******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year we had the free dining package at a moderate. It cost us $3650. The same package this year is over $6000. So, we decided to go with a value and upgrade the dining. There is nothing available for our dates....And, I was up at 4:00am on drop day.
That's terrible! What are your dates?

Just cancelled one of our standard rooms at CBR for 11/25 to 11/30. We decided to squish into two rooms, lol. But, I don't see it back in inventory yet. Maybe tomorrow morning it will show up?

Does anyone remember if there was a significant amount of FD rooms released after the first day, last year? Anything for value? This promotion goes through July 7th.

I seem to remember more availability opening up last year. In Canada we had until end of August to book and I think I ended up getting a standard room at CBR in July after having a preferred for a long time. I remember as well that standard rooms were available for at least a few days after we found ours.

Can someone explain or link me to a list of what is considered a snack on the QS dining plan. I've seen the list on the Disney site, but I want to make sure I don't miss anything that is included. Thanks!

Things like: Mickey Pretzel, Ice creams, popcorn scoop, a drink, cupcake, cookie, starbucks drink ;) (I hope these are still included!) Anywhere you go for a snack there will be a little icon next to an item on the menu indicating if it's eligible for a snack credit.

Can someone explain or link me to a list of what is considered a snack on the QS dining plan. I've seen the list on the Disney site, but I want to make sure I don't miss anything that is included. Thanks!

Things like: Mickey Pretzel, Ice creams, popcorn scoop, a drink, cupcake, cookie, starbucks drink ;) (I hope these are still included!) Anywhere you go for a snack there will be a little icon next to an item on the menu indicating if it's eligible for a snack credit. Pretty sure Dole Whips are included though I've been 5 times and never had one..

Does anyone remember if there was a significant amount of FD rooms released after the first day, last year? Anything for value? This promotion goes through July 7th.
Last year it felt like they got released in waves, about one week and then three weeks after FD dropped. The FD packages are not like restaurant ADR's. When people cancel their FD packages, they don't automatically become available again immediately. I think they get saved up and rereleased in large bunches.

We were looking at 14 nights Nov 25-Dec 9. Got music FD right at drop but I have not seen anything else for these dates in the value range. Moderates had very little as well (seen nothing for CBR or CSR). Really though, there was nothing for CBR or CSR for months even before the FD drop. We were not really thrilled about music so ended up taking a standard room at AKL. This added a lot of cost to the trip (especially with the Canadian exchange rate) but it did give us the full DDP. We are excited about the trip but I do wonder what the future holds for this promotion. Seems really limited this year compared to other years...

I saw it open up for Dec dates but nothing past nov 25-4 for those dates. I have FD for 10 nights mid dec with the CBR gift cards so guess we will stick with those dates

If you plan to attend the Food & Wine Festival, most of the items at the food booths are snack credits.

Sorry everyone! With FD pkg, cast member said two day hopper must be used during FD pkg. I thought if it wasn't activated, you could save t for a future use?

Hey hoping someone on this thread can help me. I've asked this question on the ticket thread and no one answered.

I have a FD package for 5 nights. We extended our stay by 1 day at the beginning but was unable to get FD for our resort ASMu, or any other value, for that night, so we booked a room only discount at ASMu for the first night.

Am I able to activate my tickets on my check-in day or do I have to wait until the next day when my FD package starts? I figured my FD credits won't be accessible until day 2 of my trip but was unsure about the park tickets.

Thanks for any input!:)

Hey hoping someone on this thread can help me. I've asked this question on the ticket thread and no one answered.

I have a FD package for 5 nights. We extended our stay by 1 day at the beginning but was unable to get FD for our resort ASMu, or any other value, for that night, so we booked a room only discount at ASMu for the first night.

Am I able to activate my tickets on my check-in day or do I have to wait until the next day when my FD package starts? I figured my FD credits won't be accessible until day 2 of my trip but was unsure about the park tickets.

Thanks for any input!:)
You can go to Guest Services outside of the park your 1st day and they will activate your tickets early for you. You won't be able to make any Fast Passes for that 1st day ahead of time, but you can do it after they activate your tickets.

You can go to Guest Services outside of the park your 1st day and they will activate your tickets early for you. You won't be able to make any Fast Passes for that 1st day ahead of time, but you can do it after they activate your tickets.

You can also have them activated at your resort when you check in if that is more convenient.

Getting ready to cancel a standard room at Pop with FD for Nov 26- Dec 1. Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone still trying.

I'm still trying to figure out how hard I should try to convince my DH for a quick 4 night trip in Aug to take advantage of some free dining. The package is such a great deal but flights are sooo expensive! They're almost as much as the FD package! What are the chances of them going down at all? We fly out of Providence.
try Southwest. I was able to find 1 way tickets for $93 from NYC to MCO

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter