• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2016 Star Wars Half Marthon - The Dark Side Weekend

I think that's the most important thing to note here. I have a friend who is currently AP but is still on the fence for next year. Her pass expires just before Princess and she was able to use it for Princess, Tink, and this race. So while it may suck now it will benefit you on the other side.

Sure, I get that, I'm just really bummed that I am going to miss activating my AP by less than 2 weeks. So I guess I will just have to plan on more races! Do people really think the Dark Side Challenge will sell out in under 10 minutes? I could see under 30 minutes. What was the sell out on the Rebel Challenge? Although maybe that's not comparable because it's DisneyLand, and they have fewer bib numbers overall right?

The other fun part about this Tuesday AP & DVC sign up window is that the January Marathon Weekend volunteer sign up is set for the same date and time.

You would think they would have their own date and time. Now we are fighting for the same servers space for 2 different events. Their volunteer spots are limited too.

Lovely, can't wait!! Haha.

I have used my AP for princess, wine and dine, marathon weekend 2016, and 2 long weekends for the 4th of July and star wars weekends. I am definitely getting use of it! The $19 each way frontier sale I used for this one certainly helped that also!

Wine and dine I believe was the quickest sell out at something like 25 minutes. Generally, if you are at your computer and ready at noon, you should be ok.

I am jumping in on here. Just did the Dumbo Double Dare last weekend and have now booked my room for this run in April. I'll be waiting by my computer (impatiently) on Tuesday morning to register for the Challenge and get the Kessel Challenge Medal!

I just bought new running shoes, and had the hardest time choosing which color. I kept trying to figure out what I would dress up as for the dark side challenge. Decisions, decisions!!

For those that have signed up for challenges before, does the challenge fee cover both races and the challenge medal, or do I have to sign up for the 2 races and the challenge?

For those that have signed up for challenges before, does the challenge fee cover both races and the challenge medal, or do I have to sign up for the 2 races and the challenge?

Just the challenge. Everything is rolled into that wonderful cost!

Definitely make sure to sign up for the challenge. If you sign up for the 10K and half individually, you don't get the challenge medal and participant shirt!

well, this sign up just got a little tougher - Travel Agents are getting delays from Disney so I won't be able to sign up until after all of the Annual Pass/DVC people - and maybe not until after regular sign ups if Disney doesn't hurry. This one looks to be a like a tough signup as expected.

I am a passholder and DVC owner. I just booked our room at the Boardwalk today. I want to do the challenge and my husband wants to do the 10k. This will be our first running event. What is the best way I can register and will my husband and I be able to run the 10k together?
Thanks !!!

Our AP's will exp. in early October but we will be renewing soon.
ADDED NOTE: Dapper Days is April 16th. We where already planning on going to that so the run is an added plus !!!!!

Last edited:
well, this sign up just got a little tougher - Travel Agents are getting delays from Disney so I won't be able to sign up until after all of the Annual Pass/DVC people - and maybe not until after regular sign ups if Disney doesn't hurry. This one looks to be a like a tough signup as expected.

Well. I did expect this. Just kind of hoped it wasn't the case! I need to double check my active account is ready to go...

Our AP's will exp. in early October but we will be renewing soon.

The early sign up benefit is tied to only registration date, you don't have to show it at the expo or anything. So you're good :)

When I log into my DVC account it only says Welcome and my name. However, when I go into the account details it says the purchaser is myself and the additional purchaser is DH. I hope to get us both registered. I do not recall what I did for my one and only Disney race for registering. I thought I just registered myself then went back in and registered DH (using my DVC login). Is that what I have to do for the early registration? Or, do I need to create a DVC login for DH so when he logs in it will say welcome and his name? Thanks!

When I log into my DVC account it only says Welcome and my name. However, when I go into the account details it says the purchaser is myself and the additional purchaser is DH. I hope to get us both registered. I do not recall what I did for my one and only Disney race for registering. I thought I just registered myself then went back in and registered DH (using my DVC login). Is that what I have to do for the early registration? Or, do I need to create a DVC login for DH so when he logs in it will say welcome and his name? Thanks!

When registering for W&D, I used my AP page and my daughter used my DVC login. We added our daughters to our DVC account so we could all get the benefits. You should be able to register anyone on your DVC account through your login. That's our plan again for SW.

Does anyone know the host resorts? Can't find it anywhere I've looked?

Not announced yet, they usually go up before regular registration opens though. It will be under the travel tab on rundisney

I bet the field size will be close to the January events and that all resorts will be host resorts. I really can't see RunDisney making this one small.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter