******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
It says you have to upgrade 48 hours before check in.

It says you "should" upgrade within 48hrs. I love a loophole! Plus, it's not the official website for WDW.

Think I'll ask on the phone. I can see why you'd have to add the dining plan 48hrs ahead so they can link it to your bands and MDE etc, but surely they can modify it for an upgrade (and more money in their pockets) when you arrive? I'm gonna find out more!

Sorry if this has been answered. Such a busy day and I'm going page by page trying to keep my eyes open. Which is saying something because I live for this stuff :). Are the rumors saying possibly tonight or still next Monday? The first year we went I woke up at 6 and stayed on the phone 3 hours for free dining. The second time I set the alarm at 3 am and it took 3 minutes online. I'm praying that's how it'll be this year. Also has anyone heard rumors about which hotels will be excluded? So many different scenarios running through my head. Thanks u all for all the help! Dis boards has made all of our trips so much better!

Reactions: mky

Funny. I just popped in here in a panic because the resort I have booked and my 2 back up resorts both show no availability all of a sudden...and they are deluxes and here was plenty before. The site is really glitchy right now. I was thinking tons of people have booked in anticipation of free dining and booked up all the resorts for my dates. Should be interesting to see
I just checked our dates in December again and almost every resort is showing sold out. When I checked just a few hours ago there was plenty of availability even the mermaid rooms at AoA. They must be updating something. Don't know what to think.

They probably have a bunch of #'s. I got mine from the hotel reservation page. I'm not calling in as it will be long distance (Canada) and I'm not staying on the phone for hours.

Okay site seems normal again for my dates. Anyone else?

I keep going to the "Change reservation" button, because we are going anyway, but FD would be AmAzInG and it wont respond? Possibly still to do with the updates tonight??

There's a link on google popping up now that says Free dining plan with vacation package. Only dates listed are "most nights August 21 through December 23 2017."

Someone said that earlier but I can't get it to show. What are you googling?

It says you "should" upgrade within 48hrs. I love a loophole! Plus, it's not the official website for WDW.

Think I'll ask on the phone. I can see why you'd have to add the dining plan 48hrs ahead so they can link it to your bands and MDE etc, but surely they can modify it for an upgrade (and more money in their pockets) when you arrive? I'm gonna find out more!

Honestly? Even Disney's own website has inconsistencies. You will probably find someone that will say, sure no problem, you can even upgrade midway through your stay! But do you really want to leave that to chance when you check in? If you really want TS, I would make that change before you arrive. I don't think it would be worth the hassle of trying to do it once you are there. You don't want to be disappointed.

There's a link on google popping up now that says Free dining plan with vacation package. Only dates listed are "most nights August 21 through December 23 2017."

Yep

From Google search results, QUOTE:

Free Dining Plan with Vacation Package | Walt Disney World Resort ...
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/resort-stay-dine-package/
Explore a room and ticket package offer that includes a dining plan at select Disney Resort hotels, most nights from August 21 through December 23, 2017.

END QUOTE

Following the link or the google cache shows a page with Goofy saying the special offer is not available.

SW

Last edited:
Since we have over a week until FD but I still like hanging out with all of you I'm going :offtopic: again:

Is anyone planning to go to Universal while in Florida? We LOVE the Wizarding World but I'm just not ok with spending over $1,000 for the 4 of us to go for two days. Any wonderful secret discounts???

Yes! We loved WW :stir:and other stuff from US last year, so we are planning 4-5 day park tickets. We like Undercover Tourists for tickets. We are planning an onsite stay at Hard Rock this year. Then we head over to DW for 14 days with 10 day park tickets and MVMCP in December. Not exactly sure where we're going to end up staying until after FD drops. I'm going to try to modify our existing reservation at CBR (with GC) to apply FD offer and then really crunch the numbers. I already have a reservation for 21 nights offsite too, just in case.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter