******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
We already had reservation before the rumored FD at Contemporary Garden Wing Standard View. I was able to change our reservation to include FD but had to select the Garden View room. Everything on our reservations shows correct except the room type. Still showing Standard View. I'm going to wait to see if the system is just being slow to update or if I need to call later.

Looks like POR isn't available at all. I had already booked a room in January waiting for FD. Now I can't get through any WDW line. "Call cannot be completed..."

I have been on hold for a little over a hour was unable to do anything online the page just kept thinking ? The first 20 minutes on the phone was technical difficulties and it hanging up on me. Little annoying and there wasn't any hold music either so I was like OH LORD is this even working lol now the music is atleast working so that's a little more comforting. I am booked at CBR hoping to get the FD. I did hear a rumor that they are only offering Quick service for the moderate?? Anyone know about that?

Yes QS service for moderates.

If you're calling and get the Technical Difficulties message don't hang up! Just wait, you will eventually be taken to 'on hold'. That's where I am right now. I need to modify my dates from my original reservation. UGH! :)

is that for the 407-939-5277?

Got CBR on my own today but it was from result of modifying a different resort.My TA however, holds a ressi I made back in sept and it includes gc.Will I be allowed to transfer todays ressi to the one that I made several months ago and keep gc? Hope this makes sense!
ETA:TODAYS reservation is CBR with FD

I doubt you'll keep the GCs. Technically, you just made a new reservation just like anyone else making a new reservation today. Perhaps your TA will be able to get FD on your existing reservation.

People did report getting it with new reservations. Haven't seen any reports of people getting it by modifying but doesn't mean they didn't.

There was at least one report of someone with an existing standard that got FD and kept the same reservation number, so gets to keep the GCs. But I only saw the one report. I haven't seen any reports of a new reservation getting a standard with FD.

Booked online around 5am, 2 rooms POP standard 12/16-12/21. Had trouble with page saying error but finally it worked.
Sad about POR being excluded for my dates but we love POP also. I will continue to check back to see if preferred rooms open up.
Happy about the freedom of quick service and will pay out of pocket for one table service for grand daughters sweet sixteen which she will celebrate during our stay.

Last edited:
I'm so bummed! Booked through a TA and she didn't find any availability for our week at CBR. We're 4 adults and 2 kids (one's an infant), so we're limited in room options anyway without booking two rooms, so we've found nothing! I guess I start looking offsite today because the cost difference just isn't worth it when you start talking thousands of dollars. Disney may get to keep our $75 gift cards.

Is there any use in checking over and over online? What do you think? Was it a grab and go or will some pop back on here and there throughout the offer time?

I definitely will do my own booking next time, so I can modify myself. I may not have been able to find anything either, but at least I'd have known I tried!

Really bummed about the five night requirement as we can't swing that. Never expected that (maybe I missed a rumor but the ones I kept up with said four nights at last check). Super disappointing.

I called (407) 939-1936 and got the same technical difficulties message. After giving the automated system my current reservation info, I was on hold for 40 minutes with complete silence. I was debating on hanging up then all of a sudden Disney music started blaring into my ear. I am going on an hour and 34 minutes right now. Don't give up!

We booked WL months ago in a standard room for Sept. 3-10. Set an alarm this morning at 4:00 and watched the site until 5:00. I woke back up at 6:00 and was able to add FD to my res in about 45 seconds via the modify button. Amazed at how simple it was.

Anyone have luck grabbing a Poly spot? Was up early but those seem to have been very limited.
I did. At first there was no availability. I was searching on my iPhone. I went to my computer an hour later and there was availability. Can you try a different device?

I just got though online via the Disney Visa link and was able to get All Star Sports standard room for that first Visa card only week (which is my DD's 18th birthday). $1816.69 for 7 days for 3 people. I dialed down the passes to only 2 days and I left the DDP alone as QS only. I assume that I can call back later and upgrade to the DDP and I also assume that I can trim off days on either end and retain the promo. I think we're only going for 5 days but I wanted to grab the whole week just in case I wanted to stay longer.

ATTENTION ANNUAL PASSHOLDERS: One thing that I noticed about the tickets is that they now have an expiration date! The ones on my reservation was December 31, 2018. That's OK with us as we'll probably go later on in the year after our APs expire in January 2018 but our DD will be in college and I'm not 100% sure she'll be able to use hers.

Disney Visa link: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/resort-parks-stay-dine-visa-package/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter