Official 2016 Princess Half Marathon Thread

I've been so caught up in getting ready for the W&D I almost forgot I am registered for the Princess Half too! I was looking at all those colors posted yesterday being all jealous and just now realized I am getting one too! What a goof I am, lol! :)

I've been so caught up in getting ready for the W&D I almost forgot I am registered for the Princess Half too! I was looking at all those colors posted yesterday being all jealous and just now realized I am getting one too! What a goof I am, lol! :)

As are we. Get caught up!!! It's in 14 days! ;)

Has anyone started training with the Galloway plans this week? I'm using a 12-week plan, so I don't *officially* start training until November 30, but it's exciting that those using the Galloway plans are starting this week! Makes the race weekend feel just a bit closer... :)
I started today. I'm not so tech savvy, so still figuring out the app. It was fun and I'm extra proud of myself today. Even ran in the rain this evening.

I am running the Princess half in February. I've ran many half and full marathons but never at Disney. In fact this will be my first trip to Disney as well as my family. I am getting really nervous about logistics to expo and then start line. is there transportation from all resorts on property? I will be going to start alone :(. Just wanting to know what to expect.

Thanks!
If you're staying at Port Orleans French Quarter, you can join my daughter and I!!

Count me in as another Aerial on the 1/2 course! I ran with a homemade mermaid tail in 2011- always loved her.
I will be Ursula for the 10K. Love the shirts and colors! I have already saved the photos for my race scrapbook.

Has anyone else been stalking the costume stores for race costume goodies??
I found a cute white rabbit inspired costume that I am use for the DL Half next year!
Glad my DH understands my madness! :ccat:

So in a fit of near crazy I just re budgeted my Wine and Dine trip, and I'm going to stay off site for Tinkerbell so I can run the glass slipper challenge. I'm not happy I have to go through a travel agent but I'd rather that than nothing. It's what I've wanted since day one with the Disney races and I'm just going to dive in and do it.

Alright people, I need some encouragement today! A couple of days ago I drove 12 hours to get to my parents' house, so the kids and I could have some fun in CA while DH is on a 10 day trip with his Dad (my kids are on year round school and are currently on a 4 week break). I've eaten mostly junk food since then, and the last thing I want to do is do my 5 mile training run today. It's so hard for me to get out and run after eating badly for a few days. What do you all do to get out of a bad cycle like that??

Last edited:
Alright people, I need some encouragement today! A couple of days ago I drove 12 hours to get to my parents' house, so the kids and I could have some fun in CA while DH is on a 10 day trip with his Dad (my kids are on year round school and are currently on a 4 week break). I've eaten mostly junk food since then, and the last thing I want to do is do my 5 mile training run today. It's so hard for me to get out and run after eating badly for a few days. What do you all do to get out of a bad cycle like that??
You mean the one I'm in right now? I convince myself that I'm going to run. I just put it on my to-do list. "Today I'm going to get that show off the DVR, do homework for grad school, and run five miles when I get home from work." kind of a thing. Once I start running again after a week off I get back into it but that first day it's a chore. As for the junk food I take that one day at time.

I did my second half yesterday. I was 5 minutes slower than my first half two weeks ago. I am pretty sure it is because I have been lax with the diet. Too much junk lately. :-( I've been using the running as an excuse to eat more than I really should.

I've got 4 weeks until the next race. I need to buckle down.

You mean the one I'm in right now? I convince myself that I'm going to run. I just put it on my to-do list. "Today I'm going to get that show off the DVR, do homework for grad school, and run five miles when I get home from work." kind of a thing. Once I start running again after a week off I get back into it but that first day it's a chore. As for the junk food I take that one day at time.

One day at a time is how I need to do it! I did go out do the run, and of course I felt so much better after doing it. Sometime it just takes making myself lace up my shoes and shoving myself out the door, before I start making too many excuses of why I shouldn't go out.

I did my second half yesterday. I was 5 minutes slower than my first half two weeks ago. I am pretty sure it is because I have been lax with the diet. Too much junk lately. :-( I've been using the running as an excuse to eat more than I really should.

I've got 4 weeks until the next race. I need to buckle down.

Hey, you did another half- congratulations!

Or you can use the time saved from no bathroom stops to stop and take pictures with the characters! :) :)
I do like this idea, as long as the lines are not long.

So, I'm a little vain. I don't like having my picture taken when I'm not wearing makeup. I'm contemplating putting on all my makeup the night before and sleeping so I don't mess it up. That way at 3:00 a.m. I can just get dressed and still be ready for photos. I mentioned this to my husband and the look I got said that I was crazier now than the day I decided I could run six miles and was willing to spend a fortune to race with Mickey.

I do like this idea, as long as the lines are not long.
I think the longest line I have waited in during a Disney race was 7-8 minutes...something like that. They normally go decently fast...

- Normally 1 CM will be taking the current picture while a second CM is getting the next camera ready...then they switch.
- No autograph books
- Everyone is in the same boat as you - they want their picture and then they want to get back on the course. So there's no prolonged interaction like you'd get in the parks.

Having said that, the lines for the 5K will be the longest you will see that weekend, unless someone uber-rare is out during one of the longer races.
So, I'm a little vain. I don't like having my picture taken when I'm not wearing makeup. I'm contemplating putting on all my makeup the night before and sleeping so I don't mess it up. That way at 3:00 a.m. I can just get dressed and still be ready for photos. I mentioned this to my husband and the look I got said that I was crazier now than the day I decided I could run six miles and was willing to spend a fortune to race with Mickey.
I don't wear make-up when I run...I sweat WAY too much for that. It would streak all over my face and I'd look worse than if I didn't have any on at all! :rotfl2:

Plus I'd be afraid it would clog my pores or something. And for me, the pictures are far enough away that you can't REALLY tell if I'm wearing make-up or not...or I wear sunglasses, so it doesn't really end up mattering.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter