Official 2016 Princess Half Marathon Thread

Me waiting for the 2016 Armed Forces Salute discount to come out...

url

Thank you! I needed some good news today.

I have tendinitis in both feet. Doctor has me cutting back on number of runs and distance for now. Ugh!

I did a one mile fun run with my 8 year old yesterday. I am glad it was only a mile and it was free! He complained the whole time. I had to run holding his hand part of the way (aka dragging him) and I got him to run across the finish line by promising him a donut. Somehow I still managed a 14 minute mile.

I did a 10K today. Ended up with a 10:10 pace. I'm super excited with that. I've shaved more than two minutes off my pace since the Princess 10K in Feb (my first ever race). Now I'm just waiting for the results to be posted online so that I can update my POT. I think that pace should put me under 2:30 for the half.

ETA: I also stopped at JoAnn's on the way home from the race and picked up fabric for my Princess Half costume. I've decided to go full out princess with my favorite, Belle. I'm doing Minnie for the 10K, now I just have to figure out the 5K.

Last edited:
I did a 10K today. Ended up with a 10:10 pace. I'm super excited with that. I've shaved more than two minutes off my pace since the Princess 10K in Feb (my first ever race). Now I'm just waiting for the results to be posted online so that I can update my POT. I think that pace should put me under 2:30 for the half.

ETA: I also stopped at JoAnn's on the way home from the race and picked up fabric for my Princess Half costume. I've decided to go full out princess with my favorite, Belle. I'm doing Minnie for the 10K, now I just have to figure out the 5K.

Congratulations on your increased speed! That's awesome!
Also, I'd love to hear more about your (and others') plans for homemade costumes. What kind of material do you use? Do you embellish on store bought running clothes or do you make a full out costume? I just bought a sewing machine and while I probably will not become good enough to make my running costume for princess, I kind of want to try.

Hope y'all have a great start to your week tomorrow!

Congratulations on your increased speed! That's awesome!
Also, I'd love to hear more about your (and others') plans for homemade costumes. What kind of material do you use? Do you embellish on store bought running clothes or do you make a full out costume? I just bought a sewing machine and while I probably will not become good enough to make my running costume for princess, I kind of want to try.

Hope y'all have a great start to your week tomorrow!

Thanks! I am planning to make a full out costume for Belle. I bought lycra fabric like you would use for dance costumes. It can be hard to work with if you are new to sewing. If you try it out make sure you get some good, all poly thread and some needles that are right for the fabric. You can find easy patterns online for running skirts, I would suggest starting there.

It is also fun to do costumes that are put together with regular running clothes. Google disbounding for ideas. There is a great thread in this forum on running costumes too. Lots of fun inspiration there.

For everyone that doesn't have a Disney visa the discounted rooms and packages are now live online for everyone for Princess weekend!! I'm staying at Caribbean Beach and was able to add on the dining plan that has 1 quick service, 1 table service, and 1 snack for about $31 per day per person. We chose that over the room discount since we had so many dining reservations planned.

On hold with Disney right now to see if spring room discount can be applied to my reservation. The hold music is "It's a Small World." :crazy2:
I imagine that is in an effort weeds out people waiting for a representative. I know a number of people who would hang up the minute the music started.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter