"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted a weather WARNING on my thread for late October peeps and thought I should do the same here;

Looking at the 10 Day forecast in Orlando it looks pretty chilly at night on October 25 & 26 and could go into the remaining month. I realize the weather can/will change so keep an eye on it and plan and dress accordingly.
64°/63° temps are nothing to scoff at especially for children and the elderly so bring a sweater or get in line to purchase an overpriced sweatshirt at the parks! :flower3:

Link to Orlando Weather: https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USFL0372:1:US
Cold??? This is normal for us Ohio peeps!!!

Temperatures in the 60's or less feel colder than the equivalent temperature in Ohio. I've lived in Florida many years but routinely travel to Ohio to see family. That being said, when temps are in the 60's there are plenty of (probably northern) people walking around in shorts and tshirts while southeners bundle up.

Cold??? This is normal for us Ohio peeps!!!

You realize I'm specifically talking about party goers who dress their little ones in lightweight costumes as shown below. Again these cooler temps along with humidity make you feel much colder at night.
upload_2017-10-13_16-42-9.png

If I had a daughter and she wore a dress like this I would most certainly pack a woolen shawl, caplet or sweater to go along with the outfit. I can stand cooler temps but I wouldn't force my child or elderly parent to. :flower3:

Can anyone tell me how long the line was for Jack and Sally if you wait at 4pm? What time do they come out? And if anyone knows how long the line was later in the night? That is really the only M&G we care about but I don't want to waste to much time. Want to do the second parade, wondering do you have any time to do any thing after wards? or are they closing up and kicking ya out? Thanks for the info! Going this Sunday if that helps with wait times.

Anyone else going resort character hunting on Halloween?

Just wondering if anyone wants to pool resources and share info.

We did this a few years ago and it was a lot of fun. We found a few other groups who were also character hunting and we exchanged info so we could let each other know which characters were at which resorts.

Right now I'm running into an issue where only a few resorts seem to have Halloween activities times on their event guides.

You realize I'm specifically talking about party goers who dress their little ones in lightweight costumes as shown below. Again these cooler temps along with humidity make you feel much colder at night.
View attachment 276801

If I had a daughter and she wore a dress like this I would most certainly pack a woolen shawl, caplet or sweater to go along with the outfit. I can stand cooler temps but I wouldn't force my child or elderly parent to. :flower3:
I would bundle up my child also.

We were there in late October in 2014 -nights definitely got cool. Sunny and warm enough for swimming during day, at night we still wore shorts, but long sleeve tops or light jackets were needed.

Felt nice actually and hoping for the same beautiful weather we enjoyed last time. :)

Just flipped back through the last few days since Friday and didn’t see this mentioned. Did anyone else see the Pirate Ship float break down during the first parade at the 10/6 party?

Yes, we were there! DH had a perfect spot on Main Street for pictures but the parade never happened. We saw the Pirates ship during the Hocus Pocus show and HalloWishes but didn't see how they moved it out. I think that made the second parade busier then usual.

Yes, we were there! DH had a perfect spot on Main Street for pictures but the parade never happened. We saw the Pirates ship during the Hocus Pocus show and HalloWishes but didn't see how they moved it out. I think that made the second parade busier then usual.

Ha! We were probably near you. We were sitting in front of the Emporium close to the corner.

When we first saw the Pirate ship on the side of the road after the parade I was worried it had maybe run off the road and hit people - it was up against the curb at a very odd angle, almost like a crash.

Frankly I was surprised when I saw the Pirate ship running normally during parade #2!

Anyone else going resort character hunting on Halloween?

Just wondering if anyone wants to pool resources and share info.

We did this a few years ago and it was a lot of fun. We found a few other groups who were also character hunting and we exchanged info so we could let each other know which characters were at which resorts.

Right now I'm running into an issue where only a few resorts seem to have Halloween activities times on their event guides.

We are planning to do so also!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter