• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had FD in December 2016 and there was a 4 day hopper stipulation.

We had free dining last year as well and we had a two day park hopper.

Here's the details from last year that dad's guide to WDW posted.

Here are the details -

Travel Dates - August 25 - October 1, November 15 - November 21, November 26 - November 28, December 10 - December 21

Book by - August 31

Details - get the Disney Dining Plan "free" when you book a 3-night or longer reservation in a qualifying Disney Resort. A 2-night Magic Your Way ticket with an option (Park Hopper or Water Park Fun and More) is required.

Book a Value Resort and get the Quick Service Dining Plan. Book a Moderate, Deluxe or Deluxe Villa Resort and get the regular Disney Dining Plan.

Excluded Resorts - Grand Floridian Villas, Polynesian Bungalows, Bay Lake Tower, Mermaid rooms at Art of Animation, Campsites at Ft. Wilderness, 3-bedroom Villas, All Star Movies, Port Orleans French Quarter. Note: Riverside is excluded after October 1.

Book a new reservation with FD when it drops; you can cancel the old reservation & if you'd like transfer the new one to the TA

My understanding from what experts have said on here in past years is that is not how it works. That in order to be able to change a reservation there has to be the exact same room type available to book outright.

p.s. I may have misunderstood you, initially thought you were saying if you had a room booked and Disney allocated 10 rooms then you could do the change even if all the rooms of that category at the resort were already booked.
Yeah, what I meant was you may not be able to make a whole new reservation if all of the rooms are already booked. Even if you have a booking though, you aren't guaranteed to get FD. For the 100 room example with 10 allocated to FD, if you are already booked in one of the 100, you have a 10% chance; if you aren't booked at all you have a 0% chance.

Although we are hearing anecdotal stories about Disney not showing online reservations but rooms are available if you call. So if your first choice isn't available for FD still try to call and be prepared for long hold times. And keep checking for any availability later!

Help Please.... I booked a reservations for 2 rooms at POP with Park Hoppers and Regular dining, not QS, a month ago. One room for our son and his family and one room for my husband and myself. I made these thru Disney. The cast member said she had to give me 2 reservation numbers as it is for 2 rooms and I could go thru MDE and link them together. I did this and their room I am able to view and make dinner reservations. Here are my questions as I do not know how to handle this:

1) When/if free dining comes out can I go online and do something? If so what do I need to do as I already have and as of now paying for regular dining upgrade and would want to only pay the upgrade difference not all of it as I should get QS free. ( I know I am only saying if I am a lucky one and do get this offer opportunity)

2) Will I be able to do my son's reservation as well since I have a change/cancel button on each? I have not tried these as I do not want to mess anything up.

Oh boy people must be booking i decided to play with dates for December to compare prices better Pop is showing sold out two full weeks December I can't even add a 7th night now

Let me add to that a dozen other hotels are now sold out too - barely any options for December 8-19

Oh boy people must be booking i decided to play with dates for December to compare prices better Pop is showing sold out two full weeks December I can't even add a 7th night now

I tried to add a day yesterday and could not.

This is weird. Yesterday a ton of availability came up for my dates. Now every value and moderate is sold out. What is going on??? Literally I checked last night.

I tried to add a day yesterday and could not.
I booked mine probably a month or so ago as this is the time of my husbands vacation and it just happens to fall during the free dining. Just hoping I can snag the free dining as paying for regular dining for 4 adults and 2 children is costing a lot however since this is their first time, ages 6 and 3, we are planning to do a lot of character meals. So with that said QS wouldn't work for us.

This is weird. Yesterday a ton of availability came up for my dates. Now every value and moderate is sold out. What is going on??? Literally I checked last night.

I'm freaking out. I hope this changes. I didn't want to have to trust my change button.

People booking ahead of FD prob - wouldn't be surprised if people booked multiple options in hopes of snagging what they want. I am going regardless of FD but still playing with exact dates - or so I thought - I can always add a night or two at the Hilton if I had to but it's crazy the limited availability there suddenly is

People booking ahead of FD prob - wouldn't be surprised if people booked multiple options in hopes of snagging what they want. I am going regardless of FD but still playing with exact dates - or so I thought - I can always add a night or two at the Hilton if I had to but it's crazy the limited availability there suddenly is

It's weird though all preferred and even suites in all values and moderates. Almost makes me feel like something is being glitchy. So much available last night at this time. I can't believe everyone took their Easter Sunday to book it up.

It's weird though all preferred and even suites in all values and moderates. Almost makes me feel like something is being glitchy. So much available last night at this time. I can't believe everyone took their Easter Sunday to book it up.

Okay. I'm going to say it's some weird glitch or something. I just did a start of 11/28 which would not be free dining and all values and mods still gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter