.1 yet and knowing you need to do the 10K first. But if you train smart and are smart about how you tackle the weekend as a whole (eat well, hydrate a lot, don't be on your feet too much - which I find way tougher at DL compared to WDW since you can walk everywhere), you should be good. Rah rah rah! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter