Official 2016 Princess Half Marathon Thread

Hello all--
Sorry to continue to ask questions about this, but what is the best type of race to use for a POT? I'm having a hard time finding 10Ks that aren't "virtual races" around Boston this fall and am not sure where else to look:confused3 I'm starting to wonder if it's just easier to try and get in one of the faster no POT-needed corrals? Help!

Also, does anyone know what character their costume will be yet? Curious to hear what everyone has to say:goodvibes

There's a 10k in Canton in October, I believe. I may sign up for that one to see if I can better my 10k time so I can use that as POT.

Oh No! Hope you heal quickly. The training will happen. The upcoming races you have may be a bit slower than you hoped, but you still have tons of time for Star Wars and PHM. And plenty of time to get a 10k still:)

For POT a USATF certified race is the gold standard. However, I and others have reported using non-certified races to get a POT. I was injured last year and finding a certified race in the 2 weeks between when I was cleared to run again and the deadline when POT was due was tough because I had family commitments on those weekends as well. What you want to be sure is that the race you are looking at a has an official timekeeping system, and that they post results online. Once you are done and the results are posted you go to the runDisney website and enter your information including a link to the official results.

What do you consider around Boston? Within an hour of the city? The website http://runningintheusa.com is where I find my races. You click on a map to indicate the state or states you are interested in, then I select 10k specifically to narrow it down. I'm in Worcester County and I can find a 10k at least 3x a month from now until November that would be within a reasonable driving distance for me. Depending where you live, southern NH, RI or other surrounding states also make it fairly easy to find something that will work. One caveat, try to do some research on the races you are considering before you sign up to see how the course compares to your training. I did a 10k in Bedford Ma at the VA hospital around veterans day, and the course was super hilly, and I run on hills all the time. I had looked at the course profile and thought it looked similar to the hills I train on, but when I got home and looked at the Garmin data I had climbed twice the elevation as normal! A second website I have used is http://www.nerunner.com

Close enough where I could use some method of public transportation to get to the race (I'm in college and don't have a car on campus with me) so anything within a reasonable distance!

Thanks for all the good wishes! As for training I know I have time to get ready for this, but I have other runs scheduled... a 5k in 4 weeks, a 10k in 10 weeks, and star wars half a full month before the GSC.
Feel better soon. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

I signed up through a travel agency because I won't be able to get to a computer until after 4pm EST tomorrow.

I do not like booking things through third parties. It makes me very nervous.

They said it takes a week after official registration day to get the links to sign up for the event. That made me super nervous now.

Has anyone else done this and everything come out okay?

I am doing my 1st 5k ever during disney princess half marathon 2016!

Also doing the breakfast with hubby after who isnt doing any races..
Congratulations! My hubby only considered doing the one mile kid's race with the munchkin but now we are planning to leave him with the grandparents.

I signed up through a travel agency because I won't be able to get to a computer until after 4pm EST tomorrow.

They said it takes a week after official registration day to get the links to sign up for the event. That made me super nervous now.

I booked with travel agent too! GSC. Booking Tinkerbell as well at the end of the month PDC. This way I can insure I'm in for the C2C. Way less stress seeing I need hotel packages and stuff, makes sense for me. Got shut out when I try to get in for the DDD in September in regular registration, only way in through TA. A lot less stress, not having to deal with watching entries fill. The TA was so easy, and he is great to deal with.

Sorry if it's already been posted, but has anyone been able to find the link to the event on Active's website (as opposed to going through the runDisney site)?

I promised to take my kid to the dollar movies tomorrow but I'm taking my ipad and already have the websites loaded.

I haven't done this but I think I just read about their people doing this recently (getting the link afterward)...maybe in the Star Wars thread? I think you'll be okay!
Sorry if it's already been posted, but has anyone been able to find the link to the event on Active's website (as opposed to going through the runDisney site)?
Haven't looked, but they'll post it on runDisney.com. :)

I have booked through a TA before. That is how I got my GSC last year - I used the same provided for Star Wars & haven't yet gotten the link to sign up. I'm not nervous though as I was told it may take a bit of time for it to be given.

Can anyone tell me how registration for a child works for the 5K? Do I need to set up an Active.com login for her? Thanks for any info :).

Can anyone tell me how registration for a child works for the 5K? Do I need to set up an Active.com login for her? Thanks for any info :).
I've never registered a kiddo but I THINK you can register minors from your own Active.com account. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter