• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly we decided to stay off site this year. We are a family of 8 so it's the cheapest route for us. I'm kind of sad but the savings will allow us to go to universal this year. Saving a few thousand just can't be beat
Don't be sad. We've stayed off site many many times! A Disney vacation is as magical as you make it and the resort really doesn't have to make a difference. I've seen many people in Disney resorts being angry about lines and complaining about their bed.... I totally understand being let down about not getting the vacation you were hoping for, but remind yourself that you'll be in Disney with your great big beautiful family. I wish you the very best vacation, full of laughter and wonderful memories. :tink:

So if you reserve on line with a new reservation when fd drops, do you have the option of upgrading to the regular dp or do I call later to upgrade?

For those of us planning an Aug-Sept. trip, will you do MNSSHP? We will be there at the end of Aug. and the parties will start during our stay... Halloween is my favorite holiday, so I'd love to go. If you're going, will you dress up? Family costumes, or solo ones?

We are arriving on 9/28 and planning on doing MNSSHP on 9/29. We are hoping it is not as crazy crowed as it is at the end of October.

Boulder Ridge Villas was formerly called the Villas at Wilderness Lodge. It normally is included.

FYI, Disney is building a new DVC resort at Wilderness Lodge -- Copper Creek Villas and Cabins. IT will consist of villas in what used to be the south wing of the main Wilderness Lodge building (they are renovating that entire wing to convert it to villas) as well as lakeshore cabins they are building.

As part of the process, they changed the name of VWL to BRV, presumably to limit confusion.

SW
Thank you for this info. Do you by any chance have details on the Cooper Creek renovation? I see that rooms are available there when I want to stay at Boulder Ridge, would that mean construction will be finished, or will we be in the middle of a hard hat zone? :duck:

Would you recommend a value over CBR? I'm a little worried about lines for the buses and the walk to the bus for values

It depends on which value your in. All Star Sports would be pretty quick to get to the buses even from standard rooms because of how the resort is configured.

We stayed at All Star Music in the Broadway section building 8 last year and it was fairly quick to get to the front of the resort. If your in a further back section, it could be a good distance. I feel like POP could have the same issue depending on where they put you.

CBR, you will more than likely get on the bus quickly, but then you have to make several stops at different villages before heading out. Honestly that was more annoying than waiting in line for the bus!lol

I'm going to be around all day, if anyone needs final help with numbers, PM me or get my attention. Also back about 50 pages there was an awesome spreadsheet someone posted. Zip file.

I need so much help, lol. I'm trying to make seeing disney at Christmas happen. Any dates after thanksgiving for 6 nights will work. There are 5 of us. I'm trying to be an inexpensive as possible so we can actually do this. I was booked last year the week after thanksgiving but had to cancel because we just couldn't afford it. I'm determined to make it happen this year. Thank you!!! I'm writing out the price difference if staying at value vs CBR and pros and cons. Any help is very much appreciated, I'm driving myself crazy!!

Why am I seeings tons of posts online today saying no FD at values?

edit: All i have read says mods and values have quick. I did read something only talking about the mod change so perhaps people think because value isn't being talked about they think they get nothing.?

Last edited:
It depends on which value your in. All Star Sports would be pretty quick to get to the buses even from standard rooms because of how the resort is configured.

We stayed at All Star Music in the Broadway section building 8 last year and it was fairly quick to get to the front of the resort. If your in a further back section, it could be a good distance. I feel like POP could have the same issue depending on where they put you.

Thank you! I'm looking at the sports one pricing right now, I would've never thought of 2 separate rooms without you guys.

For those of us planning an Aug-Sept. trip, will you do MNSSHP? We will be there at the end of Aug. and the parties will start during our stay... Halloween is my favorite holiday, so I'd love to go. If you're going, will you dress up? Family costumes, or solo ones?
A few years ago and my son, who is Autistic, dressed up as a Pirate skeleton and got so much attention, he loved it! He's 20 now and graduating and this trip is his gift. I'm surprising him with the Halloween party and bringing along the costume and makeup and hiding it! This is him in his skeletal splendor.

Attachments

• Perry the skeleton.jpg
    Perry the skeleton.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 37
Did he note any days for December, I missed the FD offer, checking in December 3rd?
Check in dates:11/6/16 – 12/23/16 10%-20% off room-only rates for the general public (also bookable as package) (blacked out 11/11/16-11/12/16, 11/23/16-11/25/16) day it came out 8/8/16, exp 10/8/16.

This was the deal last year for December dates room discount. It might be the same this year. It came out in August for December.
Maybe it'll be earlier this year we can hope.

So is "free" dining even confirmed for value resorts? Sounds like its free quick @ mods, and table service @ deluxe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter