Official 2016 Princess Half Marathon Thread

Do you have your email confirming the waiver? If so you're in a growing group here and on the closed princess page on fb who are seeing the same thing.

Yup - this is becoming a common theme, along with the name issue. I hope they quadruple the staffing at Runner Relations, because it's going to be a nightmare, especially since in most cases (like mine) they basically told me they'll try to fix it but because it's so close to the race (again - RD's fault for waiting until the last minute for all of this), but it will probably have to be remedied at Runner Relations. At this point, I'm not making any daytime FPs or ADRs for Thursday because Lord knows how long I'll be stuck at the Expo.

No you won't- my DD and I will be joining you! And the farthest I have run/walk is 4 miles. I am freaking out about that.

I've done 5 miles (once), but not up to the 6.2. I figure if I can do 5, I can stick it out for 6.2. I might be counting on excitement and adrenaline to carry me through!

I've done 5 miles (once), but not up to the 6.2. I figure if I can do 5, I can stick it out for 6.2. I might be counting on excitement and adrenaline to carry me through!

The cool thing about the 10K course is that once you get past mile 3 or so, it's all in EPCOT so you can mentally "trick" yourself. If you've been to EPCOT, you already know how long the walk is from Mexico to Italy, or around the Boardwalk, or from the UK to the Seas, or back to the front of the park. Think of it as point-to-point and not mile to mile and you'll do great! You'll even surprise yourself!

I'm having minor freak out today. PLEASE tell me I won't be the only run/walk/run person doing the 5 and 10k???
Nope! I will be right there with you.

On another note... I ordered the wrong road id! I got the one for the fitbit flex and I have a charge hr. I could seriously kick myself right now!

I have a habit of falling down pretty hard before each big race, so I am hoping to avoid that this year. Wish me luck. Last long run this Sunday then gearing up and getting ready for the big day!

My big obstacle before EVERY race is that my youngest daughter always does something (accidentally) to hurt me. Dropping something on my foot, tripping me, hitting me in the leg... this has gone on for years now. I'll be in a great training season, and then WHAM.

Apparently this race is no different. When I was putting her to bed, she pulled the covers up over her head and suddenly started kicking out with both legs. You guessed it... WHAM head-on into my kneecap. (And I have enough knee problems without adding extras.) I've been limping for the past couple days, but I'm feeling much better today. I have 5 miles tomorrow and 14 Sunday (thanks a lot, Jeff Galloway), so I'll remain cautiously optimistic that I'll survive the weekend.

Last edited:
One of our runners is in J- she'll be the gal dressed like Vanellope Von Schweetz from Wreck It Ralph.

I ended up in F and my BFF in G. We run at different paces (I'm about 90 seconds/mile faster), and I was gonna drop back to run together, but I seem to be the only one in the group interested in stopping for characters, so I think I might end up sticking with my original corral and running on my own.

Yay another J! I stop for characters depending on the weather. Two years ago it was so humid that I couldn't keep my pace to finish 2:45, so I decided that I was just gonna have fun and stopped for all characters, so it took me 3:34 to finish. Hard part for me is training in the Northeast winter, then running in Florida. I have considered running with the pace group to try and get my pace back under 3 hours, that said, I will most likely stop for characters because it is so much fun!

My big obstacle before EVERY race is that my youngest daughter always does something (accidentally) to hurt me. Dropping something on my foot, tripping me, hitting me in the leg... this has gone on for years now. I'll be in a great training season, and then WHAM.

Apparently this race is no different. When I was putting her to bed, she pulled the covers up over her head and suddenly started kicking out with both legs. You guessed it... WHAM head-on into my kneecap. (And I have enough knee problems without adding extras.) I've been limping for the past couple days, but I'm feeling much better today. I have 5 miles tomorrow and 14 Sunday (thanks a lot, Jeff Galloway), so I'll remain cautiously optimistic that I'll survive the weekend.

Oh my! Make sure you ice up, and if you need to scale back do it. Missing one long run at this point will not kill you. Like I said, I broke my foot before the last PHM (1 year ago today actually), then had FIVE weeks! Yes FIVE weeks! To train for the Boston Marathon! The day before the marathon.....fell down my stairs and got whiplash in my neck. I swear I am jinxed!

Oh my! Make sure you ice up, and if you need to scale back do it. Missing one long run at this point will not kill you. Like I said, I broke my foot before the last PHM (1 year ago today actually), then had FIVE weeks! Yes FIVE weeks! To train for the Boston Marathon! The day before the marathon.....fell down my stairs and got whiplash in my neck. I swear I am jinxed!

Yikes! I think you need to surround yourself in bubble wrap for the next 2 weeks!

I'm having minor freak out today. PLEASE tell me I won't be the only run/walk/run person doing the 5 and 10k???
Nope!! DBF58 will be doing his FIRST EVER "run" in the 5k, and I'll be walking and trotting alongside like a good girlfriend should for support. However, the next morning I get to run with my DS22 in the 10k. Besides who cares how you get to the finish line, you're up and moving, feeling better with every step, and having a blast. Going to be wearing that medal proudly and saying, "I did it!" like the rest of us. :yay:

I think she's asking if the 10k corrals will follow the way the 5k corrals are (not) released, since they didn't already release them.

Mophie? ;)
Haha I'm not sure if that was a bad autocorrect or my own error, but that's funny! Morphine will probably last for a while too, I guess! ;)

Yay another J! I stop for characters depending on the weather. Two years ago it was so humid that I couldn't keep my pace to finish 2:45, so I decided that I was just gonna have fun and stopped for all characters, so it took me 3:34 to finish. Hard part for me is training in the Northeast winter, then running in Florida. I have considered running with the pace group to try and get my pace back under 3 hours, that said, I will most likely stop for characters because it is so much fun!

My plan is not to stay on pace with my corral. For me, the excitement of doing a Disney race is the prospect of stopping for characters and just enjoying the atmosphere! I busted my butt running my POT 10K last spring, so I would be as far up as I could. I guess I should just stay closer to the right side if I plan on running slower than my corral?

Do you have your email confirming the waiver? If so you're in a growing group here and on the closed princess page on fb who are seeing the same thing.

I have my email confirming my deferral to 2017. I didn't think I would have been assigned a bib number and waiver to sign.

I really appreciate Keels and Em for talking about their weird registration stuff. I registered my cousin and paid for her for the 5K, and reading your posts I got really nervous that she was going to show up as me! It's all fine for us; she looked up her own waiver tonight and it's all good. But I REALLY appreciate the discussion, because it gave me a head's up that there *might* be an issue.

Feb is harder than Jan. And Feb weather is already going back and forth and up and down and frost and OK...there's just no reason. (maybe there are more experienced Winter-in-Orlando people in this thread, too)

Keah, you are not alone; I think you're the 4th I've read, at least, with this experience, between here and FB . Maybe more, not sure.

I deferred and I have a waiver and bib number. Does that mean it wasn't approved?

Yup - this is becoming a common theme, along with the name issue. I hope they quadruple the staffing at Runner Relations, because it's going to be a nightmare, especially since in most cases (like mine) they basically told me they'll try to fix it but because it's so close to the race (again - RD's fault for waiting until the last minute for all of this), but it will probably have to be remedied at Runner Relations. At this point, I'm not making any daytime FPs or ADRs for Thursday because Lord knows how long I'll be stuck at the Expo.

I have my email confirming my deferral to 2017. I didn't think I would have been assigned a bib number and waiver to sign.

I do have the email saying it was "approved," but won't be processed until my card is charged in 4-6 weeks. I emailed them and they told me the same thing that the original email said and didn't answer my concern about the waiver...so I emailed them again. I'll report back with what they say.

Oh gosh no, not at all.

My cousin and I might just be walking the whole 5K; she's a busy lady with 3 kids and I'm not sure if she has been jogging at all, but even if she has, I do run/walk anyway. And for the 10K, absolutely. I do 1 minute intervals. All the way.

Disney's official training person is Jeff Galloway! He's THE run/walk guy!

If you've been to the disney parks, you know you can do a 10K. When at Disneyland for Star Wars we routinely did Half Marathons by the end of the day! Just walking to the start of the 5K, which involved quite a lot of what-I-felt-to-be excess walking, and then doing the 5K, DH and DS had done 5 MILES. Even before we got back to the motel.

Nope! I will be right there with you.

On another note... I ordered the wrong road id! I got the one for the fitbit flex and I have a charge hr. I could seriously kick myself right now!

Contact them! I urge you to call or email them and let them know.

But others have. So it seems to be a glitch. I wouldn't worry. Contact them, make sure they know of it to put one more on their tally sheet, but I wouldn't *worry*.

Guess I'm with the party in 'I'
Same bib number as was found on marathonfoto
My goal this time is to get a time that will push me up to G. Shouldn't be too hard, with the PoT I used, I was close to the H/I cut off. And that PoT was from July when I'd only been running a few months. I'm hoping that being more honest (and being stronger now) with my running will pay off.
And a certain someone :rolleyes1 is talking me into Dopey...... so this will be good motivation to keep improving!

Welcome to the party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter