******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great question I might do this too if I can't get a moderate.
With us five by the time I add PH etc for nine day stay and upgrade to ddp at AOA suite I may as well go to Deluxe for nearly same .But that's only if deluxe has standard available!!What is Standard Club level by the way?

If you booked through a TA that is the reason. Only the TA can modify your reservation.
I can confirm that if you are using a TA, that you cannot modify that reservation. I ask my TA and she said she could only modify my reservations and that I could not. Keep in mind, I am an anxious control freak, and I have never used a TA before, but this one came highly recommended. When it was 180 days before our trip, she managed to get every TS reservation we wanted, including : character dining reservations (4 total: Cinderella's Royal Table, Ackerhaus, 1900 Park Fare, and Rivers of Light Pkg at Tusker House), La Hacienda San Angel at 8:00 to watch Illumination at Epcot, and Fantasmic pkg at Mama Melroses. These were all for a table for 7 people. She also secured a reservation for my 2 grandaughters age 6 and 8 at Biddidy Boddidy Boutique before we eat At Cinderella's Royal Table. She did all this and had an email to me by 7:10 A.M. on the morning of the 180th day before we leave. However, even knowing that she has done a great job so far, I am still very anxious about the FD because of the rumor saying mods will only be getting QS. We are booked in 2 rooms in Pop and feel that many may abandon mods and book at value. So good luck to all and don't feel like you are alone in playing this waiting game.

I can confirm that if you are using a TA, that you cannot modify that reservation. I ask my TA and she said she could only modify my reservations and that I could not. Keep in mind, I am an anxious control freak, and I have never used a TA before, but this one came highly recommended. When it was 180 days before our trip, she managed to get every TS reservation we wanted, including : character dining reservations (4 total: Cinderella's Royal Table, Ackerhaus, 1900 Park Fare, and Rivers of Light Pkg at Tusker House), La Hacienda San Angel at 8:00 to watch Illumination at Epcot, and Fantasmic pkg at Mama Melroses. These were all for a table for 7 people. She also secured a reservation for my 2 grandaughters age 6 and 8 at Biddidy Boddidy Boutique before we eat At Cinderella's Royal Table. She did all this and had an email to me by 7:10 A.M. on the morning of the 180th day before we leave. However, even knowing that she has done a great job so far, I am still very anxious about the FD because of the rumor saying mods will only be getting QS. We are booked in 2 rooms in Pop and feel that many may abandon mods and book at value. So good luck to all and don't feel like you are alone in playing this waiting game.

This! So this! It was so well worded too. I am the absolute same with the control freak aspect. That is me to a T, I am so nervous about this FD dropping that it makes me a little sick. But I feel a lot better being around you all here and seeing everyone kind of in the same boat. I just wish we made a little bit more money for a little bit more.

But you do what you can :)

With us five by the time I add PH etc for nine day stay and upgrade to ddp at AOA suite I may as well go to Deluxe for nearly same .But that's only if deluxe has standard available!!What is Standard Club level by the way?

Depends on which deluxe and dates.

Your TA sounds amazing!! Good luck!

We have been booking FD every year since 2011. I really hope the rumor about mods only getting QSDP turns out incorrect. After crunching the numbers, booking a value or moderate resort with FD and upgrading to DDP would cost us an extra $1000 than booking just the hotel and tickets separately (the difference is the hoppers and upgraded dining.) But I believe paying OOP for food would still cost us way more than that.
The other issue is that we really prefer the bed size at the mods. We stayed at CSR last year and it was amazing. So many decisions before Monday.

Wow! 500 we are at 500 pages. That's crazy but cool

Alright, I have caught up now.

We considered off-site resorts for about 2 hours this afternoon but then we did the math and said Naa. :hyper2:
Things to consider about off site.
1. No magical express. Let me tell you my DH said Nope, that just ended the talk. Lol found out it would be about 50 each way from the airport to Disney springs with an uber.
2. The bags being delivered to our room even if this is magical express. This was also something that my DH had liked about staying on site.
3. No magic hours.

We did then go back to one of the two or three ideas we have now. None include off-site.pixiedust::bday: to me ON site!

Club Level means you can have breakfast in the concierge lounge. You have access to food and snacks all day long.

This! So this! It was so well worded too. I am the absolute same with the control freak aspect. That is me to a T, I am so nervous about this FD dropping that it makes me a little sick. But I feel a lot better being around you all here and seeing everyone kind of in the same boat. I just wish we made a little bit more money for a little bit more.

But you do what you can :)
I even feel more stressed because this trip is a celebration of our 50th wedding anniversary..taking our kids, their spouses, and 2 granddkids for the first time. Want everything to be a time to remember for all so hence doing several character dining so FD would certainly ease the worry over cost. In addition, some of the men in our group are not big Disney fans. So I am trying hard to make everyone happy and everything amazing for all.

Are you asking what standard club level means? If so, it's a standard view room and you will have access to the club lounge which has various snacks and drinks throughout the day as well as concierge service that can help with any last minute plans such as adrs and stuff. Its a good bit more expensive to have a club level room.

Would anyone be able to tell me in past years has CBR offered the FD on standard rooms or was it just on preferred/pirate rooms? :)

Last year it was definitely offered for standard rooms. I think the issue this year is going to be availability. Many dates currently do not have standard rooms available at all and so if there are no more standard rooms available for your dates, you will not be able to get free dining in a standard room.

I'm sorry if this has already been posted, but I called to confirm I wouldn't lose my $75/night gift card for our CBR stay if I was able to get free dining there. I was told I definitely wouldn't, because it's not considered a promotional offer. So I'm REALLY hoping I can score FD on top of the gift card offer.

I know it changes yearly, but are standard rooms at CBR typically eligible for FD? I'm wondering if I should change our room to a pool view in anticipation of it being offered or if I should wait and see.

I'm also kicking myself for booking a split stay. We check in on 11/26, so we'd get FD per the rumors. But, we're checking out on 11/30 and switching to CSR that day, leaving on 12/3, so that last portion of our stay isn't eligible since FD doesn't start up until Dec. Even getting FD for 4 out of 6 park days would be pretty great, and now I'm wondering if I could get a room-only discount for the second portion of our trip, which might also help us save. I feel like planning this trip is like a choose your own adventure book. So many possible paths and it's making me nuts.

We have been booking FD every year since 2011. I really hope the rumor about mods only getting QSDP turns out incorrect. After crunching the numbers, booking a value or moderate resort with FD and upgrading to DDP would cost us an extra $1000 than booking just the hotel and tickets separately (the difference is the hoppers and upgraded dining.) But I believe paying OOP for food would still cost us way more than that.
The other issue is that we really prefer the bed size at the mods. We stayed at CSR last year and it was amazing. So many decisions before Monday.
I wonder if Disney knows people will likely not book at a moderate if only QS is offered.Maybe they want people to NoT book a moderate since many are at full capacity anyways.What would end up happening is they overbooked at a moderate if some guests actually stay there and just upgrade to QS.If they overbooked me and no other mods or values were available when I check in they have to upgrade me to Deluxe! Wishful thinking I recall someone posted earlier this happened to her at Pop and they moved her to AKL

:offtopic: Anybody else like the camp fire sauce at Red Robin? They bring out a few baskets of fries while we wait for our food with that sauce and a couple others sauces also .....yummmmm!!!

Last year it was definitely offered for standard rooms. I think the issue this year is going to be availability. Many dates currently do not have standard rooms available at all and so if there are no more standard rooms available for your dates, you will not be able to get free dining in a standard room.
Oh funny, someone posted my same question at the exact same time I was :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter