******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's more Disney trying to do away with Free Dining period because it made most sense at the moderate level.
You could be right, but I don't necessarily agree. FD is still an awesome deal for folks staying at Value resorts.

I agree that the old offer pushed people to Moderates as the cost to upgrade the QS plan to the DDP was about the same as the cost to upgrade resort levels from Value to Moderate. Essentially you got Value resort pricing with the DDP while staying in a Moderate. But the Moderate resorts fill themselves now, even during slower times of the year. They need to fill Values and Deluxes during those times of the year. The best way to fill a Deluxe is with a room discount. The best way to fill Values is with dining and/or ticket discount packages since a room discount represents such a small portion of the overall WDW cost.

Will FD end? Maybe. But there will always be some sort of discount better than RO for Values during really slow times of the year. If there is not, those resort rooms will sit empty. Maybe some variation of the SPD offer, or buy 4 nights get 3 free. There will be something.

I would keep checking over the next couple weeks! Don't cancel your reservation yet!

I plan to hold on to it for a while - I have until August to cancel for our September vacation. I REALLY don't want to lose the perfect ADRs we've already booked. We got everything we wanted WHEN we wanted it. We are not foodies at all, but it's nice to get what you really want instead of the cheapskate in my brain saying, "chicken nuggets are only $9.99!" However, paying to stay on property + paying OOP for dining plan may not be worth it. I don't really see us eating at TS meals if we aren't on the plan because the cheapskate brain will always be there - "You could eat Hibachi at home four times for what it costs to eat at Teppan Edo!" We would do one character meal per kid (Mickey for DS, Princesses for DD), but no extras like Teppan Edo or O'Hana.

If I have an annual pass, can I purchase the minimum 2 day hopper and then use my AP for park entry the other days?

Yay!

All of my modifications on the website are now showing up! We're all set! :yay:

Now the wait for flights....those could cause the whole trip to be a bust if prices don't come down. >:(

I got free dining at POP but we might upgrade does anyone know how or when we would have to do this

images

Me finally getting to the hold queue!!

That's really mean to lump all travel agents into this because its simply not true. If you go with an agent who does this full time and for a living, you should have no problem. And most agents will do all the work for you for free with no charge. Booking your dining reservations, answering questions, rate monitoring and getting you the lowest rate, itinerary planning and more. My agent does all of this for me and some more. I can email her at 5am or 1130 at night and I always get an answer within minutes. I can call her toll free number and get answers within minutes to my questions. I had an email from my agent this morning telling me she got me the free dining and that email came in at 6:15am. I had no worries at all. Not all agents are the same. That's the purpose of my comment here
I have to agree with this, and I am a total crazy, control freak. It took everything I could muster to turn my 50th wedding anniversary over to a TA. She was a complete stranger who lives a 1000 miles away; she was highly recommended by relatives and friends of relatives. But we have not been to WDW in 15 years and my how things have changed. On our trip mid-Sept, there will be 5 adults and 2 kids. We are taking our kids and 2 grandkids to WDW as a celebration of our 50th anniversary. First time for grandkids. I decided with all the ADR's and fastpasses and FD, that I would use a TA. We have been to WDW 4 times before, 2 cruises, a 40th anniversary 10 day European trip..never used a TA and all were great trips! However, I chose to use a TA this time, and it has worked great. I still tend to worry and obsess. But she told us to book at least 180 days before our trip, which we did. Bright and early at 180 days she booked 4 character dinings, mama melroses fantasmic pkg, 8:00 ressie at la Hacienda de San angel to watch Illuminations plus a surprise luncheon reservation at BOG( which I did not really know about) plus a BBB ressie for 6 & 8 granddaughters before we go to CRT and got a table for 7 at each restaurant. She emailed me at 5:42 this morning to tell me should got us QSDP applied to our 2 rooms at POP and had upgraded our tickets to PH and our QS to TS per our instructions. In the email, she sent the new greatly reduced invoice for the reservation. So the free dining saved a combination of $1900 on the 2 rooms. So yes, there are really good TA's and some not so good. I am truly sorry for those who had a TA who did not do a good job for you. I too would be very upset! No one is guaranteed free dining, and my TA told me that up front, but if they aren't up trying when it drops..that is inexcusable.

If I have an annual pass, can I purchase the minimum 2 day hopper and then use my AP for park entry the other days?
Yes, you can just purchase the Minimum 2-day Magic Your Way ticket with Park Hopper or Park Hopper Plus Option and use your AP for the rest of your trip. Some people save the 2 day ticket and have them apply the ticket cost to their AP renewal. Hope that helps.

I'm not sure about this, but maybe you can apply the value of the passes included in the package to the renewal price of your APs when the time comes? I'm sure someone else would know whether that is possible.

I could not get Pop but did get free dining on a music suite
My TA was also able to get the Music suite but no pop what so ever.
I am holding my reservation for pop with her deal, and have the music suite for me to modify. I do not know what way I am going now but I will be watching for pop I think.

You can have more than one reservation at the same time. I had an existing reservation, book my two new ones (split stay), waited until I got confirmation emails and then cancelled my original one online. They're refunding the deposit. Could have done it all in one phone call, but didn't want to wait on hold and the site was working fine for me. Long story short, they don't really care if you have more than one reservation at the same time, as long as you pay your deposit.

ok i just had to do a 2nd reservation to take advantage of the disney visa offer. It wasn't showing in my mde and i had a pkg with tix (from disney) So I cancelled the 1st reservation so that will get refunded? I don't have double tix do I?

So I couldn't get anything for my dates at Contemporary. I added two days and I could book it. Garden View. I just tried to edit it to take the two days off and it looks like I will lose the FD deal. If I call can they take it off without me loosing the promotion. Help please!!! I read on here that this might be possible, so I grabbed it, may now I may have to let it go :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter