Official 2017 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend Thread

I spoke to the rundisney attendant at the surf city expo today and he let it slip that the medals are going to be Pixar themed.

I really hope Cars sticks to kids races and we get Finding Nemo, Toy Story and Monsters INC for the others. wall-e is okay too. :)
Oh man, that would be so awesome if that were true. Too bad I'm not registered and doing a race in Disneyland is really challenging for me to make happen.

Sad I didnt get to the 10k fast enough. I was going to register on friday when I got paid

I was noticing that Acclaim travel still has bibs but you're going to pay a bit of a premium for them. They're $159 but that includes active.com fees. I believe the runDisney price was $120+ fees. It's showing they currently have 26 available so you might be able to push your luck and see if they discount them if they remain closer to the race. I was able to get a 5k bib for Avengers through them about a month before the race for $55. I don't think these will last as long but if you sign up for their emails they always send out the deals that they're having.

http://patstonetravel.com/tickets/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_60&product_id=50

I was noticing that Acclaim travel still has bibs but you're going to pay a bit of a premium for them. They're $159 but that includes active.com fees. I believe the runDisney price was $120+ fees. It's showing they currently have 26 available so you might be able to push your luck and see if they discount them if they remain closer to the race. I was able to get a 5k bib for Avengers through them about a month before the race for $55. I don't think these will last as long but if you sign up for their emails they always send out the deals that they're having.

http://patstonetravel.com/tickets/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_60&product_id=50

Thanks for the info! I actually ended up going through GET Sports travel agency and they sold me a bib at regular price =)

I feel like a broken record.:rotfl2: RD has released the redesign of medals for Tinkerbell (which are gorgeous btw! :love:) and still no theme...:rolleyes1

Thanks for the info! I actually ended up going through GET Sports travel agency and they sold me a bib at regular price =)

Were you able to just get bibs or did you book a whole package? We have APs so we don't need tickets. Just trying to decide if we should go through a TA or wait and see if the 10k opens back up again. I was waiting for our CC to roll over for the month on the 20th to register. I was able to get a spot in the Lightside Star Wars 10k about six weeks out so I was hoping I'd be OK waiting another week.

I spoke to the rundisney attendant at the surf city expo today and he let it slip that the medals are going to be Pixar themed.

I really hope Cars sticks to kids races and we get Finding Nemo, Toy Story and Monsters INC for the others. wall-e is okay too. :)

So with tink revealing the medals around the time that the rundisney guy told courtney... could it be real that it is a pixar theme?

So with tink revealing the medals around the time that the rundisney guy told courtney... could it be real that it is a pixar theme?

I had this thought today. I was worried because he told me "Tink Medals to be revealed Valentine's Day" and it was today (the day after).

So maybe.... maybe. :thumbsup2

I'm hoping for...

KIDS- CARS
5K- FINDING NEMO/DORY
10K-TOY STORY
HALF-MONSTERS INC

I think Toy Story will be the half but im hoping it goes to the 10k or even the 5k so I can dress up like an alien.

Last edited:
Welcome to ThemeWatch 2017! Feel free to post your speculation as to the Pixar theming of the weekend and individual races as we all wait anxiously to hear what they will be.
Pixar would be great. I'd love to see Finding Nemo for the 5k, Toy Story for the 10k, Monsters, Inc for the half, and Cars for the DoubleDare.

I'm still sticking with:
- lightning McQueen 5k
- Nemo 10k
- mike and sully hm
- buzz and woody challenge

Any combo is fine. I just worry about the 5k since it's on a work day and it makes for a loooong day.

I'm in for the Double Dare, earning my Coast to Coast as well...can't wait til they announce themes!! :earsboy:

Disneyland Half Marathon Theme Revealed ...
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/02/2017-disneyland-half-marathon-weekend-themerevealed/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter