"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post #1 will be updated after the 1st party when this info is reported. You can refer to the 2016 Thread for last year's info.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...y-halloween-party-trick-or-treat-fun.3484819/
What T-o-Ts are offered, Food Allergy info, then link to Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party: An Allergy Friendly #NotSoScary

https://onthegoinmco.com/2016/09/05/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-allergy-friendly

Hope this helps.

This is from the map last year:

View attachment 230744

Thanks for adding that! Also note what was offered last year can be different for this year, we'll see as soon as DISers begin posting or if a website has specific info.

What was new for 2016 MNSSHP were the teal bags and tokens. I think Disney has come along way in helping those with allergies!

The link shows pictures of what was actually offered.

So we will be there the week of sept 25th-30th. Leaving on Oct 1st. Trying to decide on which night to go. Either the 26th or the 29th. Tuesday would seem to be less crowded then a Friday. What have you seen in the past?

@oceanmarina and @KAT4DISNEY
Fastpass end time on party nights was 6:30pm anyone who had a 7pm end time was cancelled.
so you're FP would look like this:
3:30 - 4:30
4:30 - 5:30
5:30 - 6:30

EDIT: This information can also be found on Page 1
Are FP+ Reservations available during the party?
  • No, there are no FP+ reservations in the park after the 7 p.m. start of the party. You can, however, make FP+ reservations using your party ticket for the 4-6:30pm time period (FP+ Selections should be booked between 3:30-6:30pm), before the party officially begins. The good news is that most attraction lines will be short enough during the party that you won’t miss FP+ reservations much.

Perfect, thanks so much for the info! :D

I found my luggage weight at Kohl's. I brought home 10 pounds of candy from one party night. I put it in my suitcase but with all I had in there the luggage weight was very handy. As for what to bring to use for trick or treating is when Walmart comes out with their Halloween items, they will sell drawstring bags for 2.00 I brought 2 of these with me and still had plenty of room with all my candy though it does get heavy quickly. The best times to get candy is during the parade and fireworks because people are busy with that. This is where you need two parties to attend.

We're gonna try doing 2 parties this year, the first being thur 26th Oct.
Which other date do you think is best to do the party 27th, 29th or 1st Nov?

Last edited:
Do you have a link?

oops! so sorry here is the link;

https://www.amazon.com/Luggage-Temp...491919405&sr=8-1&keywords=camry+luggage+scale

It has a pretty high rating on Amazon and is cheaper than some of the other versions, like I said this thing has been going strong for YEARS so I highly recommend it. It saved my annual argument with DH at the airport (when the night before he was warning me that my suitcase was going over) and we would have to shuffle stuff to other suitcases on the check-in line. So now my suitcase is always under and I don't have to hear him say, "I told you you were 3 pounds over." :P

REALLY hoping that tickets go on sale soon (or they announce when they are going on sale). I was on the phone with WDW Dining Reservations trying to find out if there will be a special HalloWishes Fireworks Dessert Party on 10/6 so that we can do that *and* MNSSHP she said she thought there would be, but couldn't see that far in her system. UGH! I'm so excited for our trip!!!!!!!

Last edited:
oops! so sorry here is the link;

https://www.amazon.com/Luggage-Temp...491919405&sr=8-1&keywords=camry+luggage+scale

It has a pretty high rating on Amazon and is cheaper than some of the other versions, like I said this thing has been going strong for YEARS so I highly recommend it. It saved my annual argument with DH at the airport (when the night before he was warning me that my suitcase was going over) and we would have to shuffle stuff to other suitcases on the check-in line. So now my suitcase is always under and I don't have to hear him say, "I told you you were 3 pounds over." :P

thank you! last trip daughter was just under 50 lbs so i would lift her and then suitcase to see if they were about the same. i was pretty close too! :lmao:

Hi, new member here! Been lurking for a couple of weeks and I'd love some input on our first mnsshp this year.
We are planning to go Halloween night, I'm expecting it to be busy of course but I'd love to hear any of your experiences going the 31st. I'm not planning to do and see everything but I've got a tentative plan for night, I'll get a better idea once parties have started and times are released for parades and such but so far:

-Be at the gate at 3 and get thru security as quick as possible.
-Go to monster inc laugh floor (we will be dressed in monster inc costumes and we never had a chance to see this on our last trip in may 2016 so it's a must)
-Head to Jack and Sally line
After that the parade and castle shows are a priority. I figure trick or treating can be done here and there as we are walking around, or if we are in a long line I could possibly take DD to a ToT spot real quick while my husband waits (is that frowned upon?)
We are planning to stay until park closes so I'm hoping we can squeeze in a couple quick rides, and my daughter would love to meet Elena, Mickey or Minnie in their Halloween attire, and Buzz and Lotso (if they will be there again)

Also, I saw a post that mentioned a lot of the party merch is gone by the last few parties, is that true?...I was hoping to at least get party t shirts for the three of us.

Thank you in advance for any help!

We're gonna try doing 2 parties this year, the first being thur 26th Oct.
Which other date do you think is best to do the party 27th, 29th or 1st Nov?

I normally don't answer these types of questions for September party dates because we only attend during this particular time frame and I have no clue what September feels like crowd wise We'll arrive on Oct. 26th and depart on Nov. 1st.
I can see your dilemma with those remaining dates, certainly the 26th sounds great, I'm not sure if I would do 2 parties back to back. I would probably pencil in the 29th and if you get bad weather on one of your party nights at least you could attend Nov. 1st.

Hi, new member here! Been lurking for a couple of weeks and I'd love some input on our first mnsshp this year.
We are planning to go Halloween night, I'm expecting it to be busy of course but I'd love to hear any of your experiences going the 31st. I'm not planning to do and see everything but I've got a tentative plan for night, I'll get a better idea once parties have started and times are released for parades and such but so far:

-Be at the gate at 3 and get thru security as quick as possible.
-Go to monster inc laugh floor (we will be dressed in monster inc costumes and we never had a chance to see this on our last trip in may 2016 so it's a must)
-Head to Jack and Sally line
After that the parade and castle shows are a priority. I figure trick or treating can be done here and there as we are walking around, or if we are in a long line I could possibly take DD to a ToT spot real quick while my husband waits (is that frowned upon?)
We are planning to stay until park closes so I'm hoping we can squeeze in a couple quick rides, and my daughter would love to meet Elena, Mickey or Minnie in their Halloween attire, and Buzz and Lotso (if they will be there again)

Also, I saw a post that mentioned a lot of the party merch is gone by the last few parties, is that true?...I was hoping to at least get party t shirts for the three of us.

Thank you in advance for any help!
:welcome: to the party!

Wow, you've come prepared! I would move Monster Inc. to later in the party, J&S should be your first priority.
Everything else sounds perfect! As far as Event Specific Merchandise, in my experience they are usually gone. Someone once posted they found some on the Disney App a month later.

Edit: Event Specific Merchandise should be your second priority.

Last edited:
I normally don't answer these types of questions for September party dates because we only attend during this particular time frame and I have no clue what September feels like crowd wise We'll arrive on Oct. 26th and depart on Nov. 1st.
I can see your dilemma with those remaining dates, certainly the 26th sounds great, I'm not sure if I would do 2 parties back to back. I would probably pencil in the 29th and if you get bad weather on one of your party nights at least you could attend Nov. 1st.
Thank you - 2 parties in October, I can't wait now.

@acln If there is something that you really want you could get a personal shopper. I do know a fellow DISer who has helped me out if your interested PM me and I'll get the information to you.

Last edited:
Thank you! That's a bummer about the merch but it's not too surprising. We are going to spend a couple hours at Disney springs for lunch and shopping before heading to MK, so maybe I could find some 'regular' Halloween souvenirs there and see what happens at the party.

Thank you! That's a bummer about the merch but it's not too surprising. We are going to spend a couple hours at Disney springs for lunch and shopping before heading to MK, so maybe I could find some 'regular' Halloween souvenirs there and see what happens at the party.

It's usually the T-shirts like Small & Medium that are gone. Some have found Extra Large. But yes, I would still check it out. If it's really important to you get a Personal Shopper:flower3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter