• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will have 4 adults and 10 children in our party. Does anyone know if I'll be able to make dining reservations for a party this size online or if I need to call? Thanks so much!

Using the online reservations through the disney web site, you should have no problem trying to find a reservation for 14 people. You need to begin looking for ADRs 180 days before your trip. But even if you have trouble, just keep checking. Sometimes the closer you get to your date, the better luck you have. There are always cancellations.

Can anyone tell me what time of day FD is usually released? I've heard 4 AM and I don't want to stay up until midnight to try then, if I then have to get up at 4 AM to try again. Some of us have to go to work that morning!

Can anyone tell me what time of day FD is usually released? I've heard 4 AM and I don't want to stay up until midnight to try then, if I then have to get up at 4 AM to try again. Some of us have to go to work that morning!
Last year was around 4am. It could be anytime after midnight though. I think it's most likely between 4-6am online.

I'll be setting my alarm for 3:59. Lol. I'll do it all from my phone while sitting in my bed. Maybe I'll dream-feed my baby so she doesn't wake me again. Hahah.

I want in on this meal!!!!! :)

So let's start a big wager for all! Will it be Park Hopper OR Park Hopper Plus? Or will it be Park Hopper AND Park Hopper Plus?

Which side do you want to bet on? And which meal are you willing to wager?

I truly think it's going to be an "OR" situation and I guess I've already committed to Prime Rib at Boatwrights!

So let's start a big wager for all! Will it be Park Hopper OR Park Hopper Plus? Or will it be Park Hopper AND Park Hopper Plus?

I truly think it's going to be an "OR" situation and I guess I've already committed to Prime Rib at Boatwrights!

What part of "and" is confusing? And is an inclusive word. It doesn't mean one or the other of anything, it means both. As I've already stated, the sentence could have been written better but if you truly read the sentence, and don't read into it what you want to read, it says "and park hopper plus add on."

My bet is it's going to be one or the other, you're not going to have a choice. And, judging from the language, you're going to have to add on a PH+. The post also says nothing is in stone, it's a fluid situation.

I already lost the date, I went with 4/10 so I'll wager here. I am going with OR and I wager a spam sammich.

What part of "and" is confusing? And is an inclusive word. It doesn't mean one or the other of anything, it means both. As I've already stated, the sentence could have been written better but if you truly read the sentence, and don't read into it what you want to read, it says "and park hopper plus add on."

My bet is it's going to be one or the other, you're not going to have a choice. And, judging from the language, you're going to have to add on a PH+. The post also says nothing is in stone, it's a fluid situation.

You yourself just said it means both, but then say it's going to be one or the other. Just going by what you've bolded here!

And also the Brazilian travel site that's the most reliable resource for this information says "or".

Black says AND the Brazilian website says OR.

My bet it's on OR. The Brazilian offer says only the hopper is needed. The Argentinian website clearly say it's either PH OR PH+.

I'll take the winner to brunch on GC, no plus 1 though!

I agree it's "or" not "and". both websites state "or" and i believe that is where our sources told us the initial leaks begin! Plus "and" doesn't make sense. you can only buy one or the other! I think it was just a typo

I am thankful though that we had already planned on splurging at a deluxe this year because if the rumor about getting QS at a mod is true that would have really thrown my numbers off!

When you go to the Disney website it says- Park Hopper Option and Park Hopper Plus Option.

When you book you don't book both options, only one. So for me and just about everyone but Rusty2rules we read it as you need one of the two options not both.

Not sure it really matters that much like I mentioned and a few others the price difference between the two different types of hoppers is $16 per adult ticket. If that amount is too much then maybe you are better off not booking FD.

I have to admit, I was thinking along the same lines as you with the initial announcement. But as others explained, I really think it is "or" now too.

Here is another off topic question. I see a bunch of people stay off site. What are good places to stay and what ones aren't so good? Can you still get the DDP staying offsite?

If FD is not available at your resort/room category when you make that modification, yes, you could lose FD. WDW no longer simply let's you drop dates from an existing reservation. Those new dates actually have to be in current FD inventory in order to book them.

You won't need to transfer anything. ADR's aren't tied to a resort reservation.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter