• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
For people who booked a new reservation and then canceled your existing one, did you see multiple charges on your card? I'm on hold now with Disney to check but there's 3 charges for the 200.00 deposit all with the same reference number. :confused3
I BETTergo check my
Does anyone know if accessible rooms with king beds exist at ASSp? Touring Plans shows yes but phone CM said it doesnt exist because all rooms at Sports are (2) double beds.

I would ask over on the DIsability thread and I believe there is a special number you can call to book HA rooms

Does anyone know if accessible rooms with king beds exist at ASSp? Touring Plans shows yes but phone CM said it doesnt exist because all rooms at Sports are (2) double beds.

Phone CM may be new. They can check by room type. They probably checked standard and preferred, without checking the accessible rooms.

Last edited:
I'm going 9/9 - 9/17 at CBR. We actually have bounceback from last year's free dining, so I have the regular plan and $75.00 gift card. I usually go that week, the crowds are decent as most kids are in school (except mine lol). I don't worry about the hurricane probability, it's hurricane season half the year in Florida and it's not like they don't hit New Jersey too. The heat and humidity don't bother me too much, after dealing with the hot summer here, I'm still ready to deal with more heat and humidity. If i was coming from a cooler or drier climate though, it might bother me more.

Can you try to make new ADR's and see what's available before committing to losing the ones you have. I don't know if you can get BOG dinner right now, although I think lunch might still be an option for early September.
Everything I had I can get but BOG. We are from Illinois so humid here and we are used to it. its not so much the heat that im worried about.

Did anybody actually get WL for Free Dining? I had a package booked there before it came out, but had to move to POR-Royal Room to get FD. I have been checking, but it never shows as available. I haven't stayed at POR since it was Dixie Landings, as our preferred Mod is POFQ. I still have a faint hope that FD might pop up for WL, and I even called, but no dice. I am just curious if anyone else was luckier than I.

I'm not going to complain, because I am thrilled to be going for 8D/7N, but I am still a bit sad not to be able to stay at my fave resort. First World problem I guess! :rolleyes1

Yes, Sports DOES have accessible rooms with king beds! We have stayed in one before that had a roll-in shower. Sometimes CMs don't always have the full story, so don't be shy about asking to speak to a supervisor.

Case in point - I finally got through on the reservation line last night, and the CM who answered said that ALL my dates had to be within the free dining guidelines to get FD, not just my arrival date. But because of this great thread (!!) I knew otherwise, so politely asked to speak to a supervisor. Yes, it was an additional hour's wait, but worth it. I could not find an accessible room with free dining for my dates when looking online, but the supervisor was able to change things around to get me one. In fact, she found it at Sports - and it has a king bed. :)

Did anybody actually get WL for Free Dining? I had a package booked there before it came out, but had to move to POR-Royal Room to get FD. I have been checking, but it never shows as available. I haven't stayed at POR since it was Dixie Landings, as our preferred Mod is POFQ. I still have a faint hope that FD might pop up for WL, and I even called, but no dice. I am just curious if anyone else was luckier than I.

I'm not going to complain, because I am thrilled to be going for 8D/7N, but I am still a bit sad not to be able to stay at my fave resort. First World problem I guess! :rolleyes1

Yes I had a standard room booked August 24-29 and was able to convert to free dining via the internet and the change reservation button.

Keep trying I hear people are getting lucky With other resorts. I have been trying to add a day at WL and have had zero luck.

Wanted to add I love POR and that might be my favorite resort so I am sure you will love it!

Lurker here, but I did. We were booked in 2 standard view rooms. Checked shortly after when FD came out and nothing. Checked again at 6:15 central and found courtyard view available. We upgraded both reservations, but had to make new reservations and cancel the old. Had to pay the increased ticket prices and increase in room, but saved about $262 for us (2 adults, 1 child, 1 infant), and about $200 for my parents. Still waiting for my refund to process, my parents' was processed today.

Call and try and get it! Can't hurt

hopefully they're wrong. If not, just go with a good plan and you should be fine. According to TP a good plan is more important than crowd levels in getting to experience what you want.

I'm playing catch up. But, I think a good plan is all we can hope for anymore.

Everything I had I can get but BOG. We are from Illinois so humid here and we are used to it. its not so much the heat that im worried about.

With food and wine starting so early, I'm not sure there will be a measure-able difference in crowd levels. We found the crowds to be pretty good last year until Food & Wine started the end of the week. This year with it starting on Labor Day, the crowds will probably start earlier too. If you really want that BOG reservation, I wouldn't change. They seem so hard to get for dinner.

We got standard room WL with Free Dining (Sept 2-10). I couldn't do it or see it online, but my travel agent managed to get it. Might be worth a call. Hope you get it!

Check tomorrow! TA hold rooms should be opening up!!!

Yes I had a standard room booked August 24-29 and was able to convert to free dining via the internet and the change reservation button.

Keep trying I hear people are getting lucky With other resorts. I have been trying to add a day at WL and have had zero luck.

I booked a standard view from 9/3-9/8 with FD. I've been trying to add 2 nights but nothing has popped up. I'm wondering if anyone has been able to book MORE than 5 nights????

We're booked at CBR with FD, and want to upgrade to the standard plan. Can we do that when we arrive or does an upgrade have to be done more than 72 hours before check-in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter