******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what happens if you manage to get free dining with x number of people for y number of days, but not all of x number of people are going to stay for the full y number of days?

Planning our 3rd WDW trip. We have used a TA on our last 2 trips and got FD both times. I am super nervous about planning myself and trying to get FD. I will be trying for 2 reservations, mine and my parents. My current reservation does not have a modify option so I am planning to create a brand new reservation for me and modifying my parents.

We have stayed at POR on our previous trips and absolutely love it. POR was excluded in the later dates last year so hoping that is not the case (nov 10-19 travel dates). My 2nd choice would be CBR but just read their food court will be down so not really sure how I feel about that. I didn't like the fact that Coronado is a convention center. I feel like I won't get the real Disney resort vibe.

Looking forward to being awake with all of you when FD is announced :D

Funny, but Dad posted a reply to someone saying that last year they were true black out dates and you only got fd for the dates within the offer period and it would probably be the case this year.

No one else have ever said that. No idea where he is getting his info??

:wave2: I replied to you in ******* but I have done a google search and his is the only website I have found in my search (it was a quick search) no other site I saw says that anywhere

Does anyone know what happens if you manage to get free dining with x number of people for y number of days, but not all of x number of people are going to stay for the full y number of days?
I know everyone has to be on the same plan if they are staying in the same room. So if one or two people leave part way through the trip then you keep their credits or they can use them before they leave.

Funny, but Dad posted a reply to someone saying that last year they were true black out dates and you only got fd for the dates within the offer period and it would probably be the case this year.

No one else have ever said that. No idea where he is getting his info??
This definitely was not the case last year as we checked in on the very last day of the promotion (12/21) and we plan to do the same this year (hopefully it's 12/23).

I will check on that tomorrow. It is not suppose to expire, ever. At least thats what it said.

Did you limit the number of uses a code can have? That's another setting that may stop it working.

Edit : I see you worked out it was limited to 30 mins. You can change it to Never

I have a question. If we aim for POR for free dining, but let's say POR is only included until Sept 30th, does my whole stay have to be before the 30th or just arrive before the 30th?

I have a question. If we aim for POR for free dining, but let's say POR is only included until Sept 30th, does my whole stay have to be before the 30th or just arrive before the 30th?

The previous page has a number of posts about this as a popular blogger has recently put some erroneous information out about this.

As long as you check in when it is offered (Ex: check in sept 28 and you stay until oct 7--you get free dining the whole time) It's all about the check in day--usually you can get it for up to 14 days but I read somewhere that this time it may be limited to 10--don't know yet. Also, the dining plan is calculated by nights stayed and not days. So if you stay 6 nights but get a 5 day PH+, that would be 6 days of the dining plan--you also get it until midnight of your check out day--Hope this helps

OK. I knew we could snag free dining with an arrival date, but wasnt sure how that worked with POR only being included in the first set of dates. Thanks for clearing that up.

What would anyone suggest as a good QS before MNSSHP? We don't want to be stuffed but satisfied. We're going on the anticipated first night of MNSSHP.

We will also have Park Hopper so any park or outside is good! :)

Thanks for the suggestions! My boyfriend got really excited when Flame Tree came up because it's his favorit QS

Cosmic I feel weird about myself; never too many good foods there.

I was debating Pecos and possibly Satuli. But I don't know.

Personally I wouldn't want to be bouncing all over the place for food right before, leaves to much for delays and rushing, but that's just me and my experience. We just started eating at Cosmic Ray's for first time last year and it wasn't that bad? Better than McDonald's and nothing special, but I've had worst food? Personally, and I was in the minority in my own family, but I thought the Taco Burger especially with the toppings bar at Pecos was delicious. It looked disgusting, and prob a good thing I ate in the dark, but it tasted great (we're foodies too if that makes a difference).
We like those two places as QS during MK and Party nights bc we can get food there to-go and hold a spot for a parade/fireworks while we eat (usually we grab a spot and then DW or I go grab food for family). You just have to be willing to eat picnic style. It works out great for us bc it kills two birds with one stone and not wasting park or party time eating since we're doing what we would be doing anyway.

Unless that one poster was able to prove food poisoning I would be suspicious of it. I work in the ER and we get ppl all the time claiming food poisoning when it's really just a quick stomach bug. With only some (majority of party) getting it and it being from two different places, it's more likely to be a quick stomach bug. Not trying to say poster was wrong bc I could very well be the wrong one, but that's my experience with these things :)

OK lets try again. You have to activate within 30 minutes. (Like I know what I'm talking about) Just try it quick:
https://*******.gg/ndVmv

Did you limit the number of uses a code can have? That's another setting that may stop it working.

Edit : I see you worked out it was limited to 30 mins. You can change it to Never

I tried that link and it didn't work but when I clicked on the member who originally posted link (Concord maybe?) I got in with no problems. I think that was around page 517ish or so.

I tried that link and it didn't work but when I clicked on the member who originally posted link (Concord maybe?) I got in with no problems. I think that was around page 517ish or so.

Yeah, that one must have been set to Never. Each member can post a link and set it for how long it lasts (30mins is the default). A new url is generated after the expired time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter