******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the last time we took advantage of free dining was in 2012 and i don't remember it being this frenzied!! I wasn't really following any forums, just heard about it and called at 7am one morning, was on hold for about and hour and done. This is the first year I've actually followed a FD thread!! Has it always been this crazy??? (as well as informative, entertaining and fun?)
It gets crazier every year. :crazy:

ok st

ok stupid question since everytime I ask anything no one actually answers me lol .... where do you go to actually upgrade on the website if you already have reservations.. Also if it doesn't work what is the best number to call . Last year I was on hold seriously for 3 hours. LOL Thankfully I had a great boss that definitely understood my madness lol but this year new boss and she doesn't even get why we keep going. whatever lol
Thanks!!

Sorry no one answers you. :( (though I know meeko just did :lovestruc). it's easy to get lost in such a huge thread!

To change, there should be modify button under your reservation. However, in this case I personally would rather talk to a cm. But then you have the problem of it potentially being released at 4 am but phones not opening up until 7, so round and round we go.

This is why I leave the answering questions to others, lol. :scared::oI just didn't want you to feel ignored. :)

We go the Saturday after Thanksgiving every year, and it's definitely necessary to get your FP at 60 days out for the big ones, like Seven Dwarves, TSMM, etc. Those standby lines can get very long even at that time of year!

Since you go the Saturday after Thanksgiving every year, is it just too crazy to enjoy? That is the only thing holding us back from arriving that weekend. I would love your thoughts since you have personal experience.

I think the last time we took advantage of free dining was in 2012 and i don't remember it being this frenzied!! I wasn't really following any forums, just heard about it and called at 7am one morning, was on hold for about and hour and done. This is the first year I've actually followed a FD thread!! Has it always been this crazy??? (as well as informative, entertaining and fun?)

This is our 7th year in a row going and last year was the first year I had to change resorts to get it. I never followed anything either. Last year I was on hold for 3 hours while I was at work!! I had to change from Art of Animation to Pop to get it. Then once we got there I asked if we could upgrade to Art of animation and they did it and I think we only got charged like 200.00 if I remember correctly..

yes! isn't this more fun?

Hello everyone! I just signed up a few minutes ago so I could say thank you before it really gets crazy around here! I've actually been following these Free Dining threads for about 4 years now because we've being doing Free Dining every year for quite sometime. I started reading this current one at the end of February because I've learned this is the best place for all the current info. Every year, I learn so much and am always prepared for the big drop because of the wise people here. We've always gotten the exact thing we were looking for and are hoping for that this year, too! Again, thank you all so much for helping me out all these years. Sorry it took so long for me to say so!:thanks:

What's your secret for getting FD fir 4 years?!

You used to be able to decrease days without losing the promotion, but now the whole thing will have to be rebooked with the new dates. If it's available and the promo is still good you can do it. Others had better luck calling to do this. It's a crapshoot though!
learned something new here once again. I was going to book 5 days and remove the first day later if DS's new principal seemed stricter than his current one. I guess I could keep the date and eat the cost if we can't leave as early as I'd like...

My TA says she is going to stay up tonight and wait for the free dining. This is the first time I have used a TA. It's hard to give up the control. I have given her alternate dates and resorts. She has my Disney visa info incase my dates are for DV only. I'm not sure if I should go to bed and just my faith in her, or I should stay up and book a second reservation...just in case! Have any of you have good or bad luck using a TA with free dining??

I've used a TA for years and she always stays up all night when there is a possibility of an offer. I've never been disappointed. I usually have an email from her when I get up for work saying she already got it for me. I hope you have the same experience!

What's your secret for getting FD fir 4 years?!
This is my 4th year with FD too....I just keep checking! Last year I didn't initally get what I wanted so I booked standard WL a few days later I got water CBR then finally standard CBR.....just keep checking and don't give up! Especially a few days after initial drop....lots more opens when TAs cancel their holds! Good luck!

Since you go the Saturday after Thanksgiving every year, is it just too crazy to enjoy? That is the only thing holding us back from arriving that weekend. I would love your thoughts since you have personal experience.

Not at all. :):goodvibes That Saturday will be busy but not to the point that you can't enjoy it. (I think last year was a crowd level 6) Usually everyone leaves on Sunday, so that Sun-Thursday always has good crowd levels, imo. We follow Josh's recommendations as far as which park for which day, and he has always been right on the money! (Josh at easy WDW .com ;))

That week is just such a great week to go-crowds are good, weather is (usually) good, everything is decorated for Christmas, etc.:goodvibes

We go the Saturday after Thanksgiving every year, and it's definitely necessary to get your FP at 60 days out for the big ones, like Seven Dwarves, TSMM, etc. Those standby lines can get very long even at that time of year!

I'm looking at going that week this year for the first time, is it super crowded? I keep going back and forth on wether then or December 9-16 would be better. Thanks!

This is our 7th year in a row going and last year was the first year I had to change resorts to get it. I never followed anything either. Last year I was on hold for 3 hours while I was at work!! I had to change from Art of Animation to Pop to get it. Then once we got there I asked if we could upgrade to Art of animation and they did it and I think we only got charged like 200.00 if I remember correctly..

You were able to upgrade from POP to AOA for $200?? How many nights were you staying? (Obviously, I know that just because one person was able to do it, doesn't mean everyone can at any point, I'm just curious.)

What's you trick to getting it every year?!

In the early days of free dining, when we had to call in, my mom and I would both be ready to dial in exactly at 7:00 & would continuously hit redial until we got through. Sometimes it would take hours, but we always got through & got our reservations. Now, doing it online, I honestly just keep a watch out here for any news and constantly check the Disney site for changes...and pray!:-) I wish I really had a trick to share. The fact that you're here following for updates should really help! This year, I have back-ups for my back-ups just in case!

Not at all. :):goodvibes That Saturday will be busy but not to the point that you can't enjoy it. (I think last year was a crowd level 6) Usually everyone leaves on Sunday, so that Sun-Thursday always has good crowd levels, imo. We follow Josh's recommendations as far as which park for which day, and he has always been right on the money! (Josh at easy WDW .com ;))

That week is just such a great week to go-crowds are good, weather is (usually) good, everything is decorated for Christmas, etc.:goodvibes

I should've scrolled down before I got excited and asked!

Word of advice. If you don't get the resort or room category you want at first, check back! When I got Free Dining two years ago, I originally booked a Royal Room at POR, but I wanted CBR. I checked back the next day and something opened up at CBR for my dates. People book rooms to get in the door, but end up canceling. So don't lose heart if what you want isn't available at first.

This is our 4th year with FD and the only advice I have is to stalk black and dirty Steve and whatever they post, believe it. They are usually spot on, with minor variations like dates-which I know can be huge if it's your arrival day. Trust them, and be up bright and early before 4 am. Refresh your page often, make sure you sign in to your Disney account, have everything written down-dates, backup hotels, etc. I have to do that bc my mind goes blank during times of extreme stress (like FD:p).

Word of advice. If you don't get the resort or room category you want at first, check back! When I got Free Dining two years ago, I originally booked a Royal Room at POR, but I wanted CBR. I checked back the next day and something opened up at CBR for my dates. People book rooms to get in the door, but end up canceling. So don't lose heart if what you want isn't available at first.
Yes. I imagine there is going to be a lot of cancellations and shake ups the first day or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter