******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are booked for a 5 night stay arriving 12/3 in a Poly Studio Villa for cash with the Dining Plan. With the rumors of Free Dining, I'm considering adding a second "backup" reservation for the Grand Floridian arriving 12/3 but extending to 6 nights. If I'm not paying for the dining plan, it will only increase my cost approximately $500 from where I am now with the Poly Studio Villa and paying for the dining plan.

So the two questions: Are the Poly Villas included in Free Dining? Historically, how difficult is it to get in touch with Disney Travel if Free Dining is announced to convert the Grand Floridian reservation to free dining? Thanks

So now that my dates are 98.7% set in stone, who wants to critique my plans?

11/27 - drive from ATL - lunch at D-Lux, check in ASMu, MK for parade and 3 FP, Paddlefish for dinner
11/28 - HS, Sci Fi, PizzeRizzo - Fantasmic
11/29 - MK, Columbia Harbor House, Crystal Palace - Fireworks
11/30 - EP, Yorkshire, Biergarten - Illuminations
12/1 - AK, Yak & Yeti (QS), Flame Tree - ROL
12/2 - HS, Ohana Breakfast, Min & Bill's - Star wars fireworks
12/3 - MK, Peco's Bills, Narcoosses
12/4 - EP, Via Napoli, Frontera Cocina
12/5 - AK, Restaurantosaurus, Yak & Yeti (TS) - Pandora at night, tree of life, evening safari
12/6 - MK, card game and 3 FP's, Caseys - drive home.

OOP - D-Lux, Via Napoli, Yak & Yeti. Should have credits to cover the rest.

We are booked for a 5 night stay arriving 12/3 in a Poly Studio Villa for cash with the Dining Plan. With the rumors of Free Dining, I'm considering adding a second "backup" reservation for the Grand Floridian arriving 12/3 but extending to 6 nights. If I'm not paying for the dining plan, it will only increase my cost approximately $500 from where I am now with the Poly Studio Villa and paying for the dining plan.

So the two questions: Are the Poly Villas included in Free Dining? Historically, how difficult is it to get in touch with Disney Travel if Free Dining is announced to convert the Grand Floridian reservation to free dining? Thanks
I believe villas a usually excluded

You would have to arrive on 12-8 to get the free dining I think it is from 12-8 to 12-23. Your arrival date has to be on one of those days in order to be be consider for it and I think Villas are excluded from free dining.

Maybe it's because I am in Canada. We received nothing except an e-mail confirming the reservation.

No, I'm also Canadian. I booked through a TA. How long ago did you book? I booked the offer on the last day or second to last day it was available. Some time in February.

You would have to arrive on 12-8 to get the free dining I think it is from 12-8 to 12-23. Your arrival date has to be on one of those days in order to be be consider for it and I think Villas are excluded from free dining.
Correction the Villas at Floridian are.

for those asking about the TA exclusive deals just google those words for Disney trip. You will find what he was talking about. We are not allowed to give the names and things here and we respect Dis so we do not wish to upset them.

for those asking about the TA exclusive deals just google those words for Disney trip. You will find what he was talking about. We are not allowed to give the names and things here and we respect Dis so we do not wish to upset them.

I've actually gotten "in trouble" for telling people to google it. :oops:

If I have a summer room discount reservation, will I be able to modify it online providing there is availability for FD, or does it have to be just a regular package booked and not the summer discount. I know some say that if you have Memory maker added it makes it more difficult to modify, would that be true also for the summer room discount being added?

If I have a summer room discount reservation, will I be able to modify it online providing there is availability for FD, or does it have to be just a regular package booked and not the summer discount. I know some say that if you have Memory maker added it makes it more difficult to modify, would that be true also for the summer room discount being added?

You should be able to modify, but you can only have one discount at a time. So you would have to choose between the summer room discount and FD. Make sure you have the "change reservation" link connected to your reservation. (It is under your reservation number .) Some people have been saying that theirs is not showing up, or if it is there, it is not working.

You should be able to modify, but you can only have one discount at a time. So you would have to choose between the summer room discount and FD. Make sure you have the "change reservation" link connected to your reservation. (It is under your reservation number .) Some people have been saying that theirs is not showing up, or if it is there, it is not working.

Thank you, my change reservation button is there and I'm assuming when a new discount comes out the new offer would pop up. FD is the much better deal for us so I'm holding out for that. :)

Hey! Jumping on board.... Not sure if this has been mentioned, has anyone heard if FD will be released early for Disney Visa? TIA
Surprising my fiancée with his first trip!!!! :)

Doesn't release early but sometimes different options. Worth looking into when FD comes out.

Hello, I have a week booked at Port Orleans Riverside during dates that would work for free dining if the above rumor by Mr. Black is legit. But, I had booked there because I was under the impression that moderates would get the regular dining plan. Should I switch to Coronado or even a value resort since Riverside looks to not be included? Riverside is the most expensive moderate, so maybe I can get the quick service dining and just upgrade? I want to take my 4 year old to all of the character dining spots but cant afford it without the free dining. I am new to this, so any advice, help, rumors would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Thank you, my change reservation button is there and I'm assuming when a new discount comes out the new offer would pop up. FD is the much better deal for us so I'm holding out for that. :)

If I modify online, does this count as a new reservation? I have gc from CBR and don't want to lose them when I add a promo.

Or you could use that $672 and see how many TS meals it will cover. You would be getting more meals this way since you are not giving up your CS meal for a TS meal.

You could also see what the prices are for two value resort rooms with the DDP upgrade. More beds and bathrooms.
For me already have qsdp and OOP TS doesn't cost ef
Hello, I have a week booked at Port Orleans Riverside during dates that would work for free dining if the above rumor by Mr. Black is legit. But, I had booked there because I was under the impression that moderates would get the regular dining plan. Should I switch to Coronado or even a value resort since Riverside looks to not be included? Riverside is the most expensive moderate, so maybe I can get the quick service dining and just upgrade? I want to take my 4 year old to all of the character dining spots but cant afford it without the free dining. I am new to this, so any advice, help, rumors would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
may be u can try reservation at pop century so the cost difference can cover upgrading to DDP... as POP And AOA side by side the theming will appeal to kids

I have no idea what the room discount might look like, but you can book with a room discount and still add tickets (AND dining if you want) to create a package. In some cases, taking the room discount and adding tickets and dining is cheaper than taking the "free" dining offer depending on the make-up of your family!

We are a family of 4 2 adults and 2 teens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter