Official 2016 Princess Half Marathon Thread

I've run rD races solo, with another person, and in groups, and have enjoyed myself every time. What I like about going solo is you can really soak in the atmosphere on race day. It's electric! It's pretty incredible to look ahead of you at the hundreds (sometimes thousands) of people getting ready to cross the start line, and then turn around and see even more people just behind you! I love it. The only race that waiting around seemed like torture was this year's Frozen 5K. We got there extra early, and wound up going numb in the process. Eeek!

That would have been torturous, no matter how many people I ran with!

I'm really glad to see this - otherwise we might have felt a little silly in our Flotsam and Jetsam costumes!!

You wouldn't look silly, no matter what the theme is! There are people dressed in all different ways.

Also...decent chance that we're getting a sneak peek at what the 5K medallion and medals will be from these cover photos, right?

22178423669_13719cc61b_z.jpg

I'm guessing it's definitely a good indicator of what the shirts will be like! I do know that the design of the logos is the same as what they have had in years past. I think the 5K one will be exactly what the medallion looks like, if I'm guessing.

Also...decent chance that we're getting a sneak peek at what the 5K medallion and medals will be from these cover photos, right?

22178423669_13719cc61b_z.jpg
I love the color scheme & Ariel being the featured princess (Cinderella was a couple of years ago if I remember correctly so I wouldn't imagine it would be her turn so soon). And I too thought that the 5k logo would be the 5k Medallion as soon as I saw it. It looks like it would be a perfect translation. I do agree with the other poster that the pink behind Ariel is a bit washed out, but doable.

And if these are the vibes for the shirts, then I'm excited for the shirts too!

Not sure if this will work, but I tried linking the pics I posted last year of the t-shirts once I got them. You can see the similarities in design to the ones posted above.

Yup! That's what I was saying! I'm thinking the logo and color schemes will be identical to those cover photos they released.

I hope those are the shirt colors! Right up my alley. :)

Mine too! I was super disappointed that the glass slipper training shirt was a darker cobalt. Was hoping for teal, aqua type colors. These will be great and should match many of my sparkle skirts!

Thank you for posting the theme! I love the artwork and the colors. Can't wait for Glass Slipper Challenge. Now I am only sorry I didn't register for the 5k as well!

I've only been running the PHM since 2012 - which princesses haven't been the featured theme yet?

I'm a bit curious about the color of the 10k medal this year. I would think it would think it would have to be silver or gold again. Will they rotate silver and gold every other year or perhaps change the color to a slightly different shade like rose gold? Or maybe only the inaugural will be gold?

I've only been running the PHM since 2012 - which princesses haven't been the featured theme yet?
When I did it in 2011 there wasn't a theme - there was the tiara medal with a green ribbon, but the 5K medallion was Beauty and the Beast. I think earlier years were similar.

I think the overall weekend themes started in 2014 (Cinderella) and then Frozen last year. Not sure what 2012 and 2013 were?

I think the overall weekend themes started in 2014 (Cinderella) and then Frozen last year. Not sure what 2012 and 2013 were?

Wasn't one year a Tangled/Rapunzel theme? Or was that the 5K only?
I just remember seeing lots of Tangled pictures when I was doing my research on PHM.

Googled a bit...5K medallions:

2009 - Cinderella (it's like a shield with two swords crossed...??)
2010 - Princess & the Frog
2011 - Beauty and the Beast
2012 - Tangled
2013 - Mickey & Minnie (5th anniversary and switch from tiara medal)
2014 - Cinderella & Fairy Godmother
2015 - Frozen

Old-look half marathon medals (I have the one in the middle) and one new-look medal. So I would say until they introduced the 10K/GSC, only the 5K really had a specific princess as the theme. The half medal was just a different-color ribbon:
Princess+medals.jpg

(from MousePlanet)

I'm a bit curious about the color of the 10k medal this year. I would think it would think it would have to be silver or gold again. Will they rotate silver and gold every other year or perhaps change the color to a slightly different shade like rose gold? Or maybe only the inaugural will be gold?

I'm thinking they were silver because of Frozen. My guess is that they will go back to gold.

I will be happy if the shirts are anything but the standard ugly grey! And I hope the women's will be v-neck! Crew neck shirts make me feel like someone is choking me.

Ugh...that gray. I wish I was doing GSC next year! I'm sure the shirt will be beautiful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter